Who makes dashes for '94???

lobo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who makes dashes for \'94???

I bought my '94 a couple months ago and the dash has some pretty deep scars and it bugs me. Does anyone make a replacement dash? Thx.

TheMeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Who makes dashes for \'94???

Do a search.

The stock dash scrathces pretty easily. Guys have re-painted them various colors with great results.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Several options exist as stated above. You can fill or sand out the scratches and paint it, Call Chuck Tator and order a new one, or check ebay and get a Carbon Fiber/Brushed overlay.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I could be wrong but I do not think there are any new dashes available, I am sure Tator can confirm.

Just paint it black, should have been like this from the factory anyhow.

8631033006_7-med.jpg

8631033006_8-med.jpg

8631newdash-med.jpg

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Last time I checked with my dealer they were still available along with most all other stock 94 parts.

OP
OP
L

lobo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thx guys for the suggestions. Since it's not cracked, if I can figure out how to remove it I think I'll have it filled and repainted as a first try. I've got a service manual so hopefully it will tell me how to get it off.

BTW, I like that shift knob 94ohio. If you shot those dash photos just for me, thx...looks like you're still using the heat up there...doubt mine will ever be in heat mode:).

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thx guys for the suggestions. Since it's not cracked, if I can figure out how to remove it I think I'll have it filled and repainted as a first try. I've got a service manual so hopefully it will tell me how to get it off.

BTW, I like that shift knob 94ohio. If you shot those dash photos just for me, thx...looks like you're still using the heat up there...doubt mine will ever be in heat mode:).

Being a new Viper owner you probably have not been introduced to MGW, they have accessories like that shift knob. The shifter is a B&M.

It was probably only 50 that day and I NEVER run with the top or side curtains.

To remove the dash.....

Remove the kick panels, easily done, all screws are exposed.
Remove the radio/shifter bezel. No screws just clips along the top and sides of the bezel, velcro holds it to the center console near the shifter. Gentle pressure will get it to come out. Do not pull it out right away, you have a few wires that will need to be disconnected, there is some slack.
Screws to remove for the dash.... Along the bottom, they are hidded by the kick panels you take out.
Two screws behind the radio bezel you take out.
A couple screws in the glove box.
A couple screws each side in the door jam.
After that it is just clips along the top of the dash. Gentle pressure starting on one side until you get to the other side.
As for the door handle bezels.... The rectangle piece slides (I do not recall if foward or backward) then out. You want to be careful with these, the clips are pastic and easily broken.
Once that is off you will see a hidden screw, along with the other two screws that were aleady exposed.

You should be able to have the dash out in 30 minutes tops.

Refishing is the hard part, unless you hire someone to do it. They do not make the paint to restore to the grey fuzzy finish. I stripped mine, primered, sanded, and applied a base and clear (both flat). It was over the span of a week, the stripping part was the hardest. I used EZ-OFF oven cleaner. If you are not familar with paint work I would recommend a professional.

OP
OP
L

lobo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thx for the removal instructions...I'll print them out. I don't have paint confidence so I'll remove it and take it to a reputable shop. Thx again for your patience with a new owner.