Who owns the highest milage Viper??

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading through some posts, I see that some have REALLY driven their cars!:2tu:

That got me thinking. What is the highest milage Viper?? Also, for that milage, what repairs have you done?? What issues have you had??

Edit - I am not reffering to WHO has accumulated the most Viper driving miles, but what does your CAR actually have on it.

:eater::eater::eater::eater:

Robert

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of one GTS with 133k on it. It was sold at an auto auction some time ago. Dont know the condition of the car though.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of one GTS with 133k on it. It was sold at an auto auction some time ago. Dont know the condition of the car though.

Wow! I also remeber seeing one here in Ontario there was one in the dealer with 140ish on it.

I also know someone on these boards has 200k+......

Can't remeber who though.....:(

Robert

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how has that 200k engine held up,anything original if all of it?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be turning over 115,000 this week sometime. Engine and drivetrain is just as strong as the day I bought it. Stock clutch.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did an article this summer on one of our members who hit 100K. Here's what I wrote:

Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow… No, I’m not taking about the U.S. Postal Service, I’m talking about a certain Viper owner from Missouri! The odometer above may look familiar because it’s from a ’97 Viper GTS. However, the mileage on this one probably is a little more than you’re used to! This is the odometer of Gateway Member Tom R. In April of this year, Tom clipped the 100,000 mile mark on his GTS. He is only one of a few owners in the country who have reached this pinnacle. Tom drives his Viper almost every day, and yes, even in hail! A huge congrats to Tom and his Viper GTS on this accomplishment. Just how reliable has this car been that sits outside every night? Besides a new clutch, a gear issue, water in a fog light, and some new gaskets, it’s been one of the most maintenance free cars he has ever owned. Oh, and if you’re not familiar with the rare fog light fish, ask Tom about them sometime. They go by genus and species: Dodgeophilleous Viperacceleratous! What’s the next stop for Tom? 200k, and here is what’s next for us:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 1997 GTS that I put 79,000 mi on ut and the day I sold it was still looked and ran like brand new and NEVER had any problems with it except air conditioner.Kept the oil changed, raced it at the drag strip sometimes and drive home. Bone stock it ran 7:80s in the 1/8th mi and 12:29 in 1/4 mi. I am now on my 6th Viper since 1998. Most Viper owners usually take very good care of their Viper.:2tu:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have the black with silver stripe 2008 Viper any more. I bought a 2009 ACR.....I love it....

94EmeraldGreen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thread. So often it seems like vipers are considered high-mileage with 20k on the odometer. It is great to hear these numbers and stories.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm at 5606...bought it in May with 2400...so I'm definitely using my car! Like that famous saying...Life is not about coasting to the finish gracefully (low miles garage queen), but sliding sideways into a parking space saying "Whoa, what a ride!" (enjoying your car, not caring about the miles).

Here's to another 2500+ miles in 2009!!!

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is great to see!

Remember when Al Bundy (Married with Children) was going to roll over 1,000,000 miles on his Dodge and Chrysler wanted to film it happening and was going to give him a brand new Dodge Viper in respect, but Al fell asleep in the car and backed out over the 1,000,000 mile mark accidentially without the cameras rolling and got nothing. Classic!!!!

I always said that I would have the highest mileage Viper in history when I bought mine new, but I have owned it since November 2006 and it only has 2,750 miles on it. So averaging a whopping 1,350 miles a year. That is NOT what I intended to do.

Next summer, I am going to drive it ALOT more. The way prices have dropped since new, I might as well have 30,000 miles on it as it would end up the same cost in the end anyway. I bet if I had the ROE Charger on it, I would drive it more. I think i will tell my wife that for XMAS. Ha! Ha!

Congratulations guys! Drive em'.

Reaction score
I want Dodge to retire my car at 250,000 ...haha. Back when Lutz was in there he made that comment to me, but things have changed a bit since then ...haha. I only hope Dodge is still around when I turn over 250k :cool:

205,550 on it at the moment. But I just moved to Ga from California, so my milage might be reducing over the next few years 8-(