Who Polished Intakes etc?

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good polisher? Looking for someone who polishes Gen 2 and Gen 3 intakes, etc. Also looking for a good clear after the polishing is done.
Thanks!

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I got the same info when I searched but I am wondering how well the clear has held up on the polished intake over time.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I heard the intakes on the Viper motor are made out of magnesium, and are difficult to polish and keep up. Perhaps I heard wrong.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, search info is of course - old info. There just might be someone who has more current and/or better info that they haven't posted recently, so it never hurts to ask..

Keeping up to date is one of the best benefits of a forum.

:cool:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, search info is of course - old info. There just might be someone who has more current and/or better info that they haven't posted recently, so it never hurts to ask..

Keeping up to date is one of the best benefits of a forum.

:cool:

I agree, as I did post that. But all of those links I put up are from current and frequent users of the forum, making that info not so old. I mean, polishing metal is not new technology...

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a small company in San Jose do mine, and he charged me $450. After I came to pick it up, he told me he would not do another one for les than $1,200. He said it was a pain in the _ _ _. I had some guys at Lawrence Livermore Labs dunk it in a special vat twice to remove the stock red paint first. Since it is a cast aluminum, it does not shine up as well as billet aluminum, but there is no need to clear coat it. It will not turn dull like magnesium does. I just put a couple of old socks on my hands, and use Mother's Billet polish about once every 3 months, and comes out looking brand new. Takes about 1 hour total to apply and polish up. See my ad in the classifieds, to see how it looks.

http://classifieds.viperclub.org/showproduct.php?product=903

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a small company in San Jose do mine, and he charged me $450. After I came to pick it up, he told me he would not do another one for les than $1,200. He said it was a pain in the _ _ _. I had some guys at Lawrence Livermore Labs dunk it in a special vat twice to remove the stock red paint first. Since it is a cast aluminum, it does not shine up as well as billet aluminum, but there is no need to clear coat it. It will not turn dull like magnesium does. I just put a couple of old socks on my hands, and use Mother's Billet polish about once every 3 months, and comes out looking brand new. Takes about 1 hour total to apply and polish up. See my ad in the classifieds, to see how it looks.

http://classifieds.viperclub.org/showproduct.php?product=903

Looks great! Thanks for the clear coat advice.

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simms
Do not do the clear,after time and heat cycles
clearcoat develops small cracks and holes so
water and air can get to the aluninum.Then
you have corrosion that you can't get rid of.:curse::curse:
Just do the polish thing every few months.

Skeeter

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Simms,

I have a polisher and can have gen3's and gen2's done for you. We have even polished the magnesium valve covers with excellent results. I don't clear them anymore as the clearcoat just won't hold up.

Gen2 manifolds are more difficult than the gen3's.

I can do gen3's for $600 plus shipping, and they look amazing when finished, underneath as well!, In addition I clean them before they get sent back to you so you can just bolt them on.

Gen2 will be more $$ and your probably in the neighborhood of $825 or so plus shipping. It's hard to get a mirror chrome like polish inbetween the runners on the gen2 but we do an excellent job.

We can polish almost anything fairly cheap ( not to say that manifolds are cheap, but they take "ALOT" of time to get right)

Todd
A&C Performance
[email protected]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang