Who Has the Biggest Top End And Really Been There On This Site

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just have a meager 500 HP GTS... Who has been over 200MPH or more?? There seems to be some very radical cars on this site. I know a lot of Vipers are capable, but how many of you have the **** to do it...AL...

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My **** were big enough.... but I filled my Depends when I got over 185 mph.

Cudaman :usa:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just have a meager 500 HP GTS... Who has been over 200MPH or more?? There seems to be some very radical cars on this site. I know a lot of Vipers are capable, but how many of you have the **** to do it...AL...

From a dead stop, I hit 200 MPH in less than 25 seconds and 213 MPH at the 6200 RPM fuel cut in 28 seconds. Piece of cake. :headbang:

beckertb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paolo has me beat: I saw a max of 208 on my hand-held GPS. Car was still pulling, but slowly. :2tu:

Ben
'97 RT/10 venom 600 + heffner SC

Real Hummer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Who Has the Biggest Top End And Really Been There On This Site

what is the car like at that speed. I only had mine 1 month and 155. the car seemed to feel light in the rear.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

215 mph = almost 322 feet per second

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

From a dead stop, I hit 200 MPH in less than 25 seconds and 213 MPH at the 6200 RPM fuel cut in 28 seconds. Piece of cake. :headbang:

:D :D no doubt and the old lady in the toll booth is still pissed about it. :headbang:

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
160 in my GTS, 175 in my now gone ZO6, but these were nothing compared to 148 on my 1995 YZF600 when I was stationed at Fort S(w)ill.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Onramps are my speciality; I have one by my house that I can go 155-160mph as I enter traffic. It is quite a rush. You just don't do it during traffic hour.

In vegas last weekend, me and brad(mntngts) hit about 160-165MPH on BFG's @17lbs of pressure. I am not sure of the exact speed but I took 4th gear to redline and stayed in 5th for a few seconds, speedo read almost 160mph (26.25" tires).Not too smart but it all happened so fast and the roads are just super flat.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hit 165 and ran out of kahoonas(sp). Stepped off the vertical pedal on the right in favor of my life insurance policy. You guys are in a league I don't belong.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paolo, you da man. Do you have a video clip? Would love to hear your car go by at 200mph!!

[/QUOTE]

Riverflyer, go to http://www.supercarschicago.com/, go to the right side and click on the media section for the 209 MPH Viper. It says 209 because I did not take into account the growth of the tires. The 209 MPH was for 25.8" overall diameter. A few nights later when I had the GPS, I realized the speedo was 3 MPH slow @ 180 MPH. If you plug in the 26.23" the tire rack lists the tires to be, that makes the 3 MPH and 213 MPH @6200 RPM fuel cut.

I also have some clips of my car going by a friend on the shoulder @190+ MPH. I have to get the digital version so I can post it.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paolo, you da man. Do you have a video clip? Would love to hear your car go by at 200mph!!

Riverflyer, go to http://www.supercarschicago.com/, go to the right side and click on the media section for the 209 MPH Viper. It says 209 because I did not take into account the growth of the tires. The 209 MPH was for 25.8" overall diameter. A few nights later when I had the GPS, I realized the speedo was 3 MPH slow @ 180 MPH. If you plug in the 26.23" the tire rack lists the tires to be, that makes the 3 MPH and 213 MPH @6200 RPM fuel cut.

I also have some clips of my car going by a friend on the shoulder @190+ MPH. I have to get the digital version so I can post it.

[/QUOTE]

PAOLO

YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!! LOL

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I broke 170 MPH just a few days ago, just never have space to do much other than 140-150 MPH usually though.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a buck eighty so far on stock viper with 3.55s, more to come real real soon (on video too) :D

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
moundir, Did the car have much more than 180 with the 3.55s? I am running 3.55s as well and i thought 180 would be about it...AL,,,

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
moundir, Did the car have much more than 180 with the 3.55s? I am running 3.55s as well and i thought 180 would be about it...AL,,,

Al,
Check your email. I sent you a question about your address.
TW

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my new Viper past 180 MPH when I raced a Nitrous Hayabusa for 'their' enjoyment. I would have gone past 200 MPH but I was nervous about the Sport Cup tire top speed as well as the speed rating on my front splitter and wing. Autoform, I have emailed twice to find out -- Jerry, you there? What is the body kit rated at?

-Manny

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, for those of us who do drive top speed, is there any way to get a full cage in a car and SOMEHOW cover it up or deck it out so that you can drive it as a daily driver, or is that like stuffing a 200 pound chick into a bikini meant for a 115 pound girl? I would love the extra protection, but (and no offense) I don't want my car to look like Paolo's did on the inside. Paolo, I used you as an example as yours is the only one I have seen with a full roll cage.

-Manny

FFVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
00prowler, i was doing 145 in 4 th gear and still had 2 more gears to go. this is also a stock 02 gts and the car was just cruising. the car just wanted to go more. i think i get it up to 200 no problem soon.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
165 no top .. over 200 must just be sick
I could not be a member of the 200 club
have a family and kids.
if still single probably...sure...

those in the club congrats!!!

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFVIPER -- going 145 is night and day compared to going 180 or faster. At 145, the car is solid and feel fantastic. FOr an adrenaline kick, you should punch that baby up to 170 MPH -- fun fun fun! At about 175, at least in my car, I got hood vibration which made me nervous. Once I passed 180 MPH, the car was accelerating very hard (still throwing me back in my seat) and I let off due to the hood shaking. I have a gap on one side of the front hood that I need to fix before doing that again -- the gap is large enough for me to nearly stick my pinky in it, so no doubt that was creating drag on that side.

At 200+ MPH, logic starts scaring me -- I start thinking of all the things that could go wrong and kill me, like a tire blow out, or my front splitter or rear wing breaking, or one of a dozen other things.

Curious, Paolo, when you did over 200 MPH, were your windows all the way up? Any issues with the pressure wanting to blow out any windows?

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can maybe squeeze 182 but I didnt want to hit fuel cutoff so I shut down at 6000rpm :( I tried it again and shifted into 6th and the car just fell flat on it's nose lol.

Mike

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFVIPER -- going 145 is night and day compared to going 180 or faster. At 145, the car is solid and feel fantastic. FOr an adrenaline kick, you should punch that baby up to 170 MPH -- fun fun fun! At about 175, at least in my car, I got hood vibration which made me nervous. Once I passed 180 MPH, the car was accelerating very hard (still throwing me back in my seat) and I let off due to the hood shaking. I have a gap on one side of the front hood that I need to fix before doing that again -- the gap is large enough for me to nearly stick my pinky in it, so no doubt that was creating drag on that side.

At 200+ MPH, logic starts scaring me -- I start thinking of all the things that could go wrong and kill me, like a tire blow out, or my front splitter or rear wing breaking, or one of a dozen other things.

Curious, Paolo, when you did over 200 MPH, were your windows all the way up? Any issues with the pressure wanting to blow out any windows?

Manny, I did the video with the windows open. That's why the camera started to vibrate @ 175 ish.

Depending on how well your doors/windows seal, you could have the windows push out at 165-185. It all depends upon the car and the weather.

From What I hear, Jerry is no longer at autoform.

Don't bother to ask how fast their kit is rated, if they are smart they will not tell you.

Hey, the worst thing that could happen is the [******] will fly off the car. I would not worry about it.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Why does the "sending request for Codec" happen, then I get a Pink Floyd psychedelic light show, instead of the video? Sound's fine.
Really wanted to see that video.