Who said a stock viper couldnt turn a 1:42 @ road atlanta?

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It can, well almost stock. Cat back, filters & tubes & unshaved Khumo's we got Ryan's 96 gts with him driving into the 1:43's & I cracked the 1:40's. Lets rock!

ryan 94RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PEte you must be loosing it you did a 1:41 on cold tires and 1:39 on the warmer tires. until next time..

BRING IT TO THE TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
It can, well almost stock. Cat back, filters & tubes & unshaved Khumo's we got Ryan's 96 gts with him driving into the 1:43's & I cracked the 1:40's. Lets rock!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Paul, stock to stock, were the Vipers or the Z06's faster? I am curious as I would think the Vipers are faster. There has been a lot of debate lately by the Z06 guys that they are faster around the track and the Viper is only faster in a straight line. I know the Vettes seem to be marginally faster on tight autocross courses and that's about it. I have smoked them on the street but have no first hand experience going head to head with them on the roadcourse! Can you please list the times of the vipers and the Z06's? Enquiring minds want to know! Paolo

Tpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on Pete, tell us about your warm up laps in the Boxster
smile.gif

Roy

ps. Thanks for lunch...

OP
OP
P

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the Z 06 VS the Viper lap times. My opinion is that a novice driver will be able to go faster in a Z06 than the Viper because of driver aids(stability management & yaw & traction control & anti lock brakes) In the hands of an advance driver I think the viper would pull ahead . This weekend the lone viper kicked asp & no one was close to Ryans times as his weekend progressed. The Z06's present were all on stock tires but I am sure they were chipped & had cat backs. they were pretty strong on the straights. With stock tires & the ultra low ambiant temp (sunday barely got over 39 degrees by 3 pm!), they didnt stand a chance against the Khumos so it wasnt exactly a fair fight. Either way , every driver did an excellent job & I recommend the chin motorsports & boxster club events to anyone who wants lots of track time & small run groups.
Pete

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte