White OEM Wheels

MR. BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Final Edition Red with White Stripes GTS and am looking for some white wheels. I feel they will look great with the white stripes.

Does anyone know where I can pick a set? Is anyone selling any?

They came stock with the white 96 RT/10:

You must be registered for see images

I have looked all over and no one seems to be seeling them. Is it possible to paint the stock wheels white?

Thanks! :2tu:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, you can paint your wheels white. They're painted already (with clearcoat). Just sand them down with some 2000 grit and be careful you don't get any runs or orange peel. :D

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to have one of the photoshop gurus around here show you how that would look, granted it's a matter of persoanl taste but I do not think it would look good. It would look like 96 wheels on a 02 car.

ceieio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jonb had a set on one of his cars. He said to me, "you think the brake dust is bad on YOUR wheels, try keeping white clean!" That kinda calmed me down on the idea...

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr.B,

Where are you locate? I have a set of white oem wheels that I sometimes put on my 96 GTS just for a change. They do look good with the white stripes and most people at car shows seem to like the white wheels better. They are hard to keep up due to the brake dust. I painted the inside barrel of mine black so that you can't see the brake dust on the back portion of the wheel. This makes maintenance much easier. If you are close, I would be happy to let you put them on your car and let you see what you think of them.
I believe that there were only 5 GTS'S that left the factory with white wheels so you will not see many out there.LMK

Doc.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Final Edition Red with White Stripes GTS and am looking for some white wheels. I feel they will look great with the white stripes.

Does anyone know where I can pick a set? Is anyone selling any?

They came stock with the white 96 RT/10:

You must be registered for see images

I have looked all over and no one seems to be seeling them. Is it possible to paint the stock wheels white?

Thanks! :2tu:

Funny thing, I just put a set of ACR wheels with some cosmetic blemishes on my 1997 blue/white GTS and was thinking of painting them white also.

dont get the old 17 inch white wheels, they are the ugliest of the 3 gen II wheel choices. Just have your rims lightly media blasted with glass beads, just enough to take off finish, then prime, paint white and clear. or better yet, white powder coat them for a tougher finish.

OP
OP
M

MR. BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.

Doc- I live out in Pahrump, NV. Its about 70 miles from Vegas. Kind of far from Shreveport.:) I appreciate your help though.Would appreciate even more if you would sell them to me. :)

I want to paint the wheels white, yet if they don't look to good, I will be stuck. I would rather just pick up another set and if they don't look good, I'll make a coffee table out of them or something.

Here are some pics:

7948DSC00400-med.JPG

7948DSC00405-med.JPG

7948DSC00403-med.JPG

7948DSC00083-med.JPG

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an idea, what if I send you the wheels(they are mounted on new pilots with about 500 miles on them). If you like them you can buy them. If you don't like them, pay the shipping both ways and send them back. That's the best I can do. They are at Archer's now so it may take me a week or two to go get them.
Doc.

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you need to photoshop that first. I cant in my wildest dreams picture that looking good. But hey, each to their own. I always thought the polished 99-02 wheels were the nicest by far. But, good luck with it...

OP
OP
M

MR. BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7948viper_white_wheel_copy-med.jpg

Poor photoshop, but I think it looks sharp!

Doc- Perhaps can you send me pictures of the wheels? I would hate for you to send them out here and they get damaged in the process. At least if you send me the pics, and I buy them, any problem with delivery would be mine and not yours.

For instance, I just ordered a treadmill and when USPS delivered it the mail lady had the nerve to give me an opened box with pieces falling out of it! Pathetic!

I appreciate your help with this. It is quite hard to find white wheels period. All the white wheels seem to be for the ricer crowd. Finding viper wheels is like winning to lotto. I am sure HRE can custom make something, though I will have to pass since I do like to eat.

Thanks.

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem,

I'm sure that I have some pics of the wheels on my GTS. I'm at work right now (working the overnight all weekend) but I'll try to find some as soon as I can. I have 4 sets of spare wheels so I'm not too worried about these getting damaged but I do appreciate your concern. Just trying to help a viper brother out. Last year at the world of wheels I drove the car to the show with the white wheels on it. I took those wheels off and put on a set of show chrome '96 5 spokes that I use only for shows. All weekend I had people telling me that they liked the car better with the white wheels on it. It changes the character of the car completely. I think the chrome wheels look more upscale and that the white wheels look racier. I bought my white wheels from Jon B after I saw his GTS with white wheels and I really liked it.You can call me if you want and we can talk about it.318-773-5998

Doc

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MR. BAD ASP

Let me save you a HUGE headache, they WONT FIT. The 2001-2002 Viper's have a bigger rear caliper, that makes it impossible to mount the old 17 inch rim on our cars without interference. TRUST ME, Janni and Henry Cone helped me out the first day I got my viper with a set off there 1997 GTS (I got 2 flat tires from a man hole cover), and while the front will fit, the rear actually scrapes the inside of the wheel, due to the new Caliper size.

Do what you want, but I have real world experience that clearance in the rear is an issue.

Jon

OP
OP
M

MR. BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5580White_rims_on_FE-med.jpg

Thanks for the photoshop! Looks awesome!

Too bad the wheels won't fit. Thanks for the heads up though.

I need some white wheels. WOW. :ooo: The search will continue.

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad ASP,
Keep in mind that you'd also be going from 18 inch to 17 inch wheels. Get a used set of 18 inch stockers off ebay for $2K and paint them. Or, try the SSR or CCW wheels painted.

DN

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr.B,

.....I believe that there were only 5 GTS'S that left the factory with white wheels so you will not see many out there.LMK

Doc.

Yep, but don't confuse the three White and Blue Striped '96 GTS's with white wheels with the two Blue and White GTS's that had their polished wheels replaced with white wheels after manufacture, but before shipment. One went to Jon Brobst, and one to Drew Alcazar (Now runs Russo and Steele Auction)... Who saw them swapping wheels on Jon's car and said... "Can I have that done too?". Since there was shortage of polished wheels, and by doing the swap they could ship two more cars.... they said "Sure!"

Now you know the rest of the story................

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saleen Mustangs inspired me about the white wheels. They looked great on a all white car and look stunning on a red car.

It is kind of like thootpaste commercials. In those Rembrandt commercials a lady is always has the deepest red lipstick to emanate the bright white of her teeth. The colors really compliment each other well.

I know HRE has custom painting so I will look into them. Does anyone know how much they run? What sizes would I need? I would like slightly larger wheels to fill up the gaps.

In terms of wheels, I think the STARTECH wheels are AWESOME. WOW. Can these be custom painted from the factory? If so, I might have to take out a second mortgage.

Thanks for your help guys.

p.s.- this is mr. bad asp. Just thought it would be cool to have a matching username and license plate!

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can always have your stockers powdercoated super mirror white :)

Powdercoat is the only way to go.

Just wax then wipe off with a good quailty paper towel, won't marr the finish!

$50 to $75 per wheel.

Dare to be different! :2tu:

416viper-med.jpg

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!...... Matthew, that is an OLD picture of my 97 GTS with white factory wheels. That was from 1998 or 1999, right? Forgot about those. The brake dust and cleaning routine was horrible until I put EBC Kevlar Green pads on the car.

I happen to think most any of the aftermarket wheels would look great with white center sections on a red Viper with white stripes. The picture below is what mine looks like right now, with custom white Hart's, and a whole lot more $$$ worth of mods! :smirk:

7Portrait_at_DCX-med.jpg