Why did my security alarm do this?

red06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, last night I was sitting in the viper in my garage, and I wanted to reset my trip meter, I take that it is the black push button next to speedo.Hit it a couple of times and nothing happened, Held it down for a few seconds and Bang, Horn, lights, Woke up everybody. I did not have my key with me so I had to run into the house, run back, and start playing with the lock-unlock buttons on the fob. It stopped, Nothing in my owners manual about this. Any ideas. Thanks:omg:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, last night I was sitting in the viper in my garage, and I wanted to reset my trip meter, I take that it is the black push button next to speedo.Hit it a couple of times and nothing happened, Held it down for a few seconds and Bang, Horn, lights, Woke up everybody. I did not have my key with me so I had to run into the house, run back, and start playing with the lock-unlock buttons on the fob. It stopped, Nothing in my owners manual about this. Any ideas. Thanks:omg:

Battery???.

This was my first thought. Were you trying to reset the trip while the keys were in the off position?

OP
OP
R

red06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, keys were in the house, I read the manual again about the security system and I have a idea, but it is Sun. morning and I do not want to wake up the neighborhood.
I was sitting in the car,feet hanging over the side of the sill, The odometer read miles then showed door locked, I hit the door switch to show door unlocked, door locked to see the display. Manual says system is armed after 45sec.Even with the door open, the hood was up and I wonder if that triggered it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang