What would you do?

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Currently own an 02 FE GTS # 357. Currently have c6z06 on order @ MSRP $66,990 to arrive 1st week of June. 2 cars combined value est. $125k. c6z06 wouldn't be daily driver, but would drive during many nice days (3,000 miles summer) and drive GTS to car shows, limited, save for long term (rarity, performance, collectability)

Can currently order an 06 Ford GT @ MSRP (est $165k), or buy 05 Ford GT with 600 miles for $145k. Sell GTS and cancel cz6 and have the GT for $20-$40k more. Ford GT would be better performing than both, but more difficult to drive often and I'd want to keep miles low for long term sake.

What would you do?????????????????????

thanks............ I need to decide within 2 weeks...

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd keep the GTS and the Z06. I know the GT is a popular car, but it can't possibly be as good as the cumulative value of those two cars. And I still can't imagine buying something with a blue oval on it, no matter how wicked :)

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All depends on what you want the car(s) for?
To have a couple nice U.S. Muscle cars in the stables?
To have something the LOOKS awesome and is RARE?
To drive so fast is scares the Heck out of you?
Etc, etc.

I would suggest dumping the Z, and sending your FE to Heffner for enough power to make you forget all the others! :headbang:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd keep the GTS and the Z06. I know the GT is a popular car, but it can't possibly be as good as the cumulative value of those two cars. And I still can't imagine buying something with a blue oval on it, no matter how wicked :)

Thats deadon with every point he made :2tu:

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let's see...

Two cars you would drive more or one car you would drive less...

I don't think there's much of a contest there unless you don't like driving.

Santo

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, no contest - 2 are better than one.

With the extra $20K, mod the GTS to provide GT-like mojo and keep them both.

The GTS and GT are crowd pleasers - though they can attract different segments. The Z06 ought to be a drive-whenever car which you certainly don't get with the GT.

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love that Ford GT!! I also love my 97GTS. The Z06 is everywhere. Try to figure out how to have the GTS and the GT, that is what I am trying to do. :2tu:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like many others are saying, you have to ask yourself, do you really want to spend that much money on a car that is barely going to be driven or have two vehicles that you know you will at least get some good seat time in.