Where to buy a Paxton?

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So where did all you paxton guys buy yours? Who has the best prices? I know i should probably get my car down to DLM but being up in Vancouver makes it a bit difficult unless I ship it. Anyways, lets hear it.

Nico

DOLRBIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is definitly worth shipping to DLM.
Once you have you will be thankful you did.
Good Luck

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might wish to consider Dan Cragin at DC Performance in LA.

Don't believe anyone has installed more Paxtons or has a better relationship with Paxton Development.

He has an in-house dyno for testing and tuning. Either ship it down or stop in before or after VOI in Vegas. Spend a few days vacationing in Southern California, and drive it back home with a big grin on your face.

Have him go over your Viper at the same time, changing all your fluids, change your plugs, and generally get it refreshed.

Having the Corsa Track exhaust will get you and additional + 40 HP. combined with the Paxton. It was just a little too loud and droney for me, so I installed a couple Vortex cones, and now it is perfect.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to take business away from Dan, but Mike Adams (reputable dealer of viper parts) is in Canada... I'm not sure how that exchange rate thing works. But Dan may be closer than Mike. Not sure.

Now the part that other people won't like (and this is the pure consumer in me):

If you are going to install it yourself (aka: you are looking to buy on price alone and NOT on the spectacular service of the reputable viper/paxton installers), then I'd take a whole different approach: the internet has made "dealers" more accessible than ever. Call up _any_ paxton dealer and see who is willing to make a deal with you. dealer cost (aka: dealer buy price) is pretty much the same across the board.... so call a dealership that doesn't normally sell a viper paxton kit and you'll probably be able to negotiate cost +10% or better. Cost +3% doesn't make much sense due to credit card costs, but you can probably find someone who is willing to take the 10pts just b/c it is business they wouldn't have had otherwise.

Dealer "buy" price isn't a big mystery. Most people know or can easily find out what the dealer "buy" price is on just about anything. On a paxton, i'm willing to bet it is 15-25pts. so do the math. Velocity performance in TX has been rumored to sell the paxton kit installed for 7.5k (or maybe 8k). I think someone once posted they got the kit for 6.8k or less. It is all the same game in the retail market...

Same reason that when I just bought my AEM, I called a "reputable" dealer who happened to have one in stock. But their bottom-line price was $500 above what I knew I could get it locally for. I had one the next day for less than the make-you-feel-guilty-because-i'm-dropping-my-pants-for-you-to-make-you-think-you-get-a-good-price deal.

Rephrased for the last time: product resale (whether car parts or otherwise) is the same game. If you are buying on price and not value, then shop around.

I don't buy everything from JonB b/c he is the cheapest... he has the best service. I'm willing to pay for that. many other things, i shop on price.

my .02... flame away!

JD

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
by the looks of your sig and the cars you own, it wouldnt seem that a few extra dollars is going to hurt you for shipping. that being said.

I would send the car down to miami and let Doug work his magic. I will be dropping off my 06 coupe in a few days at DLM for a paxton, kw suspension, wheels and tires.

my boy Rick will be picking his up(he has a full blown stage 4, lucky sob) cant wait to go for a ride rick and see what a thousand ponies feels like.

ship the car to DLM, then fly down and drive it back. maybe spend a few days on south beach. it's beautiful weather right now.

good luck with whom ever you go with. just remember quality up front and you won't have to worry in the end.
out of all the tuners, Doug was my choice and thats not just because he lives with in driving distance of me. I chose DLM because of the solid reputation and s/c vipers he has built over the many years.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I shipped my car to DLM why shouldn't you ;) Really, you can purchase a kit from Doug and his customer service is excellent.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Doug has really helped me out alot with my Paxton. What a great guy!!!

He knows his paxtons inside out. And sideways.

You cant go wrong with DLM.

vd..

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just another though to keep others from going through this.

If you order your new or used car through dealers such as Woodhouse (great guys) they can install performance upgrade before they even ship the car to you. This way you can get the Viper just the way you want it without adding it later.

Know they install Paxtons and other performance and handling upgrades. Company owner, Bob Woodhouse races his own Viper in Viper Racing League, so has practical knowledge on what modifications really work.

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thats what i was thinking about having done but i'm afraid of the extreme cost of labor at dealerships.. anybody have experience with woodhouse and paxtons?? I've heard its a great dealer though..

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt purchase my new coupe from woodhouse because i didnt know of them. though now that i do and have met both Bill Pemberton and Bob Woodhouse personally. That is exactly what i would have done. I would have bought my new coupe with the paxton and suspension already installed directly from them and have them ship it to me or drive it home like floridachris did.

You will not be overcharged at woodhouse what so ever. they run right about the same exact price as any other good tuner. plus you get the extra benefit of the full waranty and knowing if you had any problems that I'm sure Bill would take care of it with out hassle.

I would highly recommend anyone to woodhouse for a viper or any other car for that matter(that they sell) plus they are real race car drivers and owners and know their stuff.

Bob Woodhouse is one heck of a great driver and really nice guy.

Thank you very much to both of you for setting up the last racing school event in vegas and inviting me. Me and my friend had a great time. I'm looking forward to next year already. maybe this time i can keep up with you guys.

I am very impressed with the kindness and quality both of these fine gentleman represent. I am sure you will find many on this board that will say the same.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are willing to take the car to FL, DLM pioneered the SRT SC systems out there. Call him and have a brief conversation... you'll be convinced. I have been a fan of DLM since my car got the 1st treatment in 2000... and it has been back for many more. 965rwhp last we dynod it as a SC car... i and i couldn't be happier!

JD

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are willing to take the car to FL, DLM pioneered the SRT SC systems out there. Call him and have a brief conversation... you'll be convinced. I have been a fan of DLM since my car got the 1st treatment in 2000... and it has been back for many more. 965rwhp last we dynod it as a SC car... i and i couldn't be happier!

JD

damm you :needpics:

vd.. :headbang:

shortybighead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my 05' back from Woodhouse a little more than 6 or 7 weeks ago. I have to say that I am very satisfied with the whole experience. From the telephone conversations with Mark Jorgensen to the delivery, everything was very professional. If I had any questions during or after hours, Mark was there to answer them. I had them do the basic Paxton bolt on, the Race Logic, and a few other things. Unfortunately there are not alot of shops close by that know what they are doing when it comes to our cars and Woodhouse was the one everyone seem to boast and brag about, so I gave them a shot, and I see why. Nothing but praise for Woodhouse!!

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So if they install the paxton the warranty will still be in place then on the vehicle?? This is huge for me.. I would definately get it done by them if thats the case... if you don't mind me asking how does the racelogic unit gel with your paxton? Do you find that it really help give you traction and continually pull through the powerband at more power then stock (that is if ever felt stock)?