Which Cylinder heads are the best?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg got my heads to flow 315cfm Intake, 230cfm Exhaust. I think it took 3 months to get my heads back but I was in no rush and I gave Greg the OK to put a couple of priority customers ahead of me. He was great to work with, great deal of knowlege. I couldn't be happier with the experience. FWIW, I bought a spare set of used heads and sent them to Greg. This allowed me to drive my Viper until the works of art showed up later. :)

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GG is worth the wait IMO. He got my Gen 3 castings flowing...well...better than any other stock casting I've seen. Even better than the Stryker numbers I've seen.

Ned Erkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jack,

What was your problem?

I have seen:

-Rockers installed bashing the baffles until they broke into pieces and fell into the engine
-Cam profiles/Port Jobs that are just plain untunable
-Multiple head chambers/ports with porting that later punched through to the water jacket
-Stripped out/missing header bolts

The list goes on...

Final GTS,

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to clarify a few facts about Rolling Thunderz Viper cylinder heads.

First, I think it is important for you and the viewers of this forum to understand that the Viper heads you are referecing on this thread are not Rolling Thunderz heads.

When this unfortunate matter that you presented here was first brought to our attention, we inspected the faulty Viper heads from this Gen 2 Viper and proved that they were not the original Rolling Thunderz heads that we installed. We clearly proved that the original Rolling Thunderz heads were actually stolen from this Viper and replaced with another set of ported Viper cylinder heads. This a fact that you can verifiy with the Viper owner, who you know.

It is also important for you to lnow that our custom valve-train will not work with stock ported heads, which is why you experienced problems trying to tune this Viper.

Furthermore, once this fact was established the Viper owner wanted another set of Rolling Thunderz Viper cylinder heads, so we sold him a second set to replace our stolen Viper heads. Just another fact that can be verified by the Viper owner and proof positive that our cylinder heads are a quality product that is in demand.

BTR
In reference to BTR heads, BTR used Rolling Thunderz Viper heads and custom designed camshaft to establish a Viper racing record in 2003 for fastest nitrous oxide injected Viper, which was a 9.8 second ET at 143 MPH. This was later improved to a 9.6 ET at 149 mph. Much credit goes to Tom for his nitrous tuning and expert drag racing skillls.

Once BTR verified the high quality of our cylinder heads by conducting tests on his own Viper he decided to sell our Viper heads as a BTR head and I supplied the images of the Rolling Thunderz Viper heads and flow data that are still displayed on the BTR web site. Since then our ongoing development work on Viper heads has provided dramatic improvements over what we supplied to BTR over 10 years ago.

BEST HEADS
As for who develops the best Viper cylinder heads, the quality of the head is not easily established by flow bench numbers or cosmetics, it is the wet flow/fuel flow characteristics of the head which are most important and not easily identifiable. Ulitmately, the actual performance of the cylinder head, as it operates dynamically on the engine, is what is most important for delivering and determining the best performance.

This is why I created the American Supercar Challenge drag racing series for Vipers and Corvettes, to demonstrate the actual performance of these supercars. So I set up races in Lousianna, Georgia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Maryland and Canada. It is also important to mention that Viper Club of America forum members were invited to attend these races to demonstrate the actual performance of their Vipers.

After this race series operated from 2003 to 2006 the record for the fastest nitrous oxide injected Viper was established with Rolling Thunderz cylinder Viper heads, which as you now know was BTR. The record for the fastest naturally aspirated Viper was established with Rolling Thunderz Viper cylinder heads where a Gen 2 Viper produced an 11.1 second ET at 129 MPH, with a stock Gen 2 Viper short block and stock ACR wheels and DOT radial tires. In fact, most of our Gen 2 Phase 4 Vipers run 11.2 second ET’s at 128 MPH with stock wheels and Michelin pilots. This performance is faster than many “street legal” supercharged Vipers and can be verified at the bottom of this race record page: http://www.racesupercars.com/racerecords.html

GEN 2 HEADS
The 11.1 second ET at 129 MPH is also clearly demonstrated in the following link which includes the actual time ticket where the Rolling Thunderz Gen 2 Viper outperforms two other Gen 2 Vipers by 1 full second elapsed time and 10 MPH in speed, naturally aspirated. This is how we measure the performance of our Phase 4 Viper heads, in actual race competition against other Vipers.

In fact, many “street legal” Vipers and Vettes that are listed as the fastest in Dragtimes are equipped with Rolling Thunderz cylinder heads wiith no mention about our heads and we respect the fact that racers and race teams want confidentiality.

GEN 3 HEADS
As for the actual performance of Rolling Thunderz heads, Rolling Thinderz latest cylinder head development work resulted with a SRT 10 Viper truck producing 541 RWHP on our Mustang dyno, which is over 670 hp at the engine with stock pistons, stock rods, stock crank, stock rockers. This truck then proceeded to drive over 2500 miles from Toronto Canada to Seattle Washington where I received a call from the owner who advised that a new Z06 Corvette got left behind by our SRT/10 Viper truck on the highway and that the Vette owner was shocked by the performance of our Viper truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCYnB9H44cM

GEN 4 HEADS
Rolling Thunderz also recently modified Gen 4 Viper cylinder heads and Gen 4 lower intake manifold to power a Gen 3, 2006 Viper engine. This engine “only” produced just over 570 rwhp / 700+ engine HP during initial testing as the stock clutch failed to hold the power. Further development produced well over 600 rwhp with a race clutch. We now have the knowledge and ability to develop a Generation 3 Viper engine with Gen 4 heads to produce over 800 hp at the crank, naturally aspirated with good driveability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqI7O590Myo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVpf1-AMfYs

FLOW DATA
If cylinder head intake airflow information is required please see the following:

Gen 2 head intake flow 315+ cfm – 650+ hp capable engine hp
Gen 3 head intake flow 327+ cfm – 700+ hp capable engine hp
Gen 4 head intake flow 359+ cfm – 800+ hp capable engine hp

We produce these heads within a one week turn around time.

In summary, Rolling Thunderz has been very successfully in modifying some of the worlds best performing Viper engines during the past decade and setting race records in both drag competition and road racing competiton where our Viper GT3 race engines have won pole positions, set lap records and won races for international race teams.

It is important for me to emphasis that this post is not intended to be a promotion for Rolling Thunderz, as we are not a forum sponsor, yet. It is intended to be a clarification of facts about Rolling Thunderz Performance Enhanced Viper cylinder heads that restores our rightful reputation.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to present these facts.

