What RPM does your Viper idle?

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by AAKVIPER, Jun 15, 2019.

1. AAKVIPER

AAKVIPER Viper Owner

My 1994 Gen 1 has been at this idle area since I first owned it! rpm6.jpg

2. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President

I think my gen 3 is similar, somewhere between 400-600. Can't remember what my mom's 94 idles at though.

3. lane_viper

lane_viper Enthusiast

Drove mine to work this morning, my 96 GTS idles at 600-800RPM from what I can tell.

4. kssssnake

kssssnake Enthusiast

Brings to mind another thought. It is good to check your throttle bodies every year to make sure they go full open at full throttle. I believe one side needs to crack open first. Viper Steve can address that one. Gremlins play with the cables over the winter.

5. steve e

steve e Viper Owner

On my 95 I had to adjust the throttle body cables, right from the factory, and after that every so often, it seemed once they were set at the perfect spot they stayed put, if you make them to tight , when you slam on the throttle they click open a few notches and the throttle doesn't open all the way, you will get the hang of it the more familiar you get with the car.

6. Grailkeeper

Grailkeeper VCA Member

Hi Guys.....
    The tach on the early cars only has a 500 and 750 tic make. With the needle just below the second mark it is sitting at 700 rpm right where it should be....thanx to Dick Winkles for the info....Mr V-10 himself