Where to get White Stripes to fix my baby?

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this must be a record. After owning my baby for less than a day, I managed to give her a boo boo. :(

On my way back from Louisiana the weather was total [******]. It rained from the time I started my drive back home to PA and pretty much never stopped precipitating. I say precipitating because the rain changed over to sleet and freezing rain around Tennessee and that changed over to Snow around Roanoke Va. I made it to Carlisle PA and was about 100 miles away from home. I had to pull off the interstate while it was snowing and get gas. I was eager to get home and get done with my 20some hour drive home. While I pulled onto the offramp I was slowing down and for no reason my car just started a 360 spin, at about 90 degrees my car hit the gaurd rail head on and continued the other 270 degrees. I was going about 20mph. When it was all over i ended up parallel to the guard rail. The only damage I did was scraped the front facia and took the one white stripe down to the blue paint. I was mad, but I knew I probably would have continued my way home if that didn't happen and that was God telling me to stop there or I would have done more damage to my car and myself.

So now I need about 3 feet of white stripe and a good paint shop to fix her. Any suggestions? Can I just get someone to fix the stripe with paint? I will post some pictures tomorrow when I take them. Thank you.

Also, what is a good estimate on what it would be to sand and repaint my whole front bumper? Thanks.

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also curious about where to get these. I want to repaint my front bumper due to rock chips. Their not bad, but I was thinking of doing the 3M clear bra and wanted the bumper perfect before it went on.

I'm sure a body shop could match the paint, but I don't want the stipe painted when the rest is vinyl. For the stripe to be a perfect match does it have to be factory? The stip is silver.

Bill

OP
OP
A

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, I am afraid if I put a new stripe on, the stripe on the hood is like 8 years old and might be faded a little. I want the color to be PERFECT! Will the new stripe match it well? I'm sure many people had this done before.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are in Pa, there is a guy in New Jersey that has a great reputation, his name escapes me for the moment but others may recall, I know Bill Pemberton from Woodhouse knows him. And we have a guy here in Maryland that does incredible tape work, looks just like paint. His name on the board is 1meansnake.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you from, you said you were about 100 miles from home in Carlisle. The white I would think would be easy to match, most Vipers don't sit outside 24/7 so the fading shouldn't be an issue on the white.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this must be a record. After owning my baby for less than a day, I managed to give her a boo boo. :(

On my way back from Louisiana the weather was total [******]. It rained from the time I started my drive back home to PA and pretty much never stopped precipitating. I say precipitating because the rain changed over to sleet and freezing rain around Tennessee and that changed over to Snow around Roanoke Va. I made it to Carlisle PA and was about 100 miles away from home. I had to pull off the interstate while it was snowing and get gas. I was eager to get home and get done with my 20some hour drive home. While I pulled onto the offramp I was slowing down and for no reason my car just started a 360 spin, at about 90 degrees my car hit the gaurd rail head on and continued the other 270 degrees. I was going about 20mph. When it was all over i ended up parallel to the guard rail. The only damage I did was scraped the front facia and took the one white stripe down to the blue paint. I was mad, but I knew I probably would have continued my way home if that didn't happen and that was God telling me to stop there or I would have done more damage to my car and myself.

So now I need about 3 feet of white stripe and a good paint shop to fix her. Any suggestions? Can I just get someone to fix the stripe with paint? I will post some pictures tomorrow when I take them. Thank you.

Also, what is a good estimate on what it would be to sand and repaint my whole front bumper? Thanks.

Sorry to hear about that. I bet it is not a record as I have heard many horror stories from new owners thinking hit the gas with the wheel turned, I can correct the spin. They suddenly realize they can not, and this is usually on dry pavement. I bought mine from WI in December and put it on a trailer.

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my front facia replaced and repainted when I hit a dog going to work (the dog lived believe it or not). The factory red was an easy match, but they had to color match the silver. A good paint shop will make sure the colors match, regardless of age, so you should be ok. My car is a 98 with 45,000 miles at the time of the accident, so she is no garage queen. The cost of the job (including labor to remove and replace) was around $500. If you took it off and brought it in, you might get away with around $300-$400.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a Viper owner up your way with a body shop, he has done some work for a few of the guys here in the Harrisburg area, (Ed, Lauri for sure). His name is Dan, (Dans Auto Body). Maybe Ed can hook you up.

OP
OP
A

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uht ooo, better get Maaco!

Lol?

I was thinking about them. They painted another car of mine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness