Why are some convertbles painted this way?

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do some convertibles have the area above the rear diffuser painted black and some the same color as the body?I am sorry but the exact name of this part of the vehicle eludes me.Is this done only on convertibles that came from the factory with a stripe option or are there other determining reasons?

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do some convertibles have the area above the rear diffuser painted black and some the same color as the body?I am sorry but the exact name of this part of the vehicle eludes me.Is this done only on convertibles that came from the factory with a stripe option or are there other determining reasons?

I dont know the name for it maybe rear facia or rear bumper surround.?
All Coupes and Verts that have stripes get the rear section you mentioned painted black while solid colored coupes and verts are painted body color..Kevin

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Aspirations is on the money!

Striped SRTs get the black out rear diffuser. Consider the alternative.... a Stripe that just ... stops ... in the middle of the rear... as it would be incredibly difficult to follow through with the stripes on that rear portion, with all its' nooks and crannies.

OP
OP

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the black out look as well on certain colors.My vehicle is Venom Red and personally feel it does not look that great on this particular color.I like mine painted body color.

Trevor

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My vehicle is Venom Red and personally feel it does not look that great on this particular color.I like mine painted body color.

Trevor

Agreed it works better with the brighter colors. The darker colored cars, looks better to keep the rear piece body color.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my no stripe red car, I was thinking of having it "wrapped" with vinyl to make sure I like the look before going to paint. Is it a semi-gloss or more flat black on the stripped cars?

Cheers,
George

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
DSC03295.JPG

03redb.jpg

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the pics it seems like the striped cars have the black and the solid cars have it painted...but I could be wrong...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang