Who has a Vipermania hardtop? I need a picture.

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can somebody please send me or post a picture of the rear mounting clips. I have what I think is a Vipermania top without the rear clips and I'm trying to figure out what I need. Thanks

IMG_11232.JPG

IMG_11271.JPG

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't have a pic but it's a pretty simple setup.
The hole shown fits over the latch slot on top of the sports bar. The original hardware is a small rectangular piece of steel that has a stud welded on it. You set the top in place then insert the stud through the hand hole such that the stud travels through the hole in the top and the sports bar latch slot. Complete the assembly by tightening a wingnut/washer to the under side. The original hardware came with a rectangular 'washer' that doubles as a coat hook.... I hope this helps. Just hit the hardware store and do some creative engineering! Perhaps someone will chime in with a proper pic of the setup.

Thinking back, I believe you insert the stud from the bottom and tighten through the handhole in the top.... You get the idea.

Cheers

OP
OP
S

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info jdeft1
I'm not sure I fully understand the concept. What holds the rectangular piece in the sport bar slot? I would really like to see some pictures if anybody has this type of setup.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 3" screw, two fender washers and a wingnut would probably do the job. - for each side.