What size are the speakers behind the seat of 2008/9 Coupes?

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took both out but before I order higher end replacements does anybody know what size they are? How about a good replacement that is an easy replacement?

I have my seats removed from the car along with the big partition behind the seats but the speakers don't say anything and the securing screws appear to be fairly specific. They appear to be 2 inch but I want to be sure. Any help would be great since I couldn't find anything on these on the boards.

Lots of good info for the sub and door speakers but not the rears.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
V

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I found it on a really old forum post but if someone can confirm 2 3/4" is the size I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what I recall. Let me know if you find and aftermarket speaker that actually fits with a better sound or power rating.:dunno:

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
kicker used to have a bad ass 2" speaker just a 1 way it may have even been a tweeter i don't think so though my cousin had it in his like 85 mercedes diesel. JL would surely have something.

OP
OP
V

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a replacement that fits the 4 hole pattern studs that stick out. I haven't even been able to find any 2 3/4" speakers period. I am keeping them as is until such time someone has a solid replacement that works better.

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are just fill speaker, if you go and put nice door speakers and new sub you might as well just disconnect them. Had same small speakers in my prowler replaced them with pioneers and they just are in wrong place to have good sound quality.