Who Wants an 'A Pillar' Gauge Pod

Who Wants A Gauge Pod $50 +/-

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about having a custom A Pillar Gauge Pod made. Minimum order is about 40-50 pieces. I'm trying to see how much interest is out there and whether people want a single or double pod. Shout out people. Cost would be about $40-$50 according to the fabricator. Time frame is 30-45 days from order.

GEN 3-4 ONLY!!!!

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm talking about an 'A Pillar' gauge pod. In laymans terms the windshield post. I don't want the gauges blocking my main gauges especially the speedo.:)

As far as pictures go it will be made to look like any other gauge pod except I personally would prefer a smooth finish in lieu of the typical textured look to match out a pillar finish.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

With pods for gauges

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MODS: This post should probably be in the GROUP BUY forum where vendors could post....[/QUOTE]

IT'S NOT A GROUP BUY YET SO MODS PLEASE LEAVE IT WHERE IT IS.

I'm simply trying to gauge an interest before I spend $2000 to $2500. Plus I'm not a vendor and will not mark up the price or charge a Viper Tax like some manufacturers do. Being a custom piece the $40 to $50 I was quoted is still $10- $20 more than a Vette or Mustang but it is a CUSTOM manufactured piece. If we get serious maybe they could emboss the Viper logo on the pod. So far I've had two phone conversations with the 2 companies I'm talking to. If enough interest I will send them the A pillar trim from my car and move forward with the design phase. So if you want one please vote and only if you are serious please.
Sal

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would look awesome, what gauges would you put in them and would they match the factory faces? Viper logo would be nice too.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHat would be measured by these guages that are not currently measured by the stock ones? Just curious. Thanks. :)

I'm thinking about having a custom A Pillar Gauge Pod made. Minimum order is about 40-50 pieces. I'm trying to see how much interest is out there and whether people want a single or double pod. Shout out people. Cost would be about $40-$50 according to the fabricator. Time frame is 30-45 days from order.

GEN 3-4 ONLY!!!!

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHat would be measured by these guages that are not currently measured by the stock ones? Just curious. Thanks. :)

Personally I'm doing a boost gauge and an air/fuel gauge. I'm looking at having custom gauges made with the Gen 5 logos on the face. You can match the face and script of the others. In the mean time I picked up an Autometer (Phantom Series)boost gauge for $59. It has a white face and the script is very close. I may just use a matching a/f gauge by Autometer and save some money. The custom gauges cost about $200 each so they are a bit pricey.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have this one being made right now, should be shipping the first one out any day now

Steve, put me down for one!!!!! I've looked at least 20 different ones and cannot match our curve of the pillar. That's why I'm talking to manuf. due to lack of availability. When will they be available and will they have a smooth or textured finish?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, put me down for one!!!!! I've looked at least 20 different ones and cannot match our curve of the pillar. That's why I'm talking to manuf. due to lack of availability. When will they be available and will they have a smooth or textured finish?

The proto-type in this pic got sanded down shortly after this pic so "smooth" is your answer to match the interior

RedFang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GEN 3-4 ONLY!!!!
I'm interested in one, but it would have to be for a 60mm size. Is that possible?

Thanks

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pics look real nice!

Thanks Doug!

I was going for easy read/ and total clearance of your hand when driving, hard to see in the pics but the steering wheel is all the way up and there are inches between my hand and the pod.

Parts start popping out tomorrow.

Everyone who wants one of these owes thanks to Theo the guy who instigated this project!

theomarshall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

I've been trying to get a hold of you with no repsonse via telephone or email. We need to discuss this gauge pod situation. Please call me ASAP.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960