which 18s tires?

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have tried the search, but not with the results I was hoping for.

The question is:

I now run 18s wheels with 345/30/18 on the back (pilot sport cup)

I do need new tires, but can't find ANY tire in the same size as above, expect Drag radials and Drag racing is not really what I do.

So I want to know what other tire size I can take (335/30/18) or (335/35/18)?

And then, what type of tire do people recommend for streetdriving with a visit to a track once in a while?

I live in the Netherlands, and can't find ANY company where I can buy tires in those sizes... **** me.. :mad:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Jon B at Partsrack.

Personally I like the PS2's. I have had great success with track day performance and they are awesome for driving around town. They last longer but are more expensive then some competitors. I have also heard great things about the Kumhos. Believe the size is 335 30.

Reaction score
The factory size is 335/30-18 assuming you are running the original or original-sized Viper rims, in which case there are a few options including:

Pirelli P-Zero Rosso
Michelin PS2
Kumho Ecsta (race tire not unlike the Pilot Cup)
BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW

The PS2 is the factory-recommended tire (the Viper has always been shod with Michelin exclusively) and is also competent for the occasional track use, while be designed mainly for the street. There are also good user reviews on the Goodrich KDW, which would be one of your least expensive options - at least here in the states. Let us know how it goes!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you also run 335 tires and no 345?

I only want to be they will fit my rims.

Love the way toyo R888 looks, but also like the BFgoodridge tires.:cool:

yeh I run 335's in the back.

I get them from Jonb.:2tu: He also sells 'gently used' haha ones too if you want to try them out.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Nitto Drag radials in 335/30/18 on my stock rims. They don't hook quite as good as the MT drag radials in a 1/4 mile drag race but they still hook better than a regular street tire. They also DO NOT cause the rear end sway that the MTs and BFGs cause.

I used them on a 2 hours cruise thru Mexico a few weeks ago and pushed them pretty hard thru the twisties. They handled really well. I think they are a great compromise for all round street driving (Roe powered 660 rwhp car). ;)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
depends on what you wanna do with your car but i love the PS2's. they are perfect for what i need.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
............The question is:

I now run 18s wheels with 345/30/18 on the back (pilot sport cup). I do need new tires, but can't find ANY tire in the same size as above, expect Drag radials and Drag racing is not really what I do.

So I want to know what other tire size I can take (335/30/18) or (335/35/18)?

And then, what type of tire do people recommend for streetdriving with a visit to a track once in a while?

You did NOT say the year of your Viper..... the 335-30 rear vs 335-35 vs 345-35-rear matters most on Gen 3-4, but can be balanced with an appropriate fronts.

I bet your rear Cups are OLD...they've been discontinued in that size for quite a while.

Some good answers above, but a large contingent of knowledgable folks would NEVER recommend Drag Radials rear, for track use; and you even say you DONT want to do that. They can be downright UNSAFE in cornering or emergency situations. So go with your gut, and dont. They are designed for Straight-line performance...not many long, straight-lines in your neigbborhood ! [Rip V lived there, right?]

Kumho makes a V-700 option that most closely 'resembles' the Cups you have now.
Good for street and track, but not great when wet. Low cost, but soft. Shorter life. Michelin PS-2 s will certainly fit the bill for all-around, excellent wet or dry, and are rated top, or near-top in all the performace tests done by USA car mags and test facilities like TireRack. $$ per mile, PS2 are a good value with top performance.

Those tests also show the BFG as a low-rated option for performance, but they are a cheap option. If the budget decides, not performance, then do BFG. {virtually anything new is going to ride and handle better and safer than old, hard tires.}

For track you could consider the 345-35-18 rear, with a 305-30-18 front in a Kumho track tire, but NOT a good street option even tho DOT rated. (DOT meaningless overseas/Netherlands anyway. Almost a pure slick.)

Toyos are a good street/track option as Leslie noted.....

So, get back on the road, on 4 MATCHING tires, nice and sticky.....

Last edited:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my BFG KDWs on my GTS but I don't plan on tracking my car. I paid $1,040 mounted and balanced after a $60 reabte offer that has since expired.

I haven't had them all that long but they ride great and I get compliments on how good they look. They kinda go with the whole Snake theme...

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21