What is the diameter for Viper wheel studs? >>

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had one gall and twist off during a track event when the wheel was hot. I now apply a light amount of anti-seize to each one before puttin on the nuts and have had no further problems.

Do not let your Viper tech drive them out of the hub flange with a hammer. Use the right tool to press them out, which is the Viper Ball Joint tool C-4150A shown in the manual. Otherwise you will damage the bearings in the hub and possibly cause an early failure.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jerry Scott[CO]:
I had one gall and twist off during a track event when the wheel was hot. I now apply a light amount of anti-seize to each one before puttin on the nuts and have had no further problems.

Do not let your Viper tech drive them out of the hub flange with a hammer. Use the right tool to press them out, which is the Viper Ball Joint tool C-4150A shown in the manual. Otherwise you will damage the bearings in the hub and possibly cause an early failure.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You can purchase the wheel studs from local auto parts stores.
They are twenty times cheaper than purchasing them from the dealer.

Regards,
Doug Levin

Charlie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's unusual in this day and age to find a new car with something other than metric fasteners but the Viper seems to be the exception. The stud size is 1/2-20. The last vehicle I had that used that size was a FWD chevy blazer. I would imagine someone subed a few 12mmX1.5 since they "look" to be about the same size.. I would think any installer would have caught it when the lug didn't just spin right on..
Hope that helps..

Charlie
97 RO GTS
Adderwear Smooth tubes & K&Ns

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32