Where to get new headlights?

Bowtie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I am looking for new headlights for my 1995 R/T. Orginals are repaired poorly at somepoint during accident.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Couple of different places you could look. Don Scharf and X2 Buliders are both salvage yards. They might not be new, but some might be just as good. Viper Parts Rack America (Jon B bought all the old VPA stock) would be the first place I would check for new though. Last option would just be a simple Google search for the part number. If it's still an active part number any dealer could carry it and there are several that specialize in online ordering.

WHY U TRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of different places you could look. Don Scharf and X2 Buliders are both salvage yards. They might not be new, but some might be just as good. Viper Parts Rack America (Jon B bought all the old VPA stock) would be the first place I would check for new though. Last option would just be a simple Google search for the part number. If it's still an active part number any dealer could carry it and there are several that specialize in online ordering.

Thank you for the website. I just wrote VPRA hoping they have a passenger side 2000 headlight. Mine is getting foggy these days so I'd like to replace it if I can find one.

wkooiman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what it costs to "tool up" for this, but it seems like there's a good market. My 98 has foggy lenses, and I'd gladly pay for new headlights. Good luck finding them, though.

I plan on taking them apart eventually to polish inside and out. I'm afraid of screwing it up worse, though.

WHY U TRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what it costs to "tool up" for this, but it seems like there's a good market. My 98 has foggy lenses, and I'd gladly pay for new headlights. Good luck finding them, though.

I plan on taking them apart eventually to polish inside and out. I'm afraid of screwing it up worse, though.

At this point I’d buy a pair of new ones if someone could figure out how to run a batch of OEM ones. Would be a good market since don’t Gen 1 & 2 use the same headlights?

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if just making a new plastic lens that would have to be bonded onto the bucket would keep costs down and sales up.

We can dream about having them made in glass! haha