Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll check it out.

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
anyone know how Jeff's and Autoform's compare with weight, fit, and easy of quick install and removal?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how all the replies are from those that do not have one and haven't seen all of those available. Note to my knowledge only one is approved by Viper Days for track use.

I have the Autoform (newer version without the blackout area) and have been to Lemke's shop. Both are of similar quality level with slightly differing styles.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I have the Autoform top. I chose it because it gives a little more head room than the vert soft top. I recall looking seriously at Jeff's top but if I recall correctly it has either the same or a touch less head room than the vert top. I wanted the extra room for a helmet. The autoform top is light and very easy to put on and take off. It takes two people but not because of the weight. With the trunk open you walk the top over the hood of the car and put it in place. the first time I put it on I thought, what did I get myself into, but now it is on in less than 10mins.

Dave

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have Lemkes top, and IMO it looks better that the Autoform. If you're looking for one to run the 1/4 mile, it still won't get you under 11.49 at Ennis. You will also need a 6 pt. and other safety equip. for tech to allow you to go 10.0
The top also moves around a bit at 205mph...so it will rub the decklid at those speeds. Nothing a little blue tape, prior to a highspeed run won't fix. :headbang:

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
kllymartin, speaking of ennis, what other equip will I need. I am planning on a hardtop, autoform rollbar, and 6 pt harness. Do I need more?

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like Dave Moore above (who has given me much great advice), I've got the AutoForm hard top. I love everything about it - light weight, easy to get on/off (requires a second person just because of bulk). Comes with a wall mount (I don't have much room in my garage).

Most important to me - enough headroom. I'm 6' , add a helmet and I've still got much more room than the stock convertible top (which is not affected at all by the hardtop). I also got the Autoform Rollbar - no problem with the 'vert top or the hardtop on.

Unlike Dave, mine has the "dummy" rear windows

AutoX-4.JPG

I did buy mine via Jon B when it was a "super sale" - about $3000 painted. Don't know what they go for now...

Ron

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
kllymartin, speaking of ennis, what other equip will I need. I am planning on a hardtop, autoform rollbar, and 6 pt harness. Do I need more?

I have all that. The facts are that a TT at the track, will always run faster than most tracks allow...especially Ennis. Unless of course, you want to muck up your vert with a roll-cage. There are a handfull of events each year to run "all-out". The good thing for us Texas owners, is that John Henn.....y's track has A LOT of those events each year.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
after looking at a bunch of pics. Both tops look nice. I like the roofline of the autoform but jeff's looks more sleek, especially without the side window. The ONLY reason I would want to top is for running at the track. If I almost always drive with the top down. If it won't help me pass inspection at the track, I probably won't bother. Unless of course it help at John H's track. I am going to try and see these tops in person.

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
after looking at a bunch of pics. Both tops look nice. I like the roofline of the autoform but jeff's looks more sleek, especially without the side window. The ONLY reason I would want to top is for running at the track. If I almost always drive with the top down. If it won't help me pass inspection at the track, I probably won't bother. Unless of course it help at John H's track. I am going to try and see these tops in person.

You don't need a hardtop at John's track. The Lemke top goes with the lines of the SRT much better than the Autoform IMO. Not to mention, the side "windows" of the Autoform top kill it for me. Lastly, I can pick-up Lemke's top and put in on the car without anyone elses help, and it takes about 1 minute.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Funny how all the replies are from those that do not have one and haven't seen all of those available. Note to my knowledge only one is approved by Viper Days for track use.

I have the Autoform (newer version without the blackout area) and have been to Lemke's shop. Both are of similar quality level with slightly differing styles.

Couldn’t agree more.

Both Autoform and Jeff’s hard tops are high quality. Only Autuform’s hardtop is SCCA approved.

I have the newer Autoform Hardtop without the fake windows and it works great.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With and without the Autoform hardtop. With roll bar and 6 points (of course)

100_37331.jpg

100_48971.jpg

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With and without the Autoform hardtop. With roll bar and 6 points (of course)

100_37331.jpg

100_48971.jpg

Good God. :omg::omg:
Is your front splitter touching the ground as the car sits? What about the bumps and waves on the track?
How do you drive this car on the street?

Normally we setup front drive track cars with front lowered and rear a little higher but a Viper with rear in the air?
Why wouldn’t you have the car flat with same rear and front heights?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha! You are looking at the braking zone on the front straight at Gingerman (both pics). At max braking I touch a few spots on the track just slightly. At rest the splitter has 3 1/2 inch clearance with street tires and 3 1/4 inch with track tires.

Other than that it is standard ride height with 18 " all around. Sport Cups in the top picture with 295/345 and Kumho V700's in the second with 305/335. After 1 track day I highly prefer the Kumho's.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ha! You are looking at the braking zone on the front straight at Gingerman (both pics). At max braking I touch a few spots on the track just slightly. At rest the splitter has 3 1/2 inch clearance with street tires and 3 1/4 inch with track tires.

Other than that it is standard ride height with 18 " all around. Sport Cups in the top picture with 295/345 and Kumho V700's in the second with 305/335. After 1 track day I highly prefer the Kumho's.

I had the sport cups and they have upset me couple times at the track, especially in fast “S”es and trailbraking into slow hairpins. Oh and always a spin on the first lap with the cups.

Now, I’m going to try R6’s all around. 295 front / 345 rear. Hopefully they will improve the ride significantly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21