Broken fan - What Now

Fatman2006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta respect a man who goes boldly against popular wisdom and triumphs. So far, so good. Let us know how it works this summer, and with track loads. Probably going to need some refinement, but you seem up to the task. You do plan to replumb some steering cooling, right?
Thanks for the affirmation brother. I don't track my car so it will never see that load but, 115+ temps in Arizona should put it through it's paces.

It was a jumble of words and difficult to articulate on a forum, but steering cooling is still in place.

I'll take a picture, the common nomenclature makes it impossible to explain in text. :beer:

Last edited:

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would data log your temp from cold start.
Also AC on will have an effect.

In my opinion, 160 thermostat is low and so is running it at 180.

Fatman2006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would data log your temp from cold start.
Also AC on will have an effect.

In my opinion, 160 thermostat is low and so is running it at 180.
Good call, I'll data log today with AC on. 160 would normally be too low but I live in AZ and more importantly, I have complete control of the fans. So I can make the car as hot and cold as I want. 160 T-stat just lets me start the process sooner. But yeah I agree 180 is on the cold side. Although, the car is not at 180 while I'm driving to closer to 200, or at least it was yesterday we'll see what happens today.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thermal efficiency is better when running warmer within reasonable limits. You just want to be able to 'keep a lid' on high demand heat rejection requirements so that you don't cook things under the hood.

Fatman2006

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala