what should i pay for an 04 ?

redlightrich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi all, there is a local dealer in nj that has 2 04 srt's one black one red. i have seen similar new 04's on e bay (one on right now) for 73k no reserve and zero bids. i am wondering what is the best price i can expect for a cash sale. also is gas guzzler included in the invoice price, or does that get added on later?( does the 73k turn to 76k) i bought my gts used, and have no experience buying a new car that has a gas guzzler tax. thanks, rich.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 78 to 79 k including the gas guzzler tax is about right. It's probably possible to get one cheaper, but you should be able to get one under 79 pretty easy.

The ebay car likely doesn't include the gas guzzler tax, but 76 would still be a good price if the auction is for real.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last week there was a dealer in Salt Lake City who had a brand new 2004 on Ebay for "Buy It Now" priced at $72,500. Prior to that there were two new 2004's at a dealer in East Peroia Illinois on Ebay for "Buy It Now" priced at $75,000 each. My local dealer wants $76,300 for the new 2004 he has.

I've already seen a couple 2005's priced on Ebay for about 77-78. In fact, there's a 2005 in New Jersey just off the truck - "Buy It Now" at 78,300.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BTW - I didn't call about all the cars I listed but the ones I did call on were priced with the guzzler tax included.

Also - I was wrong about the 2005 in New Jersey. It's actually in Ohio. Guy's name is Clayton Sanders at 1-800-586-2343. "Buy It Now" price is $78,280. Car arrived at his dealership on December 4th.

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The gas guzzlers tax is added into the sticker price, so it should not be added after the final price. If they try to do that I would balk.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait another month or two--January and Feburary Should be a good month to buy a Convertible!! JMO Especially for a Jersey guy!!!

nevrenuf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just closed the deal on mine.. well under 70. there are currently 5 cars on ebay right at 70K.. all brand new.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It’s certainly a buyer’s market right now for SRT10’s. I think there are a few reasons why and I’m not going to get into it because I think we all know what they are.

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no offense 'nevrenuf' but stop BS around. You did not get new 04' 'well under 70k' and there are no new 04 'right at 70k' on ebay. Or define new... was it 04 with 1000 miles on it... then maybe...

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I’m with you madman. For the past 2 months I’ve been pounding the pavement for Viper deals on Ebay and every other media. The best deal I’ve seen to this date has been a silver 2004 in Salt Lake City listed with an Ebay “Buy It Now” of $72,500. If anyone is finding better deals or has better resources, please make it available to all of us

Please give us names and locations of the selling dealers. Please – no hearsay or second hand stuff.

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coincidentally, the SLC was on my list as well and I was getting ready to get it. But it was silver and viper (to me) had to be red. So when local dealer responded to an invoice offer on 05 I went for it. I couldn't be happier with my choice:).

To redlightrich - contrary to others I think that the best time to buy convertible is NOW - not Feb/March. When the dealer owns it and paid for it he is loosing interest from his inventory loan if he won't sell. So in November when he sees that the car won't move the entire winter he might be willing to make a deal to sell it. Well in march he already eat through the loss and with the warmer weather out there and more people willing to buy cvt he might see that he might (and he will) get much better price then to sell it in March at loss. I don't see SRT being challenged either by Z06 or by ferraris - it's simply a different car, true roadster and I'd say there should be plenty of buyers if more folks would find the same thing like I did - that the Viper (in form of SRT10) can actually be driven every day and it is (relatively) tame and forgiving beast.

DC! Wake up and realize that you have really unique car in your hands which won't be challenged for the next 5 years! There is no true powerful roadster in plans of any manufacturers and corvette is an awful lame car as far as the styling goes!

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Come on guys, take a look at my 04 Black SRT-10 for sale. My new toy is on the way.

2004 Viper SRT-10 for sale. Triple black. Showroom new. Never raced, wrecked, rained on or smoked in. Broken in per VCA guidelines. Upgrades include, K&N filter kit, Corsa Track Exhaust, HRE 545R wheels, Pirelli P Zero tires, Aldan adjustable coilover suspension, Unitrax 3.55 rear gear set. This is the nicest Viper you will ever see. The owner is a current VCA member, previous VCA officer and multiple Viper owner. Look in my picture gallery for current pictures of the car. http://gallery.viperclub.org/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/72
Please call 574-361-7681 for more information.
$78k firm.

7204_Viper_Lowered_Passenger_Side-1-med.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant