Who thinks the SRT 10 will have 1st year problems?

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trying to be controversial here, but I was a 2001 ZO6 buyer, and GM ended up repurchasing my car for oil consumption issues, a quart every 400 miles. GM was great about it, so I really have no complaints about how I was treated.

I didn't have a certificate, so wasn't in a position to get an '03 SRT 10 anyways. I have a deposit on an '04 with Woodhouse.

Does anyone think there'll be any teething problems with the '03?

I am coming from a "once bitten twice shy perspective," I guess. Think I'd have waited for an '04 even if I had the option of an '03.
Dave

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do ya expect buying Chevys????

Ah I dunno...the '00 Vette convertible 6 spd I sold two weeks ago with 49K miles seemed fine mechanically. It was just slow...

First-year models usually have problems of some sort. If so, expect the D-C people to move fast and efficiently to take care of any problems, as the Viper is the flagship model.

OP
OP
F

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is funny is that of the four Corvettes I have owned (all C5s), this highly modified one is the most mechanically reliable so far.
Dave

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the 1992 and 1996 did not have any earth-shattering problems; in fact the 1996 is regarded by some as having more power than later GTS models. Then again, later cars were more refined. At some point you have to pull the trigger and buy a car - they keep getting better so deal with it.

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully, the concept of making continual improvements even during the current model year will help with early issues.

There is almost no limit to the concept of waiting for improvement and debugging. Some might even want to buy an '02 for that reason but plenty could argue that '99 (re forged vs cast) or (insert year & argument here!) was an even better year. See the archives for the many posts on what folks believe are the "best" years.

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George Murray:
What do ya expect buying Chevys????

Ah I dunno...the '00 Vette convertible 6 spd I sold two weeks ago with 49K miles seemed fine mechanically. It was just slow...

First-year models usually have problems of some sort. If so, expect the D-C people to move fast and efficiently to take care of any problems, as the Viper is the flagship model.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In your sig, you show a car that is very slow by Viper standards. 393 bhp? I think Peewee Herman could do better in his Gremlin. I am hoping for much better than that in my SRT/10. The only thing wrong about my GTS was that way that I was treated in it. The car itself was first rate- I just had no desire to be the Hero Of The Trailer Park. Hopefully, this car is subtle enough to kick ***** without looking like a clown shoe along the way- and that is why I want mine soon...

Either that or 12psi for my LS430...
BURNOUT.gif

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Friend:
In your sig, you show a car that is very slow by Viper standards. 393 bhp? I think Peewee Herman could do better in his Gremlin. I am hoping for much better than that in my SRT/10. The only thing wrong about my GTS was that way that I was treated in it. The car itself was first rate- I just had no desire to be the Hero Of The Trailer Park. Hopefully, this car is subtle enough to kick ***** without looking like a clown shoe along the way- and that is why I want mine soon...

Either that or 12psi for my LS430...
BURNOUT.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why don't you sell your cars and move out of the Trailer Park? I'm glad you sold your " clown shoe " you don't deserve a real VIPER. BTW, I agree with you about one thing...you won't have to worry about not being noticed in the " sled "...the flat, no curves, mercedes go to the country club, non-exotic, bland, non-agressive, daffy duck emblemed srt. Should I update my sig and brag that I have a faster than your LS430...Q45?...no I don't think I will...I prefer to be subtle.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the subject of clown shoe vs. daffy duck, and the emotional proponents for both, won't go away for some time, I suggest we set up two forums, one for each, and neither proponent needs to visit the other site because it is just too upsetting to do so.

In order to accomplish this effort, the sites should be named:

Clown Shoe Club of America, and

Daffy Duck Club of America.

Dah, dah, dah, dat's all folks.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually 393 RWHP in a Corvette would be slightly quicker than a stock "Creampuff" Viper of either body style. The weight advantage is quite significant.

As for the "clown shoe" comments, save 'em for the Corvette board.

OP
OP
F

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom Friend wrote:
(quote)

Either that or 12psi for my LS430... &lt;http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/smilies/BURNOUT.gif&gt;

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang