Who do you think is the best tuner?

jrod178

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im new to the board, and wasnt able to find some info about this searching through the archives. I just wanted to see different peoples opinions on who they think is the most knowledgeable tuner in the US for the Viper. Sorry if this has been gone over before.

Thanks,
Jarod

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'll be first. Haven't had any work done yet but some of us KC guys had lunch with Hennessey Saturday, and WOULD it be nice to have the 650 Venom or 800TT. I only wish I would have bought lunch for him --- maybe would have gotten $10K off either, hehe.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have bought from both Hennessey and TNT. I also have spent a good bit of time talking with Doug Levin.

I do not think you can go wrong with any of them!

I would absolutely get the Venom 650R again......John and his crew did a great job with my car. They know their stuff....and the Service was/is second to none!

Drop me an Email if you want any more details.

Regards,

OP
OP
J

jrod178

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. After looking over my first post I realize that its a little broad. How about what tuners are better for forced induction and what are better for N/A motors. That should help a little I hope. But again thanks for your help, sorry if the question has been gone over before, just trying to get a little more familiarized with the car.

Thanks,
Jarod

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jarod,
Since so much has been posted about the tuners in the recent past I would suggest you do a search on the board, which is very easy and can be done by pressing the search button. I had started a couple of threads where others were encouraged to add thier input. You can search for "positive tuner experiences" & "Negative tuner experiences" and see a wealth of info. You can also mess around and do a bunch of other searches to be more specific as to what you are looking for. It's pretty cool to have everything people have talked about in the recent past at your fingertips. Good luck!

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I visited Doug Levin's shop...I was thoroughly impressed with his know-how and ingenuity. On top of that he is an ace...honest up front nice guy who is genuine. Nothing spared when installing his superchargers...I would trust the guy with my money and or my life...

OP
OP
J

jrod178

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, I remember hearing a while back... maybe a couple years that one of Hennesseys installers left Hennessey MS for some reason and started his own shop in Florida I think??? And his cares were performing very well, like better then some of the HMS cars I believe. Is this true? If so, who was that and how are you opinions on their shop?

Thanks,
Jarod

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
http://www.performancemotorsportsllc.com/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jrod178:
Thanks for the responses, I remember hearing a while back... maybe a couple years that one of Hennesseys installers left Hennessey MS for some reason and started his own shop in Florida I think??? Is this true? If so, who was that and how are you opinions on their shop?Thanks,
Jarod
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reaction score
Im very interested in seeing some dyno sheets from modern performance. All all their heads cam packages the same? Or are their different stages.Any flow numbers etc... What is done on the top end job. Manifold etc...I have heard they do some great work on motor. Has any of their motor cars had gas on them and if so how did they choose a cam. Total cost?

BLS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jrod178:
Thanks for the responses, I remember hearing a while back... maybe a couple years that one of Hennesseys installers left Hennessey MS for some reason and started his own shop in Florida I think??? And his cares were performing very well, like better then some of the HMS cars I believe. Is this true? If so, who was that and how are you opinions on their shop?

Thanks,
Jarod

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

His name is Larry Macedo and he runs Performance Motorsports in Oviedo, Florida.

http://www.performancemotorsportsllc.com

407-366-0366

Larry just finished installing a nitrous/propane system on my car and did a beautiful job.

I would highly recommend that you give Larry a call.

Byron

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor Albert, not feeling the love?? Must have something to do with the all the V-10 Vipers that are in the 9's being from Texas so far. You're in good company as nobody has yet mentioned the tuner with the most cars in the 9's (TNT). Think maybe people are intimidated by the Houston shops??

Come on, you guys knew this thread couldn't remain totally smack-free for long.
laugh.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who ever you go with, Leven, SVSi, TNT, Hennessy, Cauldwell, Sean Roe,just make sure you approach your purchase as a wise consumer. Do not release any $$ until everything in in writing. Make sure you keep accurate documents on your conversations, and do not think that something said in discussions are binding facts.

If you approach dealing with tuners the same way you purchase a house or a car, you should have little to no problems. The problems seem to occur when someone sends out a boat load of money with absolutely nothing to show for it. Would you give a realitor $10,000 without the proper contracts?

You might want to first learn how to get the most out of your Viper before you add even more untamed power?

Reaction score
You're right John, I dont get any love or responses for that matter. Day 3 now and no one wants to give up any info, dyno sheets etc... I just want to give credit where credit is due.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Albert is top notch. I haven't bought anything from him yet, but from what he tells me, he's the best...

hehe, lotsa love here brotha'!

Gerald

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John N:
Poor Albert, not feeling the love?? Must have something to do with the all the V-10 Vipers that are in the 9's being from Texas so far. You're in good company as nobody has yet mentioned the tuner with the most cars in the 9's (TNT). Think maybe people are intimidated by the Houston shops??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The intimidation factor for me is only 1% of the time on the track. The fastest cars on the STREET are built by Doug Levin where a car spends 99% of the time. I may not want to race against a 9 second Viper on the track, but how many of those 9 second Vipers want to race a Viper on the STREET with a 150 mph trap speed
smile.gif
smile.gif
laugh.gif
?
BTW. I have given DLM cash up front on a handshake and got more than I expected, twice. And soon a third car. No flames intended for you Texans, just some good facts.

Max

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Albert Chlouber:
You're right John, I dont get any love or responses for that matter. Day 3 now and no one wants to give up any info, dyno sheets etc... I just want to give credit where credit is due.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the reason is they are everywhere.....

here is one at SVSi:

SVSi TT

here is a batch at HMS:

HMS Dyno page

Doug is finally getting his site together, you'll likely see some there soon
smile.gif

Reaction score
Actually my car is 99.9% on the street. I run every single week end, & we dont stop at 150. I have run with Hennessey and his crew watching me and a bike race to 185 on slicks and skinnies. We arent scared of the street. Just have a death wish sometimes.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'll try to get in touch with Nick at Modern Performance and see if he has copies of his Dyno sheets. All of Nicks cars are normally dyno'd at IDA Performance. You may know Bob Ida as he is the one that was just written up in a story about his Tucker replica. Bob is a master of his craft, and is known throughout the WORLD for his *****'s hot rods. He has a beautiful Dyno area, and I'm sure has a record of all of Joe C's, Joe S's, and Don N's runs.

They are all VERY fast Snakes!

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Joe, Why in the world would Nick or Ida want to or be allowed to release information about someone elses car to some other tuner. I certainly wouldn't want some smack talking Texan to have dyno sheets on my car. If they want to see the performance Nick puts out, let then come up to E-town and see it first hand.

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Com, Com, now Albert lets be nice to the man. We all don’t want to be known as TRASH TALKEN TEXAN’S. PHIL C what is the big deal about the DYNO Sheets? They usually only become interesting when someone actually beats you down. Maybe Albert is just trying to lend a hand?
TEXAS
the only difference down here is we back it up.

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Albert Chlouber:
I never start talking smack. The past month it has been the NJ guys starting all the trash talking. We just seem to finish it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I refer you all to the post entitled Showdown at River City. I see a whole bunch of TX smack and zero NJ guys smacking back. I believe it was you Albert who even suggested the smack talk begin. A liar? or just absent minded? Who knows?

Reaction score
That was the sixth topic started that we finished. NJ guys started topic 1-5 and started slamming us. Maybe you need to go and do some research. OH, and yes we are still the fastest. Thanks and good night.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a vote for Albert!
I have ordered several things from him. No problems whatsoever! Very smooth to work with, won't charge you until the item is shipped, and follows up with you to ensure your satisfaction.

Wish more tuners were as pleasant to work with as him.