What is the performance CPU from Mopar?

Black Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the performance CPU from Mopar? How much is it and can it be added to any gen II Viper or must it come with it from the factory? Thanks for any insight!!!
patriotx.gif

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Black Snake:
What is the performance CPU from Mopar? How much is it and can it be added to any gen II Viper or must it come with it from the factory? Thanks for any insight! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a word: VAPORWARE !

1) The older, oft-maligned PCM / ECU provided NO addl HP unless you did 5 other mods. Then, it added only 5-10 itself. It was superceded and withdrawn about 5-6 mos ago.

2) The NEW-IMPROVED PCM/ECU was to be released in July. Then Aug. Then Sept. I now have it on excellent authority that it will not happen in 2001 at all.

3) Many Folks were disgruntled w/ theirs. PartsRack bought several of em back [ and we WILL BUY ANY untampered ones that may remain.] Their residual value is NOT HP, but no MEL lites on 2000 and other modded Vipers

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB:
&gt;&gt;&gt;The NEW-IMPROVED PCM/ECU was to be released in July. Then Aug. Then Sept. I now have it on excellent authority that it will not happen in 2001 at all.&lt;&lt;&lt;

I ordered a new PCM now via a DC dealer and the last letters of the part number are "AC" not "AA".

Is this the NEW PCM and what has been changed...?

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dyno my car a 2000GTS with the Mopar computer and with the stock computer, the Mopar computer added 7rwhp and 30rwtq. I have read all sorts of reports whether it works or not in my case it works great. All cars do not perform the same so i guess you take a chance if it doesn't work sell it.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Ron,

What mods did you have on your car at the time of testing?</FONT f>

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron at that time i had Mopar cat back exhaust, k & n filters, Mopar CPU. with that combination i made 423rwhp and 478rwtq. I took out the Mopar CPU and dropped to 416rwhp and a hugh lost in torgue to the tune of 448rwtq. Only change was a computer change.

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLS:
I am very interested in purchasing a Mopar Performance ECU.

Anyone that has one they would like to sell... please contact me at the email address below.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too.

[email protected]

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake Bitten is the Hennessey upgrade the same as chrysler's viper performance CPU? If so that's a good deal.

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had great luck with the Mopar ECU. The only mods I have are filters & smooth tubes. With the cats and rear muffler deleted. I have dynod 432rwh 478rwt on a few different dynos. My best time to date at the track was a 11.96 at 123. Plus, I have never had a check engine light or erratic running problem.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it too, but dont know what my numbers are/were without it...with the mopar, see my sig.

I never get any MILs, so maybe its at least worth keeping for that reason...

Anyone know specifically what parameters were changed, and if an outsource like MOTEC...GIAC...etc could burn a chip and modify this ecu (or stock ecu)? I am wondering if we could mod this ECU when future big power adders are planned...

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ronviper,

For that little cost, I am thinking of picking up the Stage 1, tossing it in @ the dyno, if it works, great, if not, re-ebay it...Any of the Houston boys know what the Hennesey Stage 1 PCM does for a mildly modified GenII car? Can't be too much, but for $180 if it bought me 10 rwhp and 20 lb ft of torque, what a bargain!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snake Bitten:
ronviper,

For that little cost, I am thinking of picking up the Stage 1, tossing it in @ the dyno, if it works, great, if not, re-ebay it...Any of the Houston boys know what the Hennesey Stage 1 PCM does for a mildly modified GenII car? Can't be too much, but for $180 if it bought me 10 rwhp and 20 lb ft of torque, what a bargain!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I talked with Albert Choubler (Nitrous Express Wholsale Distributor) today & he told me that he has them in stock. 713-857-9998

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King GTS...

I obviously need to place that call to Albert Choubler, as I am fogging my RT this winter and haven't decided on the system, although I am leaning toward N20/C3 setup...if I can get past having that BBQ looking bottle in my trunk...and I definitely want to try the PCM thing...good tip...Thanks!

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony Besh with that 123mph my 87GN ran 10.87 in the 1/4 mile. Your viper is flying, i believe since i have almost same mods my numbers would be similar to yours. This shows how good the buick hooks up compared to the viper but on the fly the buick would be hard pressed to keep up. Again great mph for the mods, congrats..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4