Whats my TNT Super 555 worth???

tristan rizzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper mates,

Unfortunately I am in the position where I need to sell my 94 viper (13500 miles). Does anyone have any idea what my car is worth - all the mods were completed less than 200 miles ago??? It has the following :

TNT 555 Serpent package #18.
Engine is also balanced and blueprinted. (upgraded gaskets)
Upgraded pistons & con rods (stock compression)
Has 655 heads and headers
180 degree thermostate
Griffin Racing radiator and fans
Aluminum flywheel
Kevlar clutch
Roe pre-luber/ accumulator
Short throw shifter
Dana super 44 with 3:43 rear ratio
cross drilled rotors
Adjustable shocks (compression/rebound/height)
upgraded springs

The car dyno'd at over 530 rwhp on its initial break-in and should be capable of 580 rwhp (naturally). I hate to let it go, but I am getting orders over seas (AGAIN) and I need to let it go. Anyway thanks for your thoughts.....

Tristan

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait, the first link says the car has been in a major fender bender.

Mike

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tristan - If it does don't expect it anytime soon. I guess the true consensus is top dollar for upgrades is half their upgrades ( could be less but I heard something like this before on the boards ). Even with that you may get upper 30s to if seriously lucky low 40s. For us buyers, it is awesome. Unfortunately, it's the seller that gets reamed here.

OP
OP
T

tristan rizzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SSunburn
It is Black,.
Other than one paint nick in the passenger door it is perfect. No scratches in the front fascia or the rockers. If anyone knows someone who might be interested please let me know.

Tristan

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 94 with expensive mods is like having the big fancy house in a neighborhood of houses half the size of yours.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think $35 would be a steal for that car, a lot of stock 94's and 95s are bringing more than that. I think time is a big factor here, personally I think 40K would be good if you had time to wait on the right buyer. With summer and spring coming, I don't see a problem getting 40k for it.

Me personally, I would opt for your car for $40k vs same car bone stock for $35k (even if the stock car had less milage), and I am sure others think that way to.

Ed

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand but must say something I heard a while back. I heard someone saying that most people don't want a highly modified vehicle. not to say they won't, but most don't go into buying a Viper looking for 550 or 600hp.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if I necessarily believe that. I truely believe a lot of people here would jump on a Levin or Heffner built car in a heart beat over a stock, assuming the price was right.
I know as a buyer it would more and likely be cheaper to get a modded car this way. Yeah you have the guys who want a stock viper and the ones who want to do it themselves, but you also have the ones who want to buy one already done.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
It's funny, before I bought my Viper - I had to have one with ZERO mods. After having one for a year, my view is just the opposite. The Viper Tax that is added to mods and the fact that they bring only about 25% of their cost when you go to sell - being the reason. For many, including myself, the mod game started about 1 month after my purchase and its been ongoing ever since. I did not buy my Viper to put into a museum and hope for a huge return 20 years from now. I bought it to drive and to enjoy - and I can say that there is no better enjoyment than driving a Viper.

The big IF in this scenario is can you verify the quality of the work done to the Viper, was it maintained, and how beat on was it. If you can verify that high quality work was done, and it was meticulously maintained, you can pick up an awesome deal on a Viper that already has the mods that you would have added to to a stock Viper anyway!

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny, before I bought my Viper - I had to have one with ZERO mods. After having one for a year, my view is just the opposite. The Viper Tax that is added to mods and the fact that they bring only about 25% of their cost when you go to sell - being the reason. For many, including myself, the mod game started about 1 month after my purchase and its been ongoing ever since. I did not buy my Viper to put into a museum and hope for a huge return 20 years from now. I bought it to drive and to enjoy - and I can say that there is no better enjoyment than driving a Viper.

The big IF in this scenario is can you verify the quality of the work done to the Viper, was it maintained, and how beat on was it. If you can verify that high quality work was done, and it was meticulously maintained, you can pick up an awesome deal on a Viper that already has the mods that you would have added to to a stock Viper anyway!

Could not agree with ya more! Had the chance to pick up a 95 with 20k less miles (only 3000K) for $3000 less. Well needless to say I picked up the one with the after market goodies, and drove 1800 miles accross country to get it.

No regrets either, I wish a 95 with that milage and motor work was around when I was looking, I would have jumped on it in a minute for that price.

OP
OP
T

tristan rizzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So,
Is the best place to put the car in the Auto Trader - or in the for sale forum here??? Thanks for all your inputs. I think I will start by asking 40,000.

Tristan

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would put it on both. I have had tons of success with auto trader both buying and selling.

Good luck selling, sounds like a kick a$$ Gen I.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey tristan rizzi,
You're near myself and Chad. If you don't sell, maybe sometime in the next month or two we can do a drive along the beach. I am in Entprise and Chad is in Marianna. Close to PC.