What's your favorite Viper power thrill?

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What\'s your favorite Viper power thrill?

I know the Viper performs well in 0-60, 0-100 and the 1/4 mile. But in real-world driving what do you like to do to experience the car's power? When I'm giving rides or just playing around on the freeway, I've become fond of dropping it into 4th at 80 mph (I have 3.54 gears)and running it up to 120 or so. People are amazed that a car car pull like that at 80 mph.

Reaction score
Re: What\'s your favorite Viper power thrill?

LOL I don't know about fun John, but surly the biggest thrill I ever had was getting sideways unexpectedly when grabbing a gear. The next biggest thrill is watching the tach wind up like a tire gauge when accidently hitting 2nd gear instead of 4th after cranking out of 3rd. That one impressed the S$$T out of Garry on the Viper run last spring! None of these indiscretions are recommended. Practice. Practice. Practice. Been sideways lately?

Reaction score

Almost too many to list. When you hang around Sir Hiss things can get nuts in a hurry!

I would have to say one of the coolest though is me and a local bike racer riding late one night I goosed it a little got up to about 120 and he comes riding up beside me on a wheelie!!! It was very cool! The only thing closer would be the first time I hit the N2O holy s**t batman
You must be registered for see images
the car went completely out of control!!!

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For me it was at Road America. Coming out of turn #14 and hammering up the hill on the main straight, shifting to 4th, and keeping my right foot down until reason overrules adrenaline and ya gotta brake for turn #1! Love that track!

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This incredible analogy very accurately characterizes the sheer power attribute of the Viper (as copied from a previous post).

-----------------------------------------------

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

My biggest thrill isn't really speed, but when I decelerate and it ROARS like..hmm...no words....but anyways...it sounds real good going thru my modded exhust.

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My most memorable time driving a Viper was the first time. Dann (Southern Calif VCA)let me drive his 94 Red RT/10 from Venice Beach to his home in the valley. I was scared S#%t less. But then I just remembered, you MUST respect these cars and the power that is under the hood. I had a GREAT time driving Dann's Vipers in California and at VOI 5 in Vegas. I'll never forget it.

a.k.a. Thomas

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4