Who drives there Viper year round? Also mileage?

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who drives their Viper year round? Also mileage?

I have a 2003 SRT-10 and I am fast approaching the 50,000 mile mark with no service issues.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My name is Bob P. I am addicted to acceleration and good handling. I have been on my current Viper since 5/11/06. I drive it almost everyday. If I drive one of our other vehicles during the day, I make an excuse to take the Viper out after dinner for a few minutes. I am ashamed.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Not! Vipers are the greatest driving experience ever produced by a US manufacturer. Own it. Drive it. Smile broadly and frequently.

Bob

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I kind of miss driving mine already. I put it in storage 3 weeks ago and of course we are having one of the nicest falls in years. It's normally below freezing adn snow on the ground. We could have been golfing the last couple days and its supposed to stay htis nice for the next week. I called the storage guy today just to see how many other cars were in front of it and he said there were lots. No chance of getting it out... Oh well..

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I really feel sorry for those of you who have to garage your Vipers for MONTHS out of the year. On a side note, Im happy to see more of you actually driving your Vipers the way they were meant to be driven and not just letting them sit to rot.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I bought my '04 in June 05 and have driven it 15,800 miles. I don't drive it every day and will not subject it to salt. I do drive it often and have made one cross country trip (IA to NH).

I love my car and it is still the hottest convertible available under something north of $120k.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The more you drive your Viper the less it costs you per mile in depreciation!

I drive my vipers every day,( located in north bay area so lots more rain than San Jose ), you may have to get the seals around the doors changed if your footwells fill with water, but if you have this problem it is good to find out and get it fixed anyways. The Gen 3's are much better in the rain than Gen 2's, they are very manageable and the only thing you need to watch for are large puddles on the highway as they will catch your wide tires and through you out of control for a few seconds.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

So Ive driven it to work every day this week, it was even lightly sprinkling yesterday. I said screw it, it will be more of a daily driver. Even though I anal and it kills me to think how dirty it might get. So at lunch Im out and when I get back to work I notice white all down the side of car. We are talking like a 6" solid front to back line. I must have ran oveer paint. Of course I was pissed and swearing,thinking I wish I would have drove the Volvo today instead. It took 4 hours to clean.

At that moment though I realized it could happen on any day,anywhere,any car I drive. As mad as I was when I was cleaning,the minute work was over and I was crusing home and running errands in the Viper, it all got better. I love driving this thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonychicken