What would you guys do if this happened to you?

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm taking my daughter to school this morning here on a cold day in Tampa about 8:15 Tuesday morning when all of a sudden a truck coming from the opposite direction throws a MacDonald's drink on my car. The drink splatters all over the
windshield blocking my view for a moment until I got the washers on. I did a turn a round and chased the a-hole down only to think, I must be the nutty one.
I have my daughter in the car and I just went 90 mph to catch up w/ this ****
who must be a jealous s.o.b. I regained my composure got his tag number and took
her to school. He could of had a gun, been on drugs, and worst of all she saw all this happen. Why....b/c it's a nice car and he's jealous?

Thanks,
Mike

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd have done the same as you. Bearing in mind the safety of the child, I'd still catch up to the sob and get his plates. Then I'd call the cops. It's a crime to throw anything out the window of a car and an even bigger crime if you hit another vehicle.

I'm sure he thinks it was cute. I don't think so.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
911. "Some guy is throwing garbage all over the road and endangering the lives of innocent motorists. His plate is *** and I'm behind him right now on [street]. Hurry!"

peakcompletions

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There have been a flurry of posts like this lately, viper owners posting about haters like this POS that messed with you...

I have come to realize that I am now a hater.... I hate people! I cannot believe that happened to you. Sorry your daughter had to see that.

What happened to people who used to respect other people's property???????

When I was a kid and saw one of my dream cars, I wouldn't even dream of touching it yet GASP, try and hurt it because I didn't have one.

Never had anyone mess with my cars like they did you [knock on wood knock knock] but I think you showed a lot more restraint than I could have.... They would have been calling 911 on me!! :bonker:

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Something very similar happened to me, I lost control in front of my 5 year old daughter and almost beat the piss out of someone, I have regretted my foul language and immature behavior around that incident ever since .

Better it happens now, with no damage so you'll be prepared to restrain next time.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My son, in your case duaghter, is the variable that cannot be fooled with. I would have pulled over and just looked at her and calmed myself. On the other hand if she was not in the car all bets are off. Something like that happened to me and it is funny how quickly people change there tune when the 2 tons of steel around them is no longer protecting them......

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You did the right thing. Good job. You don’t want your daughter seeing the dark side of you.

What next? There are lots of scenarios of what you could or should do next. The best thing is bring in the law and let them deal with it and get on with your life and family. You don't want to do something stupid and find out now your a criminal. I know it’s hard but You'll probable never see this A hole again in your life. Just explain to you daughter how we should all feel sorry for people with such low self respect, that they try to make themselves happier by trying to bring other people down. Blow it off to her like it no big deal.

Of course, keep working on that plan to hunt the SOB down and kick the living S#/! out of him! But play it cool on the outside:)

Sorry that happened Bro. We feel your anger.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FinallyGotIt is right. Since you had your daughter, you did the right thing. Now if you werent with your daughter, I'd recommend tracking him down and beating him so bad, that he'd need a couple months of rehab to learn to walk and talk again. It seems like everyday on here, its a new story about a Viper wreck or some a-hole being destructive to someone's Viper. Its depressing and angering to read all these stories. Good luck finding the guy and atleast having him arrested or finding him on your own and doing a much worse version of this -----> :buttkick:

OP
OP
M

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:curse:
Thanks for the support guys. I was sooo mad I think I would have shot the s.o.b. had I been by myself.
Update: I have a friend in the Sheriff's dept who ran the plates and I know who the guy is and where he lives.
Heee-Heee.....Nuff said!!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The worst part is the cops will probably deem this not serious enough to pursue. It's great you got a friend willing to break the law and give you the info (wish you can tell us what happens next, but I would advise against it), but most likely, the police will do nothing. Unless you went back to get the cup with his dna on it, it'll be hard to prove anything, let alone his intent.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
911. "Some guy is throwing garbage all over the road and endangering the lives of innocent motorists. His plate is *** and I'm behind him right now on [street]. Hurry!"

