which exhaust????on 08

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse recommends the 08 corsa, it gets the most hype as having no drone but decent sound on wot and i very much liked it on my 03

Belanger is also an option..."westxsrt10" has the system and likes it....after going back and forth i am going for the full belanger system on my 08 .... adds very nice hp 2

08_headers_and_exhaust3.jpg

Last edited:

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As far as I know the Belangers are the only headers & exhaust combination that won't throw a check engine light on the 08's. That may be the answer you're looking for.

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do the Belanger and Corsa affect the drone? I don't mind the loud exhaust but could do with less drone. Does anyone have sound clips?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse has intalled both so ask them but i guarantee he's gonna say go with the blanger headers with corsa exhaust.... the only other person i know with the complete belanger system is westxsrt10 and he was happy with them and said drone was not an issue

Fast1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried removing the cats on an '08? Will the o2 sensor's throw codes or can it be done like the Gen III cars?

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I have been going on the assumption, and you know what that means! The Corsa systems WILL NOT fit with the Belanger headers! The overall system length is too long to fit between the 02 sensor and the frame indentation at the rear. I have contacted Belanger AND Corsa with this and we are working on "possible" solutions. The Corsa design though is based on the frequencies in the car so the muffler length is pretty set and the distance from muffler in the rear to the tip is also set.

I will post when there is another option but as of now it is Belanger all the way unless you build a custom system from 02 pipe back.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As far as the question about the check engine light and removing the cats, my assumption would be it's going to throw a code!! You can't even change the air filter without throwing a code! The tolerances on the emissions is so tight on this car that it's going to be very tough to do most things with after market until someone can break the computer program walls, and that may never happen. There are a number of tuners working on it, and who knows how long it may take to work out all the technical difficulties. The EPA has really hamstinged the after market industry with the deepening emissions requirements. Remember, the Viper with 600+ hp has to pass the same emissions requirements as a 4 cylinder Honda! It's assinine to me that this 1/1millionth of the segment of all the cars out there has to pass the more rigid standards than the trucks that spew out millions of pounds of crud at the same time with no reprisals! That's the fault of those who believe the tree huggers, lock stock and barrel! Thanks Al Gore and the like!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Too add one more comment, since you only asked about exhaust and not necessarily headers, the cat back system from Corsa fits fine on the 08. It is just the mating to the Belanger that is currently problematic.

Reaction score
You are correct but the body is the same for 03-08.

The Corsa is designed to have no drone rather than really quiet down anything.