Ned Erkman

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jeez thats a whole lotta hot air for not being an advertisement...lol

im not buying this statement...
In fact, most of our Gen 2 Phase 4 Vipers run 11.2 second ET’s at 128 MPH with stock wheels and Michelin pilots. This performance is faster than many “street legal” supercharged Vipers

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"It is important for me to emphasis that this post is not intended to be a promotion for Rolling Thunderz, as we are not a forum sponsor, yet. It is intended to be a clarification of facts about Rolling Thunderz Performance Enhanced Viper cylinder heads that restores our rightful reputation.

Ned Erkman"

I am in Dan's court (Final GTS) I personally had huge problems and a series of lies from Rolling Thunderz, in addition, Tom Welch (BTR) told me he had similar problems. In my opinion, they don't know how to "present the facts" honestly.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the flow numbers are so great on a gen IV why not throw them on a gen 2? Is it even possible

It is possible but there's other things that you are required to change as well. (Headers, intake, electronics, etc..) People have throw Gen 3 heads on a Gen 2 and Gen 4 heads on a Gen 3. Don't know if anyone has done Gen 4 on a Gen 2 yet though. I do know someone that is planning it though.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ned-

You and I both know there is more to the stories than you are telling, and/or other instances that you are ignoring, or maybe dont even know about. I am aware of multiple people who have had issues, a couple of them local, and one of them right in this thread. The fact remains, every single Viper you guys have touched that I have seen personally is a basket-case in some way, and I have also heard of a number of other problematic examples that I have no first hand experience with. Please do not try and act like you have a stellar reputation; all I used to do is sweep up the messes from all of the shops in Ontario when I dealt with the canadian club.

If you have straightened out the way you build cars since then, more power to you. I deal with very few Canadians these days, so I cannot comment on anything over the last year or so, but the older packages and builds were very problematic, and lacked quality and attention to detail from whoever did the assembly.

Last edited:

Ned Erkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ned-

You and I both know there is more to the stories than you are telling, and/or other instances that you are ignoring, or maybe dont even know about. I am aware of multiple people who have had issues, a couple of them local, and one of them right in this thread. The fact remains, every single Viper you guys have touched that I have seen personally is a basket-case in some way, and I have also heard of a number of other problematic examples that I have no first hand experience with. Please do not try and act like you have a stellar reputation; all I used to do is sweep up the messes from all of the shops in Ontario when I dealt with the canadian club.

If you have straightened out the way you build cars since then, more power to you. I deal with very few Canadians these days, so I cannot comment on anything over the last year or so, but the older packages and builds were very problematic, and lacked quality and attention to detail from whoever did the assembly.

Thank you for the commentary that you have presented, I have a much better understanding about your lack of knowledge and your misinterpretation of details.

Now please allow me to give you a Neducation about your unwarranted and inaccurate statements.

I believe that people who make false accusations and inaccurate statements about other peoples businesses need to present some facts, especially if the intent is malicious, slanderous and insulting.

In cases like this my line of logic is to provide an education so that lessons can be learned in an effort to prevent mistakes like this from being repeated again. If the education does not provide a lesson for you to learn a few relevant facts, then at least other viewers on this forum will have the opportunity to evaluate the information that I provided so that they can make up there own minds about the subject matter that you initiated and distributed onto this forum.

It is obvious that you do not know what we do or understand the magnitude of our capabilities, so let me explain that we design, develop and build competition racing engines that set records and win races.

Our business was initiated after a NHRA drag racing event that we competed in, at the Dallas Motorplex in 1991, as my partner Serge was the crew chief for an NHRA Pro Stock team that toured the NHRA Pro Stock circuit and he was involved with the development and building of NHRA Pro Stock engines. I think it is important for you to understand that NHRA Pro Stock has the highest level of engine technology for Mopar, Chevy and Ford engines.

We have also been in business for 18 years and we build Mopar, Ford and Chevy engines that deliver race winning performances in actual race competition. Now since we are on a Viper forum let’s just deal with some of the more relevant Mopar engines. We currently have three Mopar R3 blocks that are under construction, which are small block Mopar LA race engines blocks, if you can find one. We currently have a record for fastest nitrous oxide injected 340 Duster, an A body Duster that ran a 7.8 second quarter mile time with my ported W7 Mopar heads. I have a video of this orange Duster, which is on our web site running an 8.0 second ET from one side of the drag strip to the other. In effect, it travels more than a quarter mile to run the 8.0 ET.

The 2nd R3 block engine is being developed for a Procharger F2 blower that is expected to make over 2000 hp, if the block is capable. Last year we developed a small block Ford engine that made over 1800 hp and we know that this Mopar W8 head that we developed with intake flow at 408 cfm and exhaust flow at 324 cfm will make more power than the Ford we developed previously. The 3rd R3 block is being developed for a set of W9RP heads that I had specially machined at Chapman racing to accommodate a 2.30 intake valve diameter. These heads are currently developed by me to flow 458 cfm through the intake port and the development work is not yet completed. We expect to produce over 1000 hp, naturally aspirated, with this small block Mopar race engine.

I won’t mention the four 440 engines and the B engines that we are currently building since the small block LA engines are the only engines from the LA engine family, which is what the Viper motor is based on. We were very humored when we first saw the 340 connecting rods that were installed in the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Viper engines by Dodge, since we have been playing with these since the 1970’s.

So my point is that we build competition Mopar LA racing engines that are at the leading edge of race technology and the Viper engine is based on the small block Mopar LA engine family.

Now in reference to our Viper engines, it is important for you to understand that I have videos of our Viper engines running very well on youtube and documentation of great track times on our web site. So we have facts that clearly demonstrate the great performance of our Viper engines after we modify the engines. The key phrase is “after we modify the engines”.

In reference to your remarks about fixing our engines, you have fixed nothing that I know of since those heads and engines have come back to us for extensive repairs after they were at your facility. This is something that you obviously do not know, which is why we are continuing with this lengthy education. The fact is these heads were returned to us after they went to your facility, so who fixed what? We fixed heads that were extensively damaged, requiring all new valve train components and we certainly did not cause this damage.

Now let’s go back to the key phrase “after we modify the engine”. Unfortunately, some of our customers decide to have other tuners work on their Vipers after we set the engine up and almost always the engines have some sort of failure. Then they decide to get yet another engine builder involved to rebuild the engines and machine the heads and in some cases when other shops know that it is a RT head, they decide to re port our heads to claim that they did the porting work, in a futile effort to make the Viper run faster.

So the fact is that at least two Vipers that you think had our head work did not have our product, at least not in the condition that we developed. You worked on Vipers that had heads modified by someone else and assembled by someone else.

Simple logic dictates that Vipers which deliver exceptional performance, as documented by many facts, on my web site and on youtube do not have the problems that you are outlining here.

Viper engine work that you are referencing does not set performance records which we have the proven reputation to deliver. Our work is really technologically advanced and most tuners are unable to re-install our valve-train components, since it is very different from stock. Then our camshafts get the blame, the same camshafts that set track records with no engine problems are now determined to be a problem. Where is the logic? Who is actually qualified to make this assessment?

This is why I am generating this lengthy correspondence, so that Viper owners who read these ridiculous remarks, made by people like you; need to better evaluate the hard cold Viper facts. The people they are going to get our engines re modified by are not delivering better performance than what we provide. These engines continue to sustain failures after work is performed at other shops and the shop blame game is to always blame someone else. The logic in this is to obviously make money, tell a tall tale and charge the customer a lot of money and tell them that much work had to be performed to fix our engine. The same Viper engine that originally delivered the best performance is now a big problem. Where is the logic in this?

The fact is that I have numerous correspondences from proud Viper owners sent to me to advise of track records being set with our Viper engine modifications, international races being won with our Gen 3 engines and how our Gen 2 Viper Phase 4 engine modifications out perform the new Gen 4 Vipers on the track. So I think it is important to present these facts which are never mentioned. Why not look at the youtube videos and our web site to see the performance that we really deliver.

The fact is that there are tuners and engine builders that try to build Viper engines that make big mistakes, we see this all the time and two of the craziest problems that we witnessed were from Vipers that attended your facility, but we are not blaming you for the problems.

We are not playing the blame game, just establishing logical facts, which dictate that you can not deliver great performance, as we do, with bad engine modifications. That’s just a simple fact of V10 Viper life.

In conclusion, we developed cylinder head modifications and custom camshafts for Viper engines that provided outstanding performance. Then other shop owners claim that they can deliver better performance and claim to know better and they proceed to ruin our customer’s engines. These engines are no longer equipped with our product, so stop trying to blame us for these failures.

We all see that it is easy to be critical when watching presidential politics. So when people play politics in our business I want to know where are the facts to support these claims of being able to provide better performance than what we do for naturally aspirated Viper engines.

Who has a Gen 2 Viper engine that runs 11.1 sec ET’s at 129 mph with a stock crank rods and pistons on a stock wheel and radial tire?

Who has a Gen 3 Viper engine that makes 541 RWHP with stock crank, rods and pistons and stock rockers in a Viper truck?

Who develops Gen 4 heads and lower intake to work on a Gen 3 Viper engine that makes over 700 hp, which is more power than most modified Gen 4 engines?

That is what we really do, which is not easy to do.

These are the real facts about our Viper engines.

Ned

Ned Erkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"It is important for me to emphasis that this post is not intended to be a promotion for Rolling Thunderz, as we are not a forum sponsor, yet. It is intended to be a clarification of facts about Rolling Thunderz Performance Enhanced Viper cylinder heads that restores our rightful reputation.

Ned Erkman"

I am in Dan's court (Final GTS) I personally had huge problems and a series of lies from Rolling Thunderz, in addition, Tom Welch (BTR) told me he had similar problems. In my opinion, they don't know how to "present the facts" honestly.

Now to my old friend Jack, I am happy to see that you are proud to post your 10 second ET performance for your Viper. I’m just curious to know how many other Vipers have been able to equal or better the performance you have achieved with your Viper heads.

Please allow me to remind you that since you were one of the few Viper owners who drag races, we did some additional modifications to your heads to deliver better performance. These same modifications were performed on other Viper heads with no problems. When you experienced fitment issues we realized that Viper engines have wide ranging variations, which is even evident with the color coded engine bearings that are required for the Viper engine, do to the different machining tolerances from engine to engine. So your heads required additional work to fit. We no longer do extensive work like we did for you, unless we do the install ourselves, since these engines do have variances that do require custom machining for higher level performance modifications.

My point is that developing heads for better performance is what we continue to do and most racers appreciate the extra effort we put in to deliver higher levels of performance. So this scenario is like the glass being half full or half empty. Would you be happier if the heads just bolted on and your Viper made a little less power or is it more important to publish your proud performance achievements? If you think that other Viper heads can easily deliver the same performance let me know who runs 9 second ET’s, reliably with N20, as ours do.

Most of our Gen 2 Nitrous Injected Viper engines have run 9 sec ET’s, since they also use our custom camshafts, which I had offered to you.

As for your remarks about BTR, I think it is important to establish the fact that I was requested to develop a head and camshaft package that delivered the desired performance. I did not ask to do this, I was requested to develop the required hardware and I did so successfully. I was then requested to deliver more heads and we did many with many happy customers along the way.

So I do not think that it is appropriate for you to be discussing our business relationship, which served to be mutually beneficial, especially since a record was set, with our Viper heads and custom viper camshaft.

Once again, this is all a matter of perspective and most racers that I know prioritize the delivery of the best performance as most important and rationally understand that there may be minor complications along the way during the stages of developing superior performance. So we did not develop a regular head for you; it was a custom piece, based on a request given to me to develop another 9 second Viper that uses someone’s special N20 system. That was the priority given to me for this Viper cylinder head order.

So I hope you understand that our priority was to deliver the superior performance that was requested, which is what we endeavored to do.

Thank you for attending my Super Car races and I hope you have good luck in the future racing your Viper.

Best wishes.

Ned

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ned,

Lets try sticking to the topic without making a drive-by sales pitch, mmmkay?

First, I hardly "initiated and distributed" this information as you seem to claim. I made one short post to Jack, about a topic he started. The end. I don't care about you or your business nearly enough to bother.

Now, lets cut out all of the hot air filler material that has ZERO to do with anything, and we get to... :drumroll:

In reference to your remarks about fixing our engines, you have fixed nothing that I know of since those heads and engines have come back to us for extensive repairs after they were at your facility. This is something that you obviously do not know, which is why we are continuing with this lengthy education. The fact is these heads were returned to us after they went to your facility, so who fixed what? We fixed heads that were extensively damaged, requiring all new valve train components and we certainly did not cause this damage.

1. Those Heads weren't ever here, off or touched by us. Period.
2. You are right, I haven't fixed that car again. That's fine if you have improved your quality control since. But... I don't deal with the Canadians much anymore regardless, so that doesn't mean anything.
3. Considering I didn't touch the valvetrain on that car, let alone the heads, I would watch who you are accusing of what. All I did was fish the chunks of valve-cover baffle out of the engine that I was told you guys left in, which subsequently failed due to being bashed to pieces by the rockers. At the owners request I did not go further, because he and I both knew damn well it wasn't my mess to clean up on his dime.
4. I was paid to try and work out the best tune possible on an OE PCM while ditching the problematic AEM on that basket-case and fix a few other oddball issues, not go back to the drawing board and clean up the mess of an engine build that I didn't cause.
5. While I commend you for doing the right thing and making it right one way or the other, you can hardly claim success by having a "come back customer" for warranty repairs. By that mode, Ford must have great quality with how often everyone comes back for warranty work... after all, the customers keep coming back!

Now let’s go back to the key phrase “after we modify the engine”. Unfortunately, some of our customers decide to have other tuners work on their Vipers after we set the engine up and almost always the engines have some sort of failure. Then they decide to get yet another engine builder involved to rebuild the engines and machine the heads and in some cases when other shops know that it is a RT head, they decide to re port our heads to claim that they did the porting work, in a futile effort to make the Viper run faster.

So the fact is that at least two Vipers that you think had our head work did not have our product, at least not in the condition that we developed. You worked on Vipers that had heads modified by someone else and assembled by someone else.

While I cant deny that "crap happens" when multiple tuners get involved with things, I am not aware of that engine ever being apart -short of manifold work- other than at your shop. If it was, that's not what I was told by the owner back then. I know someone worked on the EMS, but that's all that I was told was done elsewhere short of some manifold porting, which I believe was later removed anyway.

Simple logic dictates that Vipers which deliver exceptional performance, as documented by many facts, on my web site and on youtube do not have the problems that you are outlining here.

I wish it was always that simple. As I have said time and time again, just because something works, doesn't mean its right. The car with the engine mess ran fine, regardless of the mess inside- and the same goes for another Viper from Canada which you did NOT build, and yet another Viper from Long Island that was here.

The other car from Canada had cam bolts on an adjustable timing set that were too long, causing the cam timing to wander all over the place because it could not be tightened down- The car would run fine, and then go out of tune later. The owner wouldn't pay to tear into the engine, insisting the builder did it right, and blamed me for not being able to tune it correctly- regardless of the fact that I told him something was WRONG, and the car would run perfect one day, and then a week later it wouldn't. I don't think this issue was found until over a year later when he finally broke down and paid someone up north to tear it apart- I still haven't gotten an apology over that one, and I don't even think the owner knows that I know what actually happened. He would rather save face I am sure.

The second from LI, had a screw go through the inside of the engine, and damage 3 piston skirts and the windage tray severely. Ultimately, it took a large chunk of the oil gallery with it (******* oil all over the inside of the engine), and had a piston that only had one pin boss, with the other side BARELY attached. That car was driven in, and no one had ANY idea anything was wrong until we took it apart for something else, and discovered the previous owner took it apart, cleaned it out, slapped it back together and sold it to the new owner.

Just some examples of severe problems that were hidden. While they worked, it didn't mean they were right.

Viper engine work that you are referencing does not set performance records which we have the proven reputation to deliver. Our work is really technologically advanced and most tuners are unable to re-install our valve-train components, since it is very different from stock. Then our camshafts get the blame, the same camshafts that set track records with no engine problems are now determined to be a problem. Where is the logic? Who is actually qualified to make this assessment?

Setting track records does not necessarily mean that you have built the best all around car, nor does it mean that the combination is good at anything BUT putting down records. Building a car that can both set records and have ZERO problems as a street car, with ZERO downside, and perfect quality, is the definition of a good package. Unless the car was intended to be a race car ONLY, none of those items should be allowed to slide. If all of your packages have horrible driveability at anything but WOT, or questionable quality in assembly, then you haven't succeeded. [This is a generalization, I am not saying they do or don't]

This is why I am generating this lengthy correspondence, so that Viper owners who read these ridiculous remarks, made by people like you; need to better evaluate the hard cold Viper facts. The people they are going to get our engines re modified by are not delivering better performance than what we provide. These engines continue to sustain failures after work is performed at other shops and the shop blame game is to always blame someone else. The logic in this is to obviously make money, tell a tall tale and charge the customer a lot of money and tell them that much work had to be performed to fix our engine. The same Viper engine that originally delivered the best performance is now a big problem. Where is the logic in this?

My only comment is... something must have happened that someone felt the need to take your package to another shop in the first place. If this is such a common theme, you might want to find out WHY.

The fact is that there are tuners and engine builders that try to build Viper engines that make big mistakes, we see this all the time and two of the craziest problems that we witnessed were from Vipers that attended your facility, but we are not blaming you for the problems.

Better be careful with that drive-by commentary, considering neither of those cars you are referring to had any internal engine work done here. In fact one of them, I have never even touched; That one I have only seen/heard of the issues on. You might want to look at another Canadian shop for the cause of those problems if you or your guys didn't cause them. Last I checked, pulling valve covers and oil pan to fish out pieces of baffle doesn't normally affect how the engine runs or if the heads fail... or parking in the driveway for that matter for the other one. If it does... sheesh... I need to revise my methods! Taking engines apart to fix them must be overrated!

In conclusion, we developed cylinder head modifications and custom camshafts for Viper engines that provided outstanding performance. Then other shop owners claim that they can deliver better performance and claim to know better and they proceed to ruin our customer’s engines. These engines are no longer equipped with our product, so stop trying to blame us for these failures.

Again, I am not saying that it is impossible that the cars I saw were tampered with and I was not told, but it still doesn't change the fact that its not the way it was presented to ME by the owner of the car who I have no reason to distrust, and doesn't change that what I saw confirmed exactly what I had heard before I ever had any experience with anything your shop had ever touched. Regardless of what you may think, there is a lot of crap floating around about your work- warranted or not.

The only people who know the truth are You, the owner, and the guy who might have touched it otherwise- and I will leave it at that. Its not my place to argue this any further, and certainly not to comment on Jack's situation.

On a closing note, if by chance I was BS'd and not told the whole story from the owner(s) in an attempt to cover someone else's [or their own] ass, I do apologize. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any more information than I was given. My original intention was simply to communicate with Jack, not to bring you into this thread. In hindsight, I probably should have just PM'd him- but it didn't happen that way.

However, I do hope you realize that this thread was dead more than once, and the only reason it is still being viewed, is that you dragged it back to the top of the page.

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very interesting.....:eater:

Goes to show you that there is always another side to any story...

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will make my story short and to the point. Most of what follows is not debatable, it can be corroborated by multiple parties.

1. Tom Welsh (BTR) used Rolling Thunderz to modify viper heads. I put the order thru Tom, but, sent my heads directly to Rolling Thunderz (RT). They also sent the heads directly back to me. Tom was the broker, but, RT modified the heads, I paid for their highest flowing port scheme.

2. When the heads were returned they indicated they milled the engine and intake side of the heads. I had a very difficult time installing the heads. The bolt holes would not line up, it was as though they forgot to mill the intake side. Over a period of several months and many discussions they held to their story that the heads were done correctly and both sides were milled. To make a long story short they basically told me to take a hike, the heads were done correctly. I wanted them pay for having the heads shaved locally, they wanted me to send the heads back so they could check them.

3. I took the heads to Jeff Morays to have him correct the heads if there were any problems. He found that Rolling Thunderz had milled the engine side of the heads .030 and did not mill the intake side. Secondly, Jeff benchmarked (flow tested) the heads when he received them and after he worked on the heads they flowed approximately 15% better than the Rolling Thunderz port work.

In short, I personally would not have them work on my lawn mower. Even though the car had nitrous the best yardstick of performance was at the strip running NA. I believe the best ET (NA) with their heads was approximately an 11.5, after Jeff Moray cleaned up their work, the car is a flat 11.0 and it still has a lot more left.

Last edited:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Comparing Jeff to ANYONE when it comes to headwork on Vipers just isn't fair to the other party. lol

Ned Erkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will make my story short and to the point. Most of what follows is not debatable, it can be corroborated by multiple parties.

1. Tom Welsh (BTR) used Rolling Thunderz to modify viper heads. I put the order thru Tom, but, sent my heads directly to Rolling Thunderz (RT). They also sent the heads directly back to me. Tom was the broker, but, RT modified the heads, I paid for their highest flowing port scheme.

2. When the heads were returned they indicated they milled the engine and intake side of the heads. I had a very difficult time installing the heads. The bolt holes would not line up, it was as though they forgot to mill the intake side. Over a period of several months and many discussions they held to their story that the heads were done correctly and both sides were milled. To make a long story short they basically told me to take a hike, the heads were done correctly. I wanted them pay for having the heads shaved locally, they wanted me to send the heads back so they could check them.

3. I took the heads to Jeff Morays to have him correct the heads if there were any problems. He found that Rolling Thunderz had milled the engine side of the heads .030 and did not mill the intake side. Secondly, Jeff benchmarked (flow tested) the heads when he received them and after he worked on the heads they flowed approximately 15% better than the Rolling Thunderz port work.

In short, I personally would not have them work on my lawn mower. Even though the car had nitrous the best yardstick of performance was at the strip running NA. I believe the best ET (NA) with their heads was approximately an 11.5, after Jeff Moray cleaned up their work, the car is a flat 11.0 and it still has a lot more left.

Jack,

Those are real simple answers to some challenging questions. I expected better.

Somehow I missed that 11.0 ET when you were at my ASCC race and I think you know that MPH is the proper evaluation for power, interesting how you forgot to mention your speed. Just so you comprehensively understand my point; our Phase 4 Viper cylinder head equipped Gen 2 Vipers run between 128 MPH to 132 MPH in the quarter mile. The 128 mph is a minimum with factory wheels/tires and the 132 mph is with a drag radial.

Allow me the opportunity to put this into perspective so you can better understand what we are developing at Rolling Thunderz. Then, I will explain why you are unaware of the performance capability of our Phase 4 Vipers, which can accelerate a Gen 2 & Gen 3 Viper faster on a race track than the much more technologically advanced production Gen 4 Viper. Now I will be the first one to tell that the Gen 4 Viper is proven to be the fastest production Vehicle on the track. Logic dictates that anybody who develops Viper cylinder heads and camshaft for a Gen 2 and Gen 3 Viper that can keep up with and or out run a Gen 4 is producing a product that is ranked with the best in the business. Rolling Thunderz hardware is designed to accelerate faster down a race track and that’s what our Phase 4 Vipers achieve. This is why I am in complete disagreement with your comments about our Viper cylinder heads.

What I do agree with is that you do not have the best Viper heads, simply since you do not have our best Viper heads. If you do not have our best Viper heads and are unaware of the quality of this particular product then you lack any scientific evidence to render yourself qualified to pass judgment about our Viper cylinder heads.

The best Gen 2 head that we sell is our Phase 4 head that incorporates a 2.055 inch valve diameter, which is also the biggest intake valve available for the Gen 1-3 Viper head; and a valve that we personally developed. You actually have our lower level performance Phase 3 head, which has a 2.02 intake valve diameter that was sold at the price of a Phase 2. This phase 3 head has modifications for N20 injection. I’m surprised that you did not read more about the technical details of our Phase 3 head on our web site where we detail why the same porting does not work for all applications. Just as tuners change spark timing and fuel delivery for different engine modifications, we do specific cylinder head modifications for different engine applications, since we comprehensively understand that one type of cylinder head modification is not the best suited for all applications.

So special cylinder head modifications were developed in an effort to have your Viper run high 9 second ET’s with nitrous and I’m happy to see that you came very close to our target objective. Since this is the first time that you mentioned to me that you had someone else work on our heads you have provided me with new evidence as to why our performance objective may not have been achieved. It is also important for you to understand that increasing flow does not necessary result in an increase in power or performance. There are many other dynamic events that need to be clearly understood about cylinder head modifications and very few people actually have this knowledge. My expertise is proven by the performance that is actually delivered with our product and to prove my point all our Phase 4 Vipers run at least 1 second quicker and 10 mph faster than a stock Gen 2 as clearly demonstrated in detail on our Rolling Thunderz web site in the “Viper Performance” section. Furthermore, all our other Viper nitrous head work has resulted in 9 second ET’s, so your 10 second ET performance makes you the only exception.

Since you brought Jeff Mory’s into our discussion, he had contacted me to inspect his new Viper race heads and requested that I give him feedback, but he wanted me sell his product too so I needed to sell a set to do an evaluation and since we never sold a set of his race heads I did not have a chance to do an evaluation. Jeff and I also debated the valve diameters for the production Gen 2 and Gen 3 Viper heads as he believed that the 2.04 inch valve diameter was the best size for the production castings. I believed that the larger 2.055 inch diameter intake valve is best for our production casting, which is why we developed the 2.055 inch valve diameter for the Dodge Viper with Manley. The 2.055 inch intake valve that we developed with Manley is now available in the Manley valve catalogue as the largest valve available for the Dodge Viper for Gen 1-3 heads. So in my opinion my partner Serge and I developed the best technology for the production Gen 1, 2 and 3 Viper cylinder head castings, which is to provide the biggest intake valve size available for the production Viper heads.

