Wheelspin at last, yippee

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rascal
Could it be colder slippier roads? When my pilot sports are cold wheelspin is almost unavoidable but more difficult when they warm up after a couple of miles. My GTS is in hibernation at the moment so I can't vouch for it but my daily car tells me that the roads in the UK are really greasy and low on traction at the moment even when they're dry. Wait until March or April before becoming to optimistic.
smile.gif

PS are you going to Lemans in June?

OP
OP
J

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the restriction is not that great, and consists mainly of an easily removed baffle in the airbox ( which rascal has removed ). There are some ECU differences and the blessing of only two o2 sensors. THe ECU change is apparently a fuel related thing and power is about 15hp less ( I think ) once the restrictor is removed. The standard exhaust is just the same restrictive ill sounding piece of that the states have.

OP
OP
J

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rascal
That sound like a great offer, I'd be delighted to take you up on that. Hope to make it to some of the UK meets before Lemans so with any luck I'll meet you at one. It would be interesting to try our vipers (on a private road !!) side by side to see how they compare. Anyway, hope to see you in a few months, keep in touch.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in for a side by side one too, once my Beloved is a whole snake again (and some more)!!

Pulled a lot of bent bits off, just waiting for the air-con gas to be professionally emptied from the system, (until I can pull any more)...his chassis is very buckled, and its now apparent the engine has moved, "uh-oh"! But, we hope to be wheel spinning in 1, 2, and 3, again come the summer!
BURNOUT.gif

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read that first post and thought "What??". I have a lot more trouble keeping the tires from spinning than not. If I give it too much gas in 1st or 2nd with the clutch fully engage, I can smoke the tires all the way up the street.

Jerry

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Roads do vary. Las Vegas is like driving on ice compared to Phoenix.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old Rascal,

Just go to the Dyno (RWHP) to make sure you are getting 'All the Power', if one is available. Should be in the 400 RWHP ballpark.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the answer...let me have a drive
laugh.gif
BURNOUT.gif

...I could give you a careful woman drivers opinion, of just how yours feels?

Also, I have had to go a month now with no Viper drive, and it's killing me!

crying.gif
crying.gif

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rascal, the gaskets can have a noticable effect on power. In addition to leaking they usually shrink in such a way that they start blocking the intake ports. That happened to mine and after I replaced them the power increase was apparent. Not as dramatic as your situation, but noticable nonetheless.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old Rascal,

No problem. Go to a 1/4 mile track (is one available?), and after much practice you should be in the 115-120 MPH range. 1/4 mile 'time' has more to do with launch/shifting/driver skill. MPH is going to indicate how much HP you are making. If no 1/4 mile track is available, make you own.
laugh.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif