Where do you mount the Snakeoyl cruise control remote?

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a shop installing the system right now as I type this, but there doesn't seem to be a good place to mount the remote. In the picture on the snakeoyl web site it shows it mounted to the steering wheel, but even in that picture it looks like it's in the way.

You must be registered for see images

Where is the best, most usable OEM-like location for it?

thanks,
~Jay

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mounted mine in that location and it works pretty good. I have seen some guys Velcro it upside down on top of the steering column but I looked at that and it felt awkward for me when I tried to set the cruise. You'll get used to it in their recommended position, if you are left handed then put it on the lower left side of the steering wheel. Hope this helps. Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I had them install it as it is in the picture, it works out very well there. There is plenty of room and doesn't interfere with driving at all.

I drove for about 3 hours today and I absolutely love having cruise control! The new seat upholstery also made the drive a joy. It was a ton of money, but I'm very glad I did it.

~Jay

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had one in that same place for about a year now. You'll soon find that the velcro loses it's stickiness--especially in FL heat--and may fall off eventually. Since I don't use cruise control that often, I now just place it in the "cup holder" behind the gearshift and operate it from there. I stick it back in the center console when not in use.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It won't be eventually. The velcro will fail first hot day. Like you, I just keep it handy so I can set it and then put it aside. But it saves your leg and makes cruising soooo much better!

OP
OP
J

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went ahead and had them screw it to the steering wheel. At first I wasn't too keen on drilling holes in the car, but now I've decided as long as the holes are for something that will make me enjoy the car more and looks OEM, then I can live with them.

Yesterday we drove from LA to Monterey (about 6 hours), and the cruise control was wonderful! It worked nearly as well as the cruise control on my Lexus.

~Jay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang