What is the part # for Champion sparkplugs...

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At 24,000 miles I guess it's time to change the plugs. I wanna use the Champions, I need the plug part # for a 2000 RT/10. How difficult is it to do yourself? Do you need to remove anything to get to them? Need a quick answer.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installation isn't difficult.
Part #: RC12LYC
Local Napa/parts store should carry them
Recommend you use some anti-seize on the threads during installation since it uses an aluminum head.
Other than that, you should be fine.
-Wayne

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Helps to remove the top of the HVAC airbox. 2 philips screws and 3 small bolts. I used dielectric grease in the sparkplug boots (when reinstalling) and was very careful removing the wires from the plugs to avoid damage. Used long nose pliers to grab as low on the boot as possible then twisted the boot a bit before pulling.

In addition, be sure to check each gap. I labeled the plugs as they came out in order to match it to it's cylinder in case of anomalies.

Lastly, I marked with permanent marker at the top of the insulator where the ground wire is welded to the plug body in order to verify that it wasn't shielding the electrode from the center of the cylinder. After proper torquing, I could look down at it and confirm it's alingment. Don't know if it makes a difference, but seemed to help me on the dyno a few days ago. Didn't need to move any of them, but would have doubled up on the gasket if I did by using the old plug gasket if I did.

</FONT f>

Bobby Likis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This coming weekend, our radio guests will be the technical director for Champion and the liaison between Champion Spark plugs and NASCAR. I'll ask what plug's best for the Viper and have the latest. There have been 8 NASCAR 1st place winners (including four different car makers) using Champion plugs so far this year.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">In addition perhaps you could ask him:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Is there any value to indexing?
<LI>Do higher gauge plug wires have any measurable benefit?
<LI>Do platinum plugs have value in a Viper application?
[/list]
</FONT f>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte