Who makes the best HEADERS!

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So many after market shops. SVSi, Henn., TNT, Belanger, just to name a few. <u>NEED TO KNOW WHO IS THE BEST!</u>please all BULL aside.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem is the question.... as "best" depends on your end use and your end configuration and well as where on the HP/Torque curve you want your header to help. Unfortunately, most go for the glory of peak HP.... which is not all that it is cut up to be.

Ask what the road racing winners use? Belanger (makes power where needed), ask what the Nitrous folks use? Belanger (flows lots) Ask what is best for a custom built motor bought as a package? SVSi, HMS, TNT, Lingenfelter, etc. (as they optimize their headers for their packages). Best to bolt on and enjoy? Edelbrock (as it is CARB legal), bolt on and enjoy on a stock Viper with no carb concerns? Borla 1 1/2" long tube, bolt on with minor to big mods, Borla 1 5/8" long tubes, or Belangers. The Borlas do not have true merge collectors, so they do not get that last little HP as headers that do have merge collectors like SVSi, TnT, B&B.

Best is a relative thing, and quite frankly, there is more than one answer when it comes to parts selection.

OP
OP
K

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So for a viper 97gts with side exhaust twin K&N round filters magnum mufflers a good choice would be between SVSi and belanger's. I trying to make it a all around car. 1/4 mile and top speed use. Not really concerned about viper day track events. Just something that will give me good all around HP for my dollar.

Reaction score
Good answer Jay. Over looked by many is Caldwell. They make the best for a modified engine, based on limited comparison testing by CDI; non-CDI header from Dan Cragin's best choice. Best to me is the shortest time to spool-up between 3,000 to 5,500 RPM on an engine load dyno. Other's have different opinions! CDI is also over looked as one of the Best tuners. I feel they are the Best based on ORECA's winning race history. For those new to this game CDI builds the ORECA Viper engines.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456