What kind of headers for my supercharged GTS

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have any dyno tests to back this up?

Would be interesting to see some back to back dyno graphs.

Just the word of some different Viper tuner shops that have used them all. I have some dyno graphs of belanger and M&M Performance but other changes were made to the car so that would not be fair. We have supercharged Vipers out there over 1000rwhp.

We are not running any pickle in our set up. That may work on a stock car but is a restriction on a modified one.

OP
OP
V

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would headers and cutting out the cats help in keeping the car cool? The temps seem to be getting up to around 215-220 now thats its warming up here in houston. It has

New waterpump
180 thermo
Oversized radiator

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're not overheating. Engine temps would probably not change much unless your Cats are plugged or your ehaust defective in some way. What are your a/f ratios?

My Roe supercharged GTS runs about the center of the temp guage with very little variance. I also have the Roe 172 Tstat and Roe fan controls. I did instal a Roe front fascia scoop (like Dave6666) in my car and that did make a differnce allowing my car to run slightly cooler. I have 50,000 miles on my car and the original radiator still.

You must be registered for see images

The theory is that air that would have gone under the car now goes through the scoop then through the rad. There is a tin sheet that seals the undercar engine compartment from undercar air until AFTER the engine. This stops the undercar air from coming into the engine bay immediately behind the radiator inhibiting the air trying to flow through the radiator. With the front undercar skin the air is directed past the engine. This modification also enhances front aerodynamics slightly.

This modification, pictures and instructions can be found in the Illustrated Upgrades section. Oh, you're not a member? Well there's a good reason to join the VCA.

Ted

OP
OP
V

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Af's are right in line where they should be....i guess i was just looking for that extra excuse to go ahead and just buy the headers lol.

My temps stay towards the middle for the most part around 185-200....but at times starts to heat up to the 220 degree mark and it takes a while for the car to cool down (im ok with keeping an eye on the gauges but having to worry about it all the time is getting somewhat annying).

I think a big part has to do with the Front Mount sitting in front of the radiator so im trying to figure out what i can do to help the situation

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did I suggest Roe Racing's front fascia scoop? Yes, I did. Search and you'll find many threads with some of the members stating that this modification really works. Join the club so that you get acess to the many members in your area, Mr. Herb Helbig, SRT Engineers forum and the Illustrated Upgrades

Ted