Best advice ...keep it cool

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you did the right thing. even if you didnt have your daughter in the car. lets say you didnt have your daughter and you did catch the guy. jumped out and beet his ass. now its your ass thats in trouble. you go to jail for assualt. depending on the severity of his injuries he sues you and is now the proud owner of your viper, while your ass is behind bars.i have seen it first hand. i would get the tag like you did and make a call from a pay phone giving out no personal details(on you) to the police saying that the guy was not only throwing stuff at peoples cars he was waiving a fire arm as well. a friend of mine did a similar thing and it was quite something to see the cops pull over the punks in the car with their guns drawn slamming the kids face down in the dirt. of course there was no gun but i doubt those punk kids will ever forget the day they got swarmed by 4 cop cars and thrown out of their car.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow..........incredible [******] is this world coming too. Anyway, I would probably not be able to show the amount of restraint that you did......very admirable. I would certainly have gotten his plates, probably passed it on to several cop friends of mine, got his address...........and.....well lets just say McDonalds would have done very well on pop sales for the month. Payback is a *****.............!!!!!

But your certainly did the right thing. he could be a psycho for all you know.

You must be registered for see images

Patrick

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear that happened. myfirstviper has some good advice there, I'll have to remember that if I am ever in a similar situation.

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You did the right thing, on several counts. It's okay for your kids to see that things DO upset you - And it's even better for them to see that you didn't let it get the best of you.

Definitely report it to the police. Write down any identifying markings on the vehicle so that you can contact the employer possibly. But don't challenge someone with your kid with you. Having one of your kids witness you getting your head blown off is not in their best interest.

Mike M

prosthogod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know my kids would have been egging me on to chase him down. You did the right thing. Another option is to follow him and call the cops with your cell phone and have him caught NOW.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And let's not forget the $1000 fine for littering. Mention the words "revenue" and "retirment fund" to the cops and they'll come after him.

OP
OP
M

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
;)
All you guys are right about not making a stance right there in front of my 13 year old. I try so hard to keep my Snake looking good b/c I worked hard and earned the money to finally afford one. If I see a speck of dust on her I clean it right away...can't stand it. I even wash underneath the car sometimes. Then, to have some low life do something like that, that I care for so much really pissed me off at the time and it took all I had to hold back. They acted like nothing had happened when I caught them and laughed at me. ROAD RAGE was setting in!!
I have cooled down a bit and it all cleaned off but it still is amasing to me that someone would do such a thing.
It ain't over......

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Absolutely did the right thing. I think only the karma police would pursue this unfortunately.

Laugh it off, your the better man for it.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had something similar happen a while back. Some kids threw spit balls at the car, happened to be kids in my high school. I ended up chasing them down, nearly beating the kid with his crutch and then I said forget it and called the cops. They showed up to the kids house and had a nice little chat with them. Needless to say it scared the crap out of them and the whole senior year they thought I was going to sue them. I just never said anything and let them be scared the rest of the year.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just reading these posts increases my heart rate and makes my grit my teeth. I'm sure there are a million 'illegal' things you can think of, but I wonder what the legal posibilities are? By that I mean small claims court. As much as you want to give him an a*s kicking, $500-$1000 bucks out of his pocket may hurt more. 1. You reported it to the police. 2. You have a witness - your daughter. 3. You really have no motive to lie. 4. This guy is probably a scumbag, which a judge will see, and you are probably an upstanding professional.

Think Judge Judy. How much is a dry cleaning bill for the cloths that got hit by the fluid? How much is a professional interior cleaning since the fluid splashed inside you car? How much for the exterior detailing? You have reciepts for all this, right? Didn't you get a small scratch on the hood, right (Wink, wink)? Any Judge would likely be in your favor, and not question the bills just to teach this SOB a lesson. Oh yeah, and the Sherrif friend of yours may have some connection to the judge.

P.S. - Judge Judy is my hero.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm taking my daughter to school this morning here on a cold day in Tampa about 8:15 Tuesday morning when all of a sudden a truck coming from the opposite direction throws a MacDonald's drink on my car. The drink splatters all over the
windshield blocking my view for a moment until I got the washers on. I did a turn a round and chased the a-hole down only to think, I must be the nutty one.
I have my daughter in the car and I just went 90 mph to catch up w/ this ****
who must be a jealous s.o.b. I regained my composure got his tag number and took
her to school. He could of had a gun, been on drugs, and worst of all she saw all this happen. Why....b/c it's a nice car and he's jealous?

Thanks,
Mike

the reason stuff like this happens to vipers is because of websites like the "viper alley" and "smash my viper". these website really tarnish the image of the viper and make viper owners a target

i think these websites should be sued by DC and held legally accountable

Reaction score
FF...I storngly suggest that you NOT go there. Guns don't kill people...people kill people. What next....you actually think the guy in the beat'em up old dump truck hangs at the Alley and has it in for Viper Owners because of that site??? No...I think your agenda is clear. You wanna start crap with "them"....go over there, please.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather