What's my 97 GTS worth?

andymo1972

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What\'s my 97 GTS worth?

I have a 97 GTS that just turned 20K miles, Corsa Exhaust, 3.55 gears, 5 pts (dr & pass), ss brake lines, titanium pistons, S&B filters, chrome smooth tubes, TNT side sill covers, magnecore wires/new plugs and 01 18" wheels/nearly new pilot sports. I also have an extra brand new set of pilots. I figure the car with everything listed should bring $43k...am I crazy?

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: What\'s my 97 GTS worth?

What color is it? I am assuming red. I do not know why you would no be able to get at least 45k. Man these cars are getting cheap.

OP
OP
A

andymo1972

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is red, and the paint is in great shape. Here are a couple pics...

You must be registered for see images

Stephen Yap

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the price is fair. So you're going to just make do with the blue NSX for now ?

OP
OP
A

andymo1972

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stephen - Yes, the new NSX is the reason for selling my GTS, where did you see that? I really didn't want to part with the Viper yet as it is an amazing car. But Acura's lease deal was too good to pass up..given that this car has been on my list to own for a while now. I got the color I wanted so I went for it. From what I'm told, I got the last Blue/Onyx NSX in the states so my timing was good.

I've got some time before I get desperate so I'll see what happens with my GTS...Andy.

Stephen Yap

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I saw it on nsxprime. I like the color of your new ride and would get that or yellow if given a choice. I used to have a 92 black but did the reverse, sold it and got the Viper. Still curious what they will do with the next gen car, hope they give it at least 400 hp and give it the Type R suspension treatment. The boulevard cruisers may find it too extreme but it will kick butt.

OP
OP
A

andymo1972

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FiskeGTS - $1599 due at signing (1st payment and security deposit). Worked out to be ~$1700 down with the tax. $799/month for 39 months, 7500 miles/year. Residual is ~$57k so I may be able to make some on the back end with the way they hold their value...worst case, i give it back. Oh yeah, .15/mile for any miles over which, considering the car, is pretty cheap miles if I happen to drive it a lot.

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well I know you viper owners aren't happy, but I am glad to see a viper gts coming in my price range. I love my z06, but when the new c6 comes out and a new z06, I will probably want a new car, I won't want to pay a premium for a c6, so was hoping to try out a viper gts for a while, looks like it will be possible with the prices.

Tim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant