Who should i consider for a brake upgrade?

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I'm doing up the 93, all I need is brakes now. I have seen the horror stories and pics, and I don't want that to be me. So I am considering the upgraded brakes. Now the problem is which company is better? Dilusi, Brembo, Roe Racing, Stoptech....?
I'm looking for:

1) durability
2) ease of installation
3) ease of maintenance

Also in doing this project, i would like to ofcourse get the Motul 600, front scoop air ducts, and what brake lines? I have seen the Snake-Oyl brake recycling sys, is that good? I have no idea. I am open to all suggestions.

I am also thinking, has anyone upgraded their fronts and placed the stock fronts in the rear? I know that the rears are different in the bracketry, but has anyone done it? I would like to do this one time only and correctly. Please advise..........thanks in advance...

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Vip-RT,

What are your intentions with the car? For improved braking on the street, you'd be suprised at what changing to race pads alone can do. We've been using PFC's latest setup on the Viper (01's on the front and 97's on the back) and they're great. They work so good, even when cold, that you can leave them in on the street, even though they're full race pads (same pads that Winston Cup and Indy Cars are using today). Front and rear PFC pads from us are $400.

For track use, you'll need to address the heat buildup. Titanium pistons will keep the fluid (use Motul 600 or Earls' Hypertemp 421 which are the same) from boiling because it transfers heat so poorly. I've only seen one driver get his brake fluid to boil out of over 300 Viper and Vette titanium brake pistons sets, so the chances are it will work well for you too. You can add a set of our front deflectors and a set of Porsche air ducts for improved airflow. Adding braided steel teflon hoses will also give you a little firmer pedal feel. Titanium pistons are $325 for the set, the deflectors are $29.95 / set, the Porsche ducts are about $12 each and can be installed with 2 heavy duty tie wraps and you can get brake lines from Techna-fit/Stop Tech or from Earls for maybe around $160.

Beyond that, you'll have to consider a larger caliper and pad setup. You can put a bigger front only setup on the car, but you may compromise some balance as the fronts will be able to outstop the rears. If you're not threshold braking on the track, that may be fine for you. We can provide large AP Racing 6 piston calipers with mounting brackets, pads and lines for about $2,200. We also have 14" front rotors and a stock caliper relocation bracket that is working quite well for people (but you have to have 18" front wheels).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456