Which High Flow Cat?

Slug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am taking delivery of stock '96 GTS. I want to purchase a high flow cat. I want to eliminate some heat and keep the sills in good condition. Also want to be able to return to stock in the future. What brand is recommended?
Thanks

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The stock Cats can be chopped to a 2 chamber and then they're faster than stock without the huge heat issues. Probably cost more than buying highflow Cats. Welder may die if inhaling the toxic fumes from the toxic metals inside the Cats?

Hi-flow Cats work best as then you won't have issues with the rear oxy sensor program.

STOCK Cats are Government ordered and not a design flaw. 4 oxy sensor system also Gov. required and not an item from SRT. Cats **** and they are Toxic metals that the Gov requires be brought into the enviroment for some stupid reason. I don't know why the Gov would require that 2 (or more) mpg get wasted and CO2 emissions go way up - because they're stupid? One of their buddies owns the company that makes Cats?

Thow it away, don't save it. Eucharistos is correct - don't use stock cats, even on a 4 cylinder.

Ted

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto bump to JonB at PartsRack! Just ordered replacement Random Techs for those I've had on the car for the last seven years. I'm replacing the stock headers with Belangers in the next couple of weeks, and decided to swap out the old high flows as well. I've heard good things about the Roe units also, but can only speak for the R/T's. Great price from JonB too! BTW, my sill temps are warm at best.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are 2 main types of Cats, Metal and Ceramic.

- lol, just trying to add confusing info, :)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my high flow cats, JonB was right...cooled down the car interior a LOT.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am taking delivery of stock '96 GTS. I want to purchase a high flow cat. I want to eliminate some heat and keep the sills in good condition. Also want to be able to return to stock in the future. What brand is recommended?
Thanks
Call Jon at PartsRack as he is the best and only here to buy parts from.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used the Random-tech 50 state smog-legal cats on my 01. Partsrack can provide adapters for 2-1/2" to 3" up or down sizing as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4