What's is going at the Connor Assembly plant ?!

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s is going at the Connor Assembly plant ?!

Man , you dont get it do you , you need to go back to the other forum . If you think our cars look like a corvette , you really need to leave now. I am not going to get into how I think your car looks like a kit car made out of someones garage.

you obviously have no idea what a VIPER is, this is exactly what's wrong with the GENIII...

vipermansrt04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know all I need to know about vipers fact of the matter is that the gen 3 is far and away better then any other generation . The gen.4 will even be better. Not one person has evermistaken my car for a vette.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know all I need to know about vipers fact of the matter is that the gen 3 is far and away better then any other generation . The gen.4 will even be better. Not one person has evermistaken my car for a vette.

There is no question GM copied the GenIII. Everyone agrees to that so don't be offended if somebody makes the comparison.

And yes, the GenIII outperforms earlier Vipers in every catagory. But it isn't because of the cupholder or electric adjust pedals.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score

viperman,
Yes, my car is a "kit" car made out of my garage.

Since you know all you need to know about the car, join the VCA and hang around here a while.....

We all love the viper, and may not always agree on what year/GEN is the best, but we try to help out each other.

I know about the abilities of GEN 3, but I chose the GEN 2. My choice. I hope the GEN 4 does advance, but in the right ways.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i think there are some characteristics of the gen 3 that bear more than a passing resemblence to the '68-80's vettes, door handles for one, rear quarters and front fender profiles. lets face it there are very few truly orginal forms and designs they all derive inspiration from everthing that has come before them. like mentioned above the gen 3 is a better car than all previous gens of the viper and im guessing this evolution of the snake will continue.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

V10 or V8?

Could they be testing the Firepower V8 in the SRT/10? Same chassis.
Most sane thing I've read all day. Totally makes sense. :2tu:

It could be, but then again nobody knows yet what that McLaren tuned V10 sounds like and looks like internally speaking, maybe they massaged it enough to be more quiet (wasn't one of those new regulation demands that cars need to become more quiet?). And if it were a firepower V8 I have a hard time imagining that it would sound like it's sucking more air in (I can't imagine a usually more civilised Chrysler sounding this way, even in prototype stage?).
What I personally think this cóúld be a result of is the use of single throttlebodies like on the Carbon concept, plus a less restrictive intake system. I've been around 4 cylinder engines that went from injection system to tb's and they did sound a lot more throaty (read: sucking in more air) when comparing old vs. new situation.
King of questions to determine V8 or V10 would be: did the prototype you saw really sound a lot different from a regular V10? I know that the gen 3 engine doesn't sound all that different from a gen 1 or 2 based on sound clips I've heard when the drivers got into high rev ranges, and having had a ride in both a gen 2 GTS as well as an SRT-10.
I'm keeping my thoughts open to anything, but if it really didn't sound like anything you've heard before, I'm leaning towards something like the Carbon Concept V10 :eek:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Conner will shut down for a little over 4 months starting Sept 1st.

2008 SRT-10 production will start in early January 2007 and run until the summer of 2008.

Engine will be a 8.4L w/6-speed manual trans.

2008 models will not be Gen IV, but will have exterior cosmetic changes. Features and options will be almost identical to 2006 models. Same audio system, wheel sizes, side exhaust, 3.07 gears etc.

Gen IV "ZC" production will start in January 2009 (roadster) and July 2009 (coupe).

Firepower coupe is set to start production July '08, Firepower roadster January '09.

--Allpar--

Legitimate source cite please. Otherwise, please note that this is speculation drawn from various "5th-hand" srouces.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Conner will shut down for a little over 4 months starting Sept 1st.

2008 SRT-10 production will start in early January 2007 and run until the summer of 2008.

Engine will be a 8.4L w/6-speed manual trans.

2008 models will not be Gen IV, but will have exterior cosmetic changes. Features and options will be almost identical to 2006 models. Same audio system, wheel sizes, side exhaust, 3.07 gears etc.

Gen IV "ZC" production will start in January 2009 (roadster) and July 2009 (coupe).

Firepower coupe is set to start production July '08, Firepower roadster January '09.

--Allpar--

Legitimate source cite please. Otherwise, please note that this is speculation drawn from various "5th-hand" srouces.

Believe what you want, but this information is from insider sources on AllPar who have proven to be very reliable over the last few years. You're not going to find a citable DCX employee source on this kind of stuff due to the time advanced and company sensitive nature of the information.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score

i think there are some characteristics of the gen 3 that bear more than a passing resemblence to the '68-80's vettes, door handles for one, rear quarters and front fender profiles.

For me that is soooo true, it was my '68 side piped vert that I sold to buy my '05 Mamba. Performance aside for just one second and focusing only on the looks, I personally think the SRT is one of the BEST looking cars ever made.

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Question?

Why would they have to shut down CAAP for 4 months if the only change was the engine somewhat? Frame, body panels, trans, diff et al. Doesn't seem to make any sense to shut down if everything else is the same.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Question?

Why would they have to shut down CAAP for 4 months if the only change was the engine somewhat? Frame, body panels, trans, diff et al. Doesn't seem to make any sense to shut down if everything else is the same.

To get the Firepower stuff ready as well.