What people thought the FIRST time you drove by in the Viper...

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i drive mine everyday and its the same reaction from everyone since the day i picked it up. i love to see porsche and vette owners faces when at a red light and people pointing and starring at my viper and pay no mind to their cars. they are probably " what about me? you dont see me?" its priceless!!

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really love Porsche 996s but there are so many of them that I wouldn't want to be "just another Porsche".

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My heart just pounds away every time I drive my Viper, just like it did the first time I ever drove one. No doubt it's popular with the public too. Last month I went to a car show with it. It was an open show and the weather was nice so I decided to stick around and enter the show for the fun of it. My Viper created a lot of attention. People were coming over to take pictures, want to sit in it, and just talk "cars." As it turned out, I won the "peoples choice" award. I was pretty shocked--really, as there were so many great classics at the show. I beat out a lot of vettes and other 60/70's muscle cars--I felt sorry for the owners because they put so much time, effort, and money into restoring their personal classic, and I showed up with basically a brand new car. I think we deal with Viper members so often we take owning one a little for granted. John Q public (from car-nuts to kids) are similar to us--crazy about Vipers, the difference is we own one.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heysie, great pic!

Tmcalist, nice line on the trade!

Way too many experiences to relate, but on the trip home from buying the car (Tampa to Durham, NC), I had to run a couple of people, had pictures taken, had to take a brief detour due to a cop, and field lots of questions at gas stations!

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my car as a 40 th. Birthday present for myself.
So I'm driving the car for the first time and I'm stopped at a light. Two beautiful girls around 19 or 20 years old pull up to me in a convertible BMW. The driver smiles and says "Hot car....I wish my dad had one." Ouch!

OP
OP
G

Gregnice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my car as a 40 th. Birthday present for myself.
So I'm driving the car for the first time and I'm stopped at a light. Two beautiful girls around 19 or 20 years old pull up to me in a convertible BMW. The driver smiles and says "Hot car....I wish my dad had one." Ouch!
I think she may have said "Daddy, you're the one" :D Perception is everything!!!