wheel balance

sn8kbyt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am having a hard time finding a shop in Long Island to properly balance my rear wheels. I've tried two places and it is still not right. I'm getting an annoying vibration in the seat between 80 and 100 mph. This is why I held off getting new tires because I knew I was going to have this problem.Need recommendation please.

C.B. 2002 FE

Vipera

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Isn't the speed limit 65 in NY??? Why are we traveling at those speeds young man!!
Logic would dictate that if it vibrates between 80 and 100...KEEP IT OVER 100mph!
:2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Marbren Tire
3216 Hunters Point Ave
Long Island City, NY 11101 Phone: (718) 784-0404 ask for Pete he'll hook you up. Great guy...Been going to them for years. Good luck

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Kevin at S&L Wheels, I believe the location is either Farmingdale or Babylon. He should be able to correct the balance. Phne is 631-491-4313.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If the places you are taking your car to are only spin balancing the tires, then that very well be the problem. I tried spin balancing some brand new BBS's with brand new tires and it was a no go. Crazy vibes at 70mph. Took it to a specialty shop with a Hunter Roadforce balancer and all was perfect! Sure, it's much more expensive, but it's exact! Click on the link to find a shop with a Hunter near you: http://www.gsp9700.com/pub/search/findgsp9700.cfm

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had similar problem when ever I take the GTS for service were the tech has to take the wheels off. I drive the car 20 miles to a Dodge dealer in Jupiter Fl because the tech is a nice old guy, and I come in early, he takes my car right in and I stand and talk Vipers with him while he’s doing the work, then I drive it home. But when ever he put the wheels back on he’ll use his trusty air gun and I’ll get that 80+mph vibration on the way home. When I get back to my shop, I’ll jack it up, loosen each wheel, and torque them back up in a star pattern, problem solved. Go figure

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more positive comment for the Hunter Road Force wheel balance, just make sure the operator knows what he is doing, just because he has the machine does not mean he is an expert with it. They also must have the correct adapter to mount the wheel.

A second issue is the ability to to match the tire to the wheel. If they find a bad tire (which is very possible) he should have the expertise to alleviate or fix the problem by matching.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21