Case forward, cylinder head experts know that the size of the intake valve diameter is most important for the development of maximum power, which in my opinion is why the best factory production head ever developed for the Viper is the Production Gen 4 Viper head which incorporates a 2.08 inch valve diameter, designed by Chapman racing. You may recall how I mentioned earlier in a previous post that I worked with Chapman to develop a W9RP Mopar small block head.

My point is that when you want to have the best, you need to know who the best is; and you need to know how to work with the best, which is why we worked with Manley and Chapman to develop our best Mopar heads. I hope you understand the connection with my statement and the subject matter of who has the best heads for the Dodge Viper,

The best heads have the biggest intake valve which is why the best production cylinder head for the Dodge Viper is the Gen 4 Viper cylinder head that uses a 2.08 intake valve.

In reference to intake valve sizes, I first understood that the Dodge Viper cylinder head was deficient in performance do to the size of the intake valve, back in 1994 when I went for my first ride in a Dodge Viper. The reason for this evaluation is based on my experience of modifying Mopar 340 heads, which are classified by Chrysler as an 18 degree LA cylinder head, which is the same classification for the Viper, except for the Gen 4 head which has a 12 degree valve angle. What I knew from my past experience, is that the 1.92 intake valve was too small to feed 48 cid, which is the size of one cylinder for a 488 cid 10 cylinder engine. The 340 small block engine was equipped with a 2.02 inch intake valve for 42.5 cid, which is the size of one cylinder for an 8 cylinder 340 cid engine. So the 340 developed in the 1960’s uses a 2.02 intake valve to feed less displacement per cylinder (42.5 cid) than the Dodge Viper (48 cid) which is only equipped with a 1.92 intake valve up to 2002. Mopar also knew that the intake valves were too small, which is why they offered the 2.02 inch diameter street performance valve in the Mopar catalogue for the Gen 1 & 2 Viper heads. Since I was putting 2.05 inch valves in stock 340 iron castings in the 1980’s and developed my best 340 cast iron production head with a 2.09 inch diameter valve that flowed 304 cfm at .550 inch intake valve lift, I knew that the Viper head would also work better with a 2.055 valve, which is the biggest valve we could fit in a Gen 2 Viper casting. The big difference in the Gen 3 head is that the intake valve is actually relocated and not in the same position as the Gen 1 or 2 intake valves, which are what, makes the Gen 3 head much better than the Gen 2 head. Again, it’s all about the intake valve and the location of the intake valve. Going back to the work that Chapman did for me, I had them relocate the intake valve to my specifications, which allows the use of a 2.32 intake valve in a small block Mopar head and I am only using a 2.30 inch diameter at this time. In effect, the W9RP heads that I developed are now flowing 458 cfm for a small block Chrysler, which in effect may very well be the highest flowing cylinder heads anywhere that are derived from the LA engine family. So that’s just some of what we know about modifying Mopar LA engine cylinder heads.

I also know that putting a bigger 2.095+ valve in a Gen 4 head is also possible, to make that head flow even better.

In summary, the best heads have the biggest intake valves, which is why the best cylinder head for the Dodge Viper is the Gen 4 Viper cylinder head that uses a 2.08 intake valve. Rolling Thunderz understands this concept and was the first to develop and use the biggest 2.055 intake valve diameter available for the Gen 1,2 & 3 Viper cylinder heads. This is why we believe that we developed the best Gen 1, 2 and 3 Viper cylinder head modifications which are incorporated into our Phase 4 heads that offer incredible engine acceleration rates as proven in race competition and our record setting performances.

I thank the Viper Club of America for allowing me the opportunity for a rebuttal and to state my case about who has the best Viper cylinder heads.

Ned

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ned, I just acquired a set of your "Phase 4" heads. As I understand it you guys start out with the Viper Mopar performance heads to begin with which are a different casting than the factory ones. So comparing the "Phase 4's" to ported factory stuff isn't really the best comparison correct?

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ned:

Please hold up on writing another chapter to your "I do not wrong litany". You did nothing but lie to me, I had to run the car for a year with a vacuum leak and finally had to have the heads milled to make them work. Within the viper community I have never seen such a lack of class and pure BS. I can remember when we found out you forgot to mill the intake side, Tom Welsh made the comment that you were the "always right" person and would never make them right. Take a look at your emails, they speak loads about who you think you are, but also they say more about what you really are. I think you also realize I am truly being kind.

Ned Erkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ned, I just acquired a set of your "Phase 4" heads. As I understand it you guys start out with the Viper Mopar performance heads to begin with which are a different casting than the factory ones. So comparing the "Phase 4's" to ported factory stuff isn't really the best comparison correct?

MTGTS

This is an interesting question about the technical advantages of our Viper cylinder heads.

The only advantage in our Phase 4 Viper cylinder heads is in the modifications that we perform to the production cylinder head castings. We only modified two sets of Mopar Street Performance heads 7 and 9 years ago and if you have the set that went to Florida those heads actually chassis dyno tested at 611 RWHP and 638 ft-lbs torque on our Viper stroker engine which is in the 725+ hp & 755 torque range at the crank. Yes there are minor technical advantages with the head that you have but we were not referencing the Mopar Street Performance head in earlier discussions. Our Phase 4 heads are developed from the production OEM cylinder head castings and as you have suggested the Mopar Street Performance heads are better.

What is also important for me to emphasis is that we know a lot more about developing Viper cylinder heads now than we did 7 years ago. It’s what I refer to as progressive development.

The advantages that we developed for our Viper cylinder heads are the installation of the largest intake valve size available, and developing intake port and exhaust port configurations that deliver better fuel flow that in effect dynamically function to cycle air, fuel and exhaust faster, which actually intensifies the burn rate to deliver faster engine acceleration. This faster engine acceleration produces a faster crank rotation which results in a faster driveshaft rotation that has much to do with how fast the rear wheel rotates and how fast the vehicle accelerates. So how fast and how well a cylinder head processes air and fuel and discharges the exhaust “dynamically” improves the acceleration of the Viper on the road and track. This is what is most important for an internal combustion engine to deliver for race winning performances, a fast acceleration rate.

