Which suspension upgrade?...Roe...TNT..?

99 Sidewinder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to improve the handling/control of my 99 RT/10. I was curious what other members have tried. I was considering Roe's upgraded shocks or possibly TNT's but I am open to any suggestions. My application is hard street driving and occasional track. In addition, I would like to try autocross.
I looked in the archive and didn't find any info on TNT's and very little on other after market shocks/springs?
Any info / experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure what spring rates on a 99 rt, but I beleive it use to be 450 lbs front, 700 rear. A better setup is 550-600 front and 1000 rear. Thia is an ACR package. The ride will be much stiffer if you only ocasionally race the car. Penske makes the best shocks , but Sean Roe puts together some of the best after market products also. Double adjustable shocks would work real well for auto crossing.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Stock front rates for 1996 to 2001 (have not checked an '02 yet) are supposed to be about 200 lbs/in, though I've seen them rate as low as 145 and as high as 195 lbs/in.
Rear is supposed to be about 500 lbs/in, but usually rate between 450 and 500 lbs/in.

99 Sidewinder,
Delrin bushings make a big difference in the way the car drives. More responsive, yet smoother over rough surfaces.

Sean

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Yes, we have the Delrin bushings. The sleeves are made of stainless steel.
Here's the web page link:
Delrin bushings

Sean

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Sean Roe on 03-06-2002 at 07:31 AM</font>

RockyTop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean is right on on early model Viper spring rates. In 2000 or so, according to the suspension write up they did in the Viper quarterly, they changed damper brands and increased the spring rates to 650 or so front and 1100 or so rear on the non-ACR Vipers. Why the big jump I am unsure as I do not think that the mounting points for the shocks were modified (which would change the the "leverage" of the assembly). It may be that DC felt it was an "improvement" that was overdue or perhaps that the stiffer rate was needed for dampers having different characteristics. I never saw a detailed explanation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi