Who will get the Laguna Seca A C R ?

1HOTV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what will happen to the new title holder A C R Viper. Will it be sold some day.
Or taken back to the factory at the end of the trials and taken apart?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They still have the "ring ACR and I beleive it was there at Laguna Seca too.

No reason to take it apart, maybe one day 1 or both will be in the VCA raffle?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I misread your thread.... ASSumed you meant 'who will BUY a Laguna-Seca ACR.' Only 33 lucky folks will do that, the rarest pure-edition Viper to date. it would be cool to start a 1:33 registry on that beast ASAP.

"The Lawyers" historically, would NOT let any car that had been track-tested or proving-grounds endurance tested woul ever migrate to become a licensed vehicle. Fearing litigation if any component failed, those cars were museum-bound or 'crushed.' Notable exception: during either the Daimlera (Daimler Era) late, or Cerbera (Cerberus Era) early, Chrysler agreed to sell off some of the Skip Barber School Vipers, despite the bashing and hammering those cars underwent on tracks. I was beyond surprised.

The "#1 ACR RAFFLE CAR" was on MSO to Chrysler Promotions....Show car, not a tracked car.

So, enter Chrysler LLC. Different financial picture. I have no idea what-where-how the historic 'Ring car, {which was displayed at Laguna as mentioned in videos) and the Laguna Record Car will end up.....maybe in the secret-stash museum in Detroit...but I cannot imagine them being raffled for customer street use....

Last edited:

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler agreed to sell off some of the Skip Barber School Vipers, despite the bashing and hammering those cars underwent on tracks. I was beyond surprised.

Weren't they all one color scheme? What model years were they? Any way of tracking their history like we've been doing for the SRT Track Experience cars?

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I misread your thread.... ASSumed you meant 'who will BUY a Laguna-Seca ACR.' Only 33 lucky folks will do that, the rarest pure-edition Viper to date. it would be cool to start a 1:33 registry on that beast ASAP.

"The Lawyers" historically, would NOT let any car that had been track-tested or proving-grounds endurance tested woul ever migrate to become a licensed vehicle. Fearing litigation if any component failed, those cars were museum-bound or 'crushed.' Notable exception: during either the Daimlera (Daimler Era) late, or Cerbera (Cerberus Era) early, Chrysler agreed to sell off some of the Skip Barber School Vipers, despite the bashing and hammering those cars underwent on tracks. I was beyond surprised.

The "#1 ACR RAFFLE CAR" was on MSO to Chrysler Promotions....Show car, not a tracked car.

So, enter Chrysler LLC. Different financial picture. I have no idea what-where-how the historic 'Ring car, {which was displayed at Laguna as mentioned in videos) and the Laguna Record Car will end up.....maybe in the secret-stash museum in Detroit...but I cannot imagine them being raffled for customer street use....

Why only 33 cars?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why only 33 cars?

Because that was the record time...1:33, so only 33 are being produced.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When they go back to The Ring the time will come down and then there will be even less of them available if they make a "Ring Edition"

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Winkler, this test car "came right off the assembly line to the hauler". Ironically, I figure it will actually be the least rare of all the 2010 Vipers...given all the possible combos to order.

viperpalmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seca and the new voi11 are the sharpest vipers I have seen in years. Either way almost every viper that you order this year is going to be special and you will be able to tell the difference both visually and performance (although on a lesser scale) wise from the previous years. Over 7,000 different possible combinations makes it very easy to get a one of one viper.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
[COLOR=black said:
Boxer12[/color];2780655]According to Winkler, this test car "came right off the assembly line to the hauler". Ironically, I figure it will actually be the least rare of all the 2010 Vipers...given all the possible combos to order.

Customer trim level selections aside, what a customner orders WITHIN an edition does not make that a Special Edition. There are a dozen examples of "under 10" trim levels.

The 1:33 E d i t i o n with 33 numbered cars is the smallest Viper edition announced to date.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many Voodoo's are being sold, and are they going to be a Special numbered edition? I think that would make a great ALMS Pace Car Edition when the ALMS comes to Indy!!!

I hope they do more than put a vinyl sticker on these SECA's.

Why is Dodge selling the 2010 Viper as a 'collector' car (Ralph's words) anyway? Makes you think, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery