Wheel Jacks and long term storage...

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good evening everyone! I did a search for this, and although I did find some information I wanted everyone that uses these to weigh in and tell my their opinion on these. I just built a new shop this last summer and now, sadly, it is time to put the Viper away for the winter. I was wanting to purchase a set of the roller wheel jacks and be able to tuck the car safely away in a corner of the shop. My specific question is will there be any long term damage/consequences for leaving these jacks on the wheels for the next few months? My dilemma would be if I get the car tucked clear into the corner I wouldn't be able to get jacks off on the side closest to the wall.

Also, what seems to be the general thought as to which brand/style is the best for this type of storage?

Thanks!

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good evening everyone! I did a search for this, and although I did find some information I wanted everyone that uses these to weigh in and tell my their opinion on these. I just built a new shop this last summer and now, sadly, it is time to put the Viper away for the winter. I was wanting to purchase a set of the roller wheel jacks and be able to tuck the car safely away in a corner of the shop. My specific question is will there be any long term damage/consequences for leaving these jacks on the wheels for the next few months? My dilemma would be if I get the car tucked clear into the corner I wouldn't be able to get jacks off on the side closest to the wall.

Also, what seems to be the general thought as to which brand/style is the best for this type of storage?

Thanks!

Just a crazy thought as I have no idea if this will work or not. Remeber those teflon disks you put under the furniture to slide around in? Would it be possible to put multiple ones under each tire and slide the car around?

OP
OP
B

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go Jacks Auto Positioning System 4500 lb.

Quantity in Basket: None
Code: UNI-4500
Price: $216.16

Shipping Weight: 42.00 pounds

Enter Instant Cash Back Code Here If Available: Quantity: GoJak Model 4500 SuperSlick

No. UNI-4500
GoJak Model 4500 SuperSlick

The Model 4500 has been developed for the race car industry.

Features:
Lifts and moves cars with tires as wide as 20 inches and up to 36 inches tall.
The unit will handle wheel weights of 1,125 lbs. (up to 4,500 lbs. with four units).
The twin rollers on each axle guide the tire smoothly up & over the axle support bar to lift wider tires.
It uses a bi-directional linear ratchet for the jack portion & has a 5-degree offset pedal angle for additional foot-to-tire clearance.

Not sure if the teflon disks would hold up on the concrete-I was thinking of something like what I have listed above. I was wondering if the contact rollers for the tires cause any adverse effects over a long term storage (three months) period...

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a crazy thought as I have no idea if this will work or not. Remeber those teflon disks you put under the furniture to slide around in? Would it be possible to put multiple ones under each tire and slide the car around?

I was hoping you were kidding...............Remember the car still is 3400 lbs.
maybe you could drink some of that green juice........lol

those disks are made to maybe move stuff thats weighs 200lbs. if that.

:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:
I'm still laughing about that question:lmao::lmao:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently got a set of 4500 GOJACKS from XVIPERS. They work great. The new, wider 4500 will easily accomodate wide tires. That was a problem with the other models.
That is a good question about long term storage. I am anxious to hear the answer to that question...
go_jack.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice GTS Treesnake!

Those are EXACTLY what I am thinking of getting-hopefully there is no long term detriment to using them. I would almost think that they would be better than just parked as they spread the contact point over two areas vs. just the one when it is parked...

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think TreeSnakes GTS is nice, you should see what is hanging over it...

Nice GTS Treesnake!

Those are EXACTLY what I am thinking of getting-hopefully there is no long term detriment to using them. I would almost think that they would be better than just parked as they spread the contact point over two areas vs. just the one when it is parked...

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The old style VIPER SKATES that Jon B sells would probably be better for long term storage as you can leave the car on them and they are rounded so they cradle the tire on about 25 % of teh tire, these jacks look like they would be good for moving the car around but I would not leave my car on them for extended periods or you will ruin your tires

OP
OP
B

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Nader-how's it goin?

I must have used your Moton Nitrogen pump several times since purchasing it from you-works like a charm! Thanks again for putting that kit together-it's definitely a must have if you have the Motons.

Now you've got me wondering what's upstairs from the GTS...

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that the two your other two vipers were above it... Either the gray or maybe the serpent.

Glad you like the adjustment kit. It really works well.

Hey Nader-how's it goin?

I must have used your Moton Nitrogen pump several times since purchasing it from you-works like a charm! Thanks again for putting that kit together-it's definitely a must have if you have the Motons.

Now you've got me wondering what's upstairs from the GTS...

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The old style VIPER SKATES that Jon B sells would probably be better for long term storage as you can leave the car on them and they are rounded so they cradle the tire on about 25 % of teh tire, these jacks look like they would be good for moving the car around but I would not leave my car on them for extended periods or you will ruin your tires

I second that recommendation. I'd be concerned that you would get two depressions at the pressure points. They would probably come out after the tire is driven; but, I'd like to hear from someone with experience with long-term results.

The rounded cradle type would distribute the load even better than having the tires sit on the floor.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that the two your other two vipers were above it... Either the gray or maybe the serpent.

Glad you like the adjustment kit. It really works well.

The cars have swapped places but you get the picture... The go Jacks work great.

Hey "Nader"... Got your Moton fill kit from XVIPERS. I haven't had a chance to mess with the settings on the shocks on the SS yet but your kit obviously has everything and anything I will need. Thanks
Garage_11-08_016.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of cool things in my life, but that is AWESOME!

You have a good line on the Go Jacks? I am looking for a lift for my new shop...