Maximum power is not what makes a vehicle run fast; it is actually how fast you make maximum power happen that is most important and not just developing maximum power. Engine acceleration is most important for real world vehicle performance which I will now explain by example. Let’s say we have two Viper engines that both make 600 horsepower at 6000 rpm and 500 horsepower at 5000 rpm. Both engines make the same power at the same rpm and are put at full throttle at the same time. The first engine reaches 6000 rpm in one second and the second engine only accelerates to 5000 rpm in the same time. In effect, the first engine is making 100 more horsepower in time than the second engine since it accelerated to 6000 rpm faster. In this example, although both engines make the same maximum power at the same rpm, the engine that can accelerate faster can deliver more power, in time, to the drive wheels, which in effect makes the vehicle, accelerate faster. Furthermore, an engine that is revving at 6000 rpm at full throttle is also rotating the rear wheels faster than an engine that is operating at 5000 rpm, which also makes the vehicle accelerate faster.

This is why we so often see big engine power on the dyno that does not deliver great vehicle performance in real world driving conditions. This is a classic example of an engine acceleration rate that is not fast which results in poor vehicle performance and the problem is usually all about the lack of performance with the cylinder head.

My point is that big airflow numbers on a flow bench and big rear wheel numbers on the dyno do not necessarily guarantee that a Viper will run fast on the road or track. On the other hand a Viper that runs 10 mph faster than stock has to be accelerating fast to be able to reach that high level of speed, which means that the cylinder head must be functioning very well in order for the engine to accelerate so fast.

So to answer your question, the only real technical advantage in our Phase 4 cylinder heads is in the modifications we developed that allow an engine to accelerate faster. This is why my main interest is in how fast a Viper runs down a track and why I have detailed information that our Phase 4 Viper engines accelerate one second faster in the quarter mile and run 10 mph faster in speed. This is the real world performance of a cylinder head that is most important to me, the ability to process more air and fuel at a faster rate of speed that dynamically improves the acceleration of the Viper in actual road and track conditions.

Hope this answers your questions about the technical advantages of our Viper cylinder heads.

Ned

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MTGTS

The only advantage in our Phase 4 Viper cylinder heads is in the modifications that we perform to the production cylinder head castings. We only modified two sets of Mopar Street Performance heads 7 and 9 years ago and if you have the set that went to Florida those heads actually chassis dyno tested at 611 RWHP and 638 ft-lbs torque on our Viper stroker engine which is in the 725+ hp & 755 torque range at the crank. Yes there are minor technical advantages with the head that you have but we were not referencing the Mopar Street Performance head in earlier discussions. Our Phase 4 heads are developed from the production OEM cylinder head castings and as you have suggested the Mopar Street Performance heads are better.

Yes, I now have the FL set.

Thanks for the clarification

Wojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me clarify the issues with the "stolen cylinder heads", they were mine. sure would like to know when Ned is going to pay me back the money he owes me for the Gen 3 and AEM that I "sold" to him? He has owed me the money for over a year and when I go to collect he BS's me around.
I id get another set of heads made, but never installed them. Flow numbers were lower than the previous heads and other issues.

Ned Erkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ned:

Please hold up on writing another chapter to your "I do not wrong litany". You did nothing but lie to me, I had to run the car for a year with a vacuum leak and finally had to have the heads milled to make them work. Within the viper community I have never seen such a lack of class and pure BS. I can remember when we found out you forgot to mill the intake side, Tom Welsh made the comment that you were the "always right" person and would never make them right. Take a look at your emails, they speak loads about who you think you are, but also they say more about what you really are. I think you also realize I am truly being kind.

Jack,

This is becoming like the twilight zone where it’s getting hard to understand what supernatural events are about to unfold.

Please go back to your own correspondence and read how you stated that we requested you to send back the heads so we could address any issues. So if we requested that you send the heads back how do you get this “we do nothing wrong scenario?” Then if you decide not to send the heads back and want to drive around when you know something is wrong why do we get blamed for this decision? Where is the logic in this?

So thank you for confirming that we requested to have you return the heads so that we could evaluate the situation and address any problem and that you declined to do so. That is actually a fact. Thank you for confirming that you did not place the order for your cylinder heads. The request that we received for the cylinder heads was to deliver a special set of heads that could run 9 second ET’s with a nitrous system with a stock Viper camshaft. Please let me explain that there is no off the shelf Viper cylinder head that is designed and developed to run 9 second ET’s on nitrous with a stock cam. Most logical people would think that this is a difficult order to fill.

What we learned through this exercise is not to accommodate challenging requests for development work for people who do not want to work together as a team to resolve simple problems. If we were working on that Viper we would have determined that there was a fitment problem real fast and rectified the problem within an hour. If we knew that we would be criticized about this for another 10 years we would not have done this development work at all and we would both be much happier in the process. So let’s get this straight once and for all, this was a special development project that required special machining that created a fitment problem and we were “wrong” for thinking that we were dealing with people who wanted to work together to achieve common performance goals, which is what we were lead to believe in this process.

Who would have believed that our legacy according to you is that we created a situation where a manifold did not fit perfectly? Good enough to drive around for a year but not perfect.

It is apparent that we have a very big difference of opinion here since we do not agree with your last statement that you are being kind. My response to this is that when we are presented with unjustified attacks that are based solely on emotional opinions; we have the right to balance out the equation with tangible facts to demonstrate who we really are and it is quite evident that you do not want to acknowledge that you are very wrong with your willful misconduct towards us.

What is really bewildering is your accusation “you did nothing but lie to me.” Especially when you say “ finally had to have the heads milled to make them work”. There is no mention here of anyone else porting these heads to make them work, as you stated previoulsy. So we have a real big problem here Jack. Did you have to mill the heads to make them work or did you have to mill the heads and port them to make them work? If you did not have these heads ported by Jeff as you stated previously then you have no credibility with me as nothing that you state can be trusted and construed to be true in anyway, nothing.

You are very determined to find some sort of fault somewhere with us to justify the attacks you initiated and making things up as you go is no problem with you, just create fictitious issues as you go and fire away with accusatory remarks with no foundation in fact.

If you really want to establish what is wrong here, you should start by properly evaluating what is really wrong here, a manifold fitment problem that was a little off or unwarranted malicious attacks by you where mountains are made out of mole hills?

Thank you for letting us know who you are and what you are.

Ned

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack,

This is becoming like the twilight zone where it’s getting hard to understand what supernatural events are about to unfold.

Please go back to your own correspondence and read how you stated that we requested you to send back the heads so we could address any issues. So if we requested that you send the heads back how do you get this “we do nothing wrong scenario?” Then if you decide not to send the heads back and want to drive around when you know something is wrong why do we get blamed for this decision? Where is the logic in this?

So thank you for confirming that we requested to have you return the heads so that we could evaluate the situation and address any problem and that you declined to do so. That is actually a fact. Thank you for confirming that you did not place the order for your cylinder heads. The request that we received for the cylinder heads was to deliver a special set of heads that could run 9 second ET’s with a nitrous system with a stock Viper camshaft. Please let me explain that there is no off the shelf Viper cylinder head that is designed and developed to run 9 second ET’s on nitrous with a stock cam. Most logical people would think that this is a difficult order to fill.

What we learned through this exercise is not to accommodate challenging requests for development work for people who do not want to work together as a team to resolve simple problems. If we were working on that Viper we would have determined that there was a fitment problem real fast and rectified the problem within an hour. If we knew that we would be criticized about this for another 10 years we would not have done this development work at all and we would both be much happier in the process. So let’s get this straight once and for all, this was a special development project that required special machining that created a fitment problem and we were “wrong” for thinking that we were dealing with people who wanted to work together to achieve common performance goals, which is what we were lead to believe in this process.

Who would have believed that our legacy according to you is that we created a situation where a manifold did not fit perfectly? Good enough to drive around for a year but not perfect.

It is apparent that we have a very big difference of opinion here since we do not agree with your last statement that you are being kind. My response to this is that when we are presented with unjustified attacks that are based solely on emotional opinions; we have the right to balance out the equation with tangible facts to demonstrate who we really are and it is quite evident that you do not want to acknowledge that you are very wrong with your willful misconduct towards us.

What is really bewildering is your accusation “you did nothing but lie to me.” Especially when you say “ finally had to have the heads milled to make them work”. There is no mention here of anyone else porting these heads to make them work, as you stated previoulsy. So we have a real big problem here Jack. Did you have to mill the heads to make them work or did you have to mill the heads and port them to make them work? If you did not have these heads ported by Jeff as you stated previously then you have no credibility with me as nothing that you state can be trusted and construed to be true in anyway, nothing.

You are very determined to find some sort of fault somewhere with us to justify the attacks you initiated and making things up as you go is no problem with you, just create fictitious issues as you go and fire away with accusatory remarks with no foundation in fact.

If you really want to establish what is wrong here, you should start by properly evaluating what is really wrong here, a manifold fitment problem that was a little off or unwarranted malicious attacks by you where mountains are made out of mole hills?

Thank you for letting us know who you are and what you are.

Ned

Ned:

Look at your last post and the one before. Do you think really anyone on this board wants to read your novels. I almost forgot how laughable you are. I kept copies of your lengthy rhetoric from the past and each one ignored the problem at hand. It seems as though you think if you throw out enough BS people will think you are right. This is my last post on the topic, go to it man - start novel #10.

I couldn't resist, is the following quote another case of misrepresentation, or just Ned being Ned:

"Let me clarify the issues with the "stolen cylinder heads", they were mine. sure would like to know when Ned is going to pay me back the money he owes me for the Gen 3 and AEM that I "sold" to him? He has owed me the money for over a year and when I go to collect he BS's me around.
I id get another set of heads made, but never installed them. Flow numbers were lower than the previous heads and other issues
"

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nobody would read his novel. and not for nothing, jack has been here a long time and has been nothing but help and dead honest, my money is on jack

Ned Erkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me clarify the issues with the "stolen cylinder heads", they were mine. sure would like to know when Ned is going to pay me back the money he owes me for the Gen 3 and AEM that I "sold" to him? He has owed me the money for over a year and when I go to collect he BS's me around.
I id get another set of heads made, but never installed them. Flow numbers were lower than the previous heads and other issues.

What I find fascinating here is that any comment made on this forum is taken to be true, and none of these comments are accurate.

Chris,

So let’s do this, please provide proof to back up your statements. You made a statement that the 2nd set of heads had flow numbers that were lower than the first set of heads.

Please provide me with some facts and figures as to what you are comparing this information too. Specifically, I want to know what data you have for “your” old heads since you made this direct comparison. I just hope we don’t have to find your old heads to figure that out. So what were the flow numbers for the stolen heads? You know me by now; I like to deal with facts when people make accusations.

Please try to answer this question with some integrity.

Ned

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I find fascinating here is that any comment made on this forum is taken to be true, and none of these comments are accurate.

Chris,

So let’s do this, please provide proof to back up your statements. You made a statement that the 2nd set of heads had flow numbers that were lower than the first set of heads.

Please provide me with some facts and figures as to what you are comparing this information too. Specifically, I want to know what data you have for “your” old heads since you made this direct comparison. I just hope we don’t have to find your old heads to figure that out. So what were the flow numbers for the stolen heads? You know me by now; I like to deal with facts when people make accusations.

Ned

INTEGRITY?? that is a pretty interesting.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ugh... I have tried to stay out of this, but this is getting ridiculous now, and I doubt Chris is even following this thread to answer you.

First of all, stop trying to make your posts into a sales pitch. Earlier you posted:

Who has a Gen 2 Viper engine that runs 11.1 sec ET’s at 129 mph with a stock crank rods and pistons on a stock wheel and radial tire?

Who has a Gen 3 Viper engine that makes 541 RWHP with stock crank, rods and pistons and stock rockers in a Viper truck?

Who develops Gen 4 heads and lower intake to work on a Gen 3 Viper engine that makes over 700 hp, which is more power than most modified Gen 4 engines?

Answer: There are people in this very thread who have done FAR more development on these engines than you. So, please stop trying to sell your "highly advanced products" on the selling point that you are better than everyone else. Its actually borderline insulting given the company you have in this particular thread.

Chris,

Are you forgetting that there were TWO identical cars here? The other cars' heads surely could be used as a benchmark regardless, and seeing as the two cars always seem to undergo the same changes at the same time, they are about as close to directly comparable as you can get. I would assume the heads referenced are either those, or perhaps some flow numbers from the original "allegedly modified or possibly stolen" heads.

That is an interesting story in itself. You claim they aren't your heads, while and Chris and I cannot come up with a place that had the motive, time and ability to take a risk like that on swapping the heads. All that means, is that its possible that those heads were never modified in the first place, or you guys installed the wrong heads at YOUR shop originally. We may never know the truth, but its an interesting question.

Ned

Now that I have had time to talk to Chris and fill in any details I didn't have before, and confirm everything I thought, this statement from you just becomes more interesting... especially interesting considering YOU OWE HIM MONEY for products he gave you to sell for him, and have been DODGING HIM ON IT! Integrity? You first my man.

Considering that the people in this thread with issues with RT literally stumbled into this thread by accident, I think its a tad unlikely that these three people who have seen or had problems with products... are the only ones. You may want to look in the mirror as to some of these problems.

It ain't all us bro'.

:Enter incoming website drama. God knows this website needs a little spice these days:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62