why i hate SSG (or green with envy)

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a recent trip to the keys with 5 other Vipers, the SSG charmed all on lookers.

everyone loved the cars but the SSG got most of the attention.

my black 2000 RT/10, the only gen 2 in the group, gots lots of approval due to the body style, but that damn SSG was the star of the show.

in key west, a guy with a small child in his arms chased the SSG for 3 blocks just to get a picture.

at south beach we all parked in front of the clevelander and talk about stopping traffic. vettes and ferraris were chocking traffic to get a look.

You must be registered for see images attach

couple of pics with a beautiful girl I met at south beach.
green eyes and SSG what a match.
just so happens she is traveling the world . check out her website at lunadiscovery.com
more pics to follow.

Last edited:

JJB500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would run after the SSG too! Yeah she does look like Angelina Jolie, minus the tattoos & lips........

tennis tom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep cute chick, I'll look up her website and invite her to try one on with black stripes if she gets to frisco in her world travels.

Not a day goes by that something interesting doesn't happen when I pull mine out. This is not a color for introverts!

One question I get asked is "What does it taste like?". I tell them like a sour-apple Jolly Rancher. I had one tranvestite in the tenderloin stop in the cross-walk and ask if he/she could taste it, sure why not it's got a clear-coat--he licked it from the passenger headlight to the windshield, I'm not kidding!

A girl at my club asked, "Is that your's?", with a look of disbelief, "yep", then she proposed on the spot, I asked her where she wanted to honeymoon?

I had a black one too, but once I saw the pictures and read the review on the internet, I had to have SSG with black stripes, and I'm not that kind of guy. The color picked me.

Last edited:

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is the best looking color on any car to date. That is why I had to have it. And that is why I paid MSRP to get it in March of last year (still kicking myself).

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is the best looking color on any car to date. That is why I had to have it. And that is why I paid MSRP to get it in March of last year (still kicking myself).
yaw im still kicking myself too on my ssg purchase last year in april but i love the car

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We call ours the rock star car! My venom gets looks but the SSG moves people to grab their cameras. Cannot wait to see the pics around the world!:drive:

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a big green paint fan but SSG is one of the few greens I like on a car. :2tu: I'm not sure I would take the opinions of people in Key West to seriously. :crazy2:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SSG is definitely the coolest Viper color ever. If I ever buy a Gen 4, it will have be SSG without a doubt :headbang: I'd either go solid or with black stripes :drive:

I had one tranvestite in the tenderloin stop in the cross-walk and ask if he/she could taste it, sure why not it's got a clear-coat--he licked it from the passenger headlight to the windshield, I'm not kidding!

:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: If "it" did that to my car, I'd wait until their tongue got on the hood and I'd see exactly how hard I could launch off the line and run them over. :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono: Good gawd, thats the worst Viper story I've ever heard. Well, at least they asked and had your permission to do so. You're a lot more understanding person than I am.

A girl at my club asked, "Is that your's?", with a look of disbelief, "yep", then she proposed on the spot, I asked her where she wanted to honeymoon?

Ok, better story ;) Post pics and it'll be a even better story :D

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why does it have to be a black or white thing?

why does it have to be a black or white thing!--

You must be registered for see images

(not my pic by the way--found it here awhile ago--stunning shot though)

tennis tom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's another one, a few weeks ago I had the SSG out in North Beach in the white zone outside my business. An elderly Japanese tourist couple came by and started admiring my snake. I smiled and said hello. In broken English they asked if they could take pictures and I said sure. I was preocupied putting stuff in my trunk when I looked up the wife was inside the driver's seat while her husband was taking pictures out in the street.

I thought it was a little bold to actually open the door and get inside but given how Japanese tourists are so reserved (until they get sushied and sakeed up) I found the scene rather charming and endearing.

SSG's bring out such spontaneous instinctive behavior in people.

OP
OP
M

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple more pics. pics of the cars will follow.

Last edited:

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn wish i would of known about this, i live on south beach =/

would of loved to pass by with my viper

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it does seem like color is everything. last year when i had my 03 black viper it seemed like not that many people noticed it. now that i have an 06 coupe blue with white stripes it seems like everyone looks and takes pictures i love it

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, should have gotten SSG. Oh well, at least mine is only 1 of 7. So there is exclusivity in resale.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang