What will the TA be offered at?

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw in a Maxim magazine approx. $116K. But consider the source

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to see an exact comparison of an SRT with TP versus the TA spec sheet to see exactly what's different between the cars. I mean something official, not what we've kind of heard, like thicker rotors, badgeless badges, etc., but exactly is the difference. I saw the TA cost somewhere quoted at $10K, I'd love to see what that extra $ buys you above the base TP car other than a TA on the fender .. and being known as the car MotorTrend forced SRT to build (I still hate that angle they took on that mag issue, but I'll let it go).

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a pretty simple comparison, the TA package isn't that big.

SRT Track Package vs Time Attack Package:

TP = StopTech 2-piece brake rotors, lightweight wheels, Pirelli Corsa tires.

TA = Same TP wheels/tires, plus larger diameter and thicker front brake rotors. Exterior carbon group (brake cooling ducts front and rear, rear tail panel). Aero carbon group (front splitters, rear spoiler). Carbon engine bay X-brace. Contrast color-stitching on interior surfaces and seats. Decals in lieu of hard emblems. 2-mode electric shocks.

The only negatives for the TA is that you can only get the ballistic cloth seats, only matte black wheels, and only in specific colors. The TA cars won't have any options, it is a set package. So, likely no available NAV, stereo upgrads, leather, rear-cam, etc... But, that is also what makes the TA cool. Pretty raw car. The orange is likely to be only for TA cars. Most of the $10K cost difference is the overpriced carbon fiber bits, and the shock system.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No one has seen any pricing , but ordering a SRT with rims , tires, and aerodynamic kit is close to 110. I do believe adding the bigger brembo rotors, the full electronic suspension, custom badging, custom interior touches, special paint in the case of the orange, the vehicle logically will be in the low 120s. Just an educated guess , but knowing the cost of the big Brembo rotors and the estimates for an electronic suspension , I think this is where the vehicle will be priced.

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT TA package:

Single spec-package designed with unique ESC, ABS and traction control tuning for extreme
on-track performance. Build limited to 159 vehicles: "TA Orange" (x93); Venom Black (x33); Bright White (x33).

Uniquely tuned and upgraded specifically for on-track usage and to maximize performance of
Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires and Sidewinder II lightweight wheels. High-camber racing alignment for
improved grip and reduced tire wear.

Advanced exterior aerodynamics pkg includes carbon fiber front splitters & rear spoiler.

Re-tuned two-mode Bilstein DampTronic suspension system features firmer levels of damping
and smaller spread between specific modes. Retuned shock dampers, springs (painted orange) and
road-racing derived solid sway bars. Lighter carbon fiber X-brace replaces standard aluminum brace.

Brembo wide annulus, high thermal capacity rotors and pads that increases that optimizes heat
dissipation providing improved extreme use. Existing Brembo calipers feature a black anodized finish
with the Viper logo shown in TA Orange.

Carbon fiber rear applique accentuates rear width proportions, TA sill decals and Stryker logo (on front fascia).

Same standard premium ballistic fabric racing seats from Sabelt, Both driver and passenger seats
accommodate 3- or 6-point harness for racing belts.

Single spec standard black interior combination includes unique orange accent stitching on cloth
seats, instrument panel (through the cowl), center stack, console, pull brake, shifter boot, shifter
head, steering wheel and upper doors.

Curb weight 3,340 pounds (estimated).

-RS

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm. With all that stuff removed etc its still pretty heavy at 3340lbs. I'd love to see what an SRT Viper with TP brakes and motions would do vs a TA. The SRT Vipers can come in under 3300lbs from what I've read.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang