What the F was I thinking...........

V

venms96

What the H was I thinking...........

.........in the middle of Winter in Pennsyltuckey, and all over the East Coast.....you can sometimes do some weird stuff - like put a Viper up for sale and think about buying a GT3 Porsche or Ferrari 355, which are still very cool cars, but.......for no good reason. I don't feel like spending 7-8k on an "engine out" service either, ridiculous really......even if it is the coolest sounding car on the planet.

I removed the Viper car cover today, drove to a friend's house, (100 yards away!) who also owns a Viper, with the best red paint shine I've ever seen (and has a heated garage) and put the NXT Meguiars treatment on her. After doing this, I looked at this mint, original 450hp Beast and thought - jeeeeezuz - I always wanted this car, worked my *** off to get it, enjoyed the 5 years of ownership with it, they didn't make many of em, it's still one of the greatest looking Vipers ever, why the hell am I thinking about selling it..............?

Well - thanks for not taking advantage of my seasonal disorder. I pulled into my garage with Led Zeppelin playing, came to my senses - and typed this message.......next time you see my car for sale - would someone from this area please slap me.

I own one helluva nice '96 GTS. I've read the soft market crap, real estate, and Barrett Jackson bs everywhere......and to be quite blunt, none of that would ever effect the price of my car. We are Car guys, we live for this stuff - I don't care that the real estate market has changed drastically, they rode the high horse for a long time anyway.

Can't wait for driving weather, when I can run a few guys, and one girl.... in my area with my "lumpy cam" and feel that overwhelming sense of ownership once again.

Wintertime is rough for some of us (obviously me).......thanks for listening to my rant, and thanks even more for not calling me about my B/W '96 GTS. Sometimes all you gotta do is just uncover the car, sit in it, wax it, listen to some tunes, it'll change your mind real quick. (a few Beers won't hurt either)

Carry on...........

SDMF

Last edited by a moderator:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahahaaa I got such a good laugh out of your post!!! very kewl, glad your Viper didn't sell:)

OP
OP
V

venms96

What classified ad? ;)

wow - that was quick kco..........thanks. A little rebate might help with the aftermath I have to endure........

Too much time at the computer during the Winter can make a man do stupid things.........you guys that enjoy maybe 1 month of "chilly" weather - live a whole different life when it comes to cars. Hope you're enjoying it - cabin fever settin in bout now for us.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:dig:

I hate to quote folks from Maine :looney:But YOU CAN"T GET THERE FROM HERE!

Glad you settled down. Very hard to improve on a 96 GTS /

Been there ...and came to my senses.

Peace...close call.

OP
OP
V

venms96

:dig:

Very hard to improve on a 96 GTS /

Been there ...and came to my senses.

Peace...close call.

Yea - very hard to improve on this car - but I love and respect all the Vipers......
Glad to see I'm not the only one - glad you came to your senses too........
Thanks man - it didn't get that "close", a few phone calls-that's it - I figured, keep this bad boy and get the 911 some other time without getting rid of the B/W. Would love a 355, but again - those "services" and other known future problems can scare a regular car guy away real quick.

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the same probem, Put mine on ebay,had one offer (24k), was glad when it was over!!My new plan is to be the first 200000 mile viper!!It has 35k right now.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see you came to your senses....even if we were looking for a reason to slap you. Ed said he was thinking about slapping you just for laughs anyway:D

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see you came to your senses....even if we were looking for a reason to slap you. Ed said he was thinking about slapping you just for laughs anyway:D

We'll be happy to slap you anytime...:D
Good to have you back. Now how about actually driving it after all these 5 years, instead of waxing the hell of it and listening Led Zeppelin in the garage???:headbang:

Denny Wagner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the cover off one of mine yesterday and went for a little bit 'o beakfast with it. By the time I came out, a quick snow squall had dumped a good covering of snow all over it. Slow going on the way home, and then a good cleanup in the garage.

If you need someone to slap ya...let me know! :)

See ya.......Den (Allentown area)

OP
OP
V

venms96

aaaaaaahh, good ol Ed. I see nothing has changed, and I'm glad about that !! We all have to group up again, more this year, the two "Hanover" boys got busy with too many home projects........time to crank it up again, but man - with all these "blown" and "bottled" cars around here anymore.......my basic '96 lumpy cam car can't compete ! Besides, I don't want any stone chips on the front anyway !! hahaaa

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll be happy to slap you anytime...:D
Good to have you back. Now how about actually driving it after all these 5 years, instead of waxing the hell of it and listening Led Zeppelin in the garage???:headbang:

It could be worse, he could be listening to one of the all girl bands like the Spice Girls or Aerosmith:eater:

OP
OP
V

venms96

It could be worse, he could be listening to one of the all girl
bands like the Spice Girls or Aerosmith:eater:

awwww, now you're askin for it Sonny !! hellloooooo - Aerosmith, still goin strong since 1971 !! Just like an old muscle car !

Move to Texas. No winter blues.
But plenty of nasty Lone Star long necks
You got the Texas Floods tho !! and.......Shinerbock beer !! Luv Texas....you southern guys do have such a different "car life" though.....imagine having to shut it down every year for about 4-5 months. It gets to ya afterwhile. I don't mind a little break in any routine, but not being able to ride a Motorcycle or drive your favorite car from November to April, well - you can imagine, it's not cool.

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good move..

Every time I consider the thought of selling my GTS for a quick way out of some CC debt, I go into the garage, stare at those classic lines and beautiful curves, and Im cured ;)

The guy I bought my car from told me it hurt so bad to let it go, he had to give me every scrap that reminded him of it, including all the Vipermag issues, binders, service manuals, and service records. Lucky me ! :headbang: I'd be the same way...

Last edited:

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of Aerosmith, don't forget that someone here has Joe Parry's old Viper. Wow, they must be very lucky. For those who don't know, Joe Parry was a member of Aerosmith. BTW, my car was formerly owned by Jon Voigt!
PaVenom RT/10

V

Venomiss

Maybe that if I was a VCA member my classified ad would be free.....:)
VCA Joining / Renewal Message - Introducing PayPal!

You can now renew your VCA Membership in one of 3 ways:
1) Via our new PayPal option at Dodge Viper Magazine
2) by calling Viper Headquarters at 1-800-998-1110 or
3) by mailing us your check or money order. If you choose to use the new PayPal option, you will need your full 17 digit Viper VIN to complete the renewal process. Simply log onto Dodge Viper Magazine and the renewal information is located on the Home Page. If a member doesn't renew their membership via PayPal or by some other method, we will be mailing out renewal notices at the beginning of December .

Last edited by a moderator:

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of years ago my wife keep complaining about all my cars after I purchased a Lamborghini Gallardo. To shut her up I ended up selling my 2002 Viper GTS. After selling it I really regreted it. I recently found an 02 ACR in perfect condition at a great price and purchased it. All's I can say is don't sell it or you will regret it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc