Where should I go for stripes on the ACR?

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want flat black stripes on my all black ACR. A recommendation would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

OP
OP
P

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks! I dont think it can be done with a clear coat. I will find out for sure. If it cant then my idea is done.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike: Your plan for an ALL-BLACK car is my FANTASY come true~!!!! Good Luck with the stripes, man, that will look so BADASP!!!!! GREAT to have met you and your brother Sunday! ~juli

OP
OP
P

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Juli. It was very nice to meet you also. The flat/mat black stripes arent going to happen. You cant clear over them and the paint would be bumped up and not flat with the gloss black.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Juli. It was very nice to meet you also. The flat/mat black stripes arent going to happen. You cant clear over them and the paint would be bumped up and not flat with the gloss black.

Ah bummer...any other solutions? Your car looks totally MEAN the way it is actually! With tinting the windows and the dark tint on the headlamps, you'll truly have a one of a kind ACR! ENJOY it...glad your brother enjoys racing his...he's already gone thru a set of tires????? WOWWWW...! ~juli

Reaction score
Could you do a shiny thin stripe on the outside edges and then clear and smooth from there out? Basically clear over 1/2 of the flat to make it smooth.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you clear over flat paint which you would generally have flat paint on a basecoat without the clearcoat application you will get gloss unless someone has a flat clearcoat, Just leaving flat paint is terrible when you wash and wax your car.

Reaction score
There are flat paints out on the show cars lately and I'm sure we could source some for you if you need it. I do know it is hella expensive and hard to work with but really cool.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The applied stripes look really good too. You can take them off later and the ACR is still stock. Lots cheaper too. The Porsche dealers usually have good sources locally for that kind of work and its great quality since Porsche owners are as picky about their cars as Viper people. The GT3 RS has stripes and painted/powder coated wheels so lots of Porsche buyers that can't spend 190,000 for that car want those goodies on their Boxers, etc.

OP
OP
P

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im going to leave it as is for now. I spoke with several body shops and they all said the same thing. They will do it but arent sure if Im going to be happy with the results. They could leave the flat black not cleared but the cleaning and waxing would be a problem or they could try to put a flat clear just over the stripes and have it bump up a couple of mills. :(

Thanks for all the info and ideas!

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dude..that ***** looks bad ass..take it from a guy who loves black on a sport car..you can be anal as much as you want but black always shows little nicks and all the **** from the road..dont stripe it..trust me you will kick yourself later on.plus think about it this way..you are altering the cars value..the car came without stripes..maybe one day your car because of not stripping hat will be worth big bucks..everyone has stripes, there *** looking..lets be serious..sorry scott..i hate stripes..if you wanna stripe something, take a spray can and lets hit D's car up..

OP
OP
P

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only reason I was thinking about stripes was to differ my car from my brothers. I love all black. Every car I own is soild black with tinted windows. I will leave it factory except for gears and a shifter.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..that **** Looks Great On Old Cars...nooo Dont Kill The Look On Your Viper..throw Some Bad Ass I Forged Tims And Let That Beast Show Its Beauty..if You Want Her To Shine..stop By One Day At My House And Learn The Secrets:) My Black Is The ****zzzzzzzzz Brother..ask The Ny Crew..

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered the S63..I am in a heated arguement with the sales person..SOB just called me on his cell saying they made a mistake on the bill... Asking $10,000 more from what the original car is..I'm going there tomorrow hopefully to straighten it.out..******** dealers..they all ****

OP
OP
P

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a good realtionship with Ray Catena if you need any help. They have a good amount of AMG cars in stock.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!..Listen if you want your black to looks sick a few tips...Wash car and cover, wax her with Pinnacle Souvenar...Alittle expensive but worth every dollar..Also when you wash it, dry her with a leaf blower always..When waxing always go in motion of the car...Don't let anyone tell you circle application...Your car will look killer..it already does...Just one thign I don't like about the ACR, this is my opinion..The wheels...i think Dodge could have done a little better for a high end car like that..A nice set of Ifoged rims

OP
OP
P

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! I will keep it looking clean and keep the shiny side up at the track.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just one thign I don't like about the ACR, this is my opinion..The wheels...i think Dodge could have done a little better for a high end car like that..A nice set of Ifoged rims

Iforged are much heavier. The sidewinder wheels on the ACR are 30 lbs. lighter! MAJOR difference on a race track.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang