Why such good deals on new Vipers?

K

Kaya

I am a Corvette convert.....I sold my 2002 Z06 and bought a Viper.....I love it...

I wanted a new Z06 and everyone wanted to put me on a waiting list or charge more than sticker. On the other hand the Viper was in stock and available and was less than sticker. Most people wouldn't drive a Viper everyday....but now that I have 1200 miles on my new 2006 coupe, I wouldn't trade it for any Vette. It's comfortable, it's a blast to drive and it's a show stopper. I never had this much attention with any Vette.

I don't need any electronic nannies to monitor my driving and it has rained all day for two days straight. If you drive with a little common sense...you don't need traction control.

I am one person that is very pleased that DC offered some fantastic deals on these cars! It helped that my husband sold me my car :) He started as new car sales for the dealer a week before my car showed up. :) That was actually a coincidence as we are friends with the dealer. But it made everything sweeter and its great advertisement.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only "new" Viper that you will see in September is the white/blue striped special edition. You may see the 2008 Viper at the Detroit auto show in January but there is no guarantee that it will be faster or better looking. My grandad used to say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. There are a lot of bush watchers on this site. LOL. JMO.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree, they had a lot of fun bringing the coupe concept to VOI last time. And the proof of the that is that they actually changed the styling based on what they heard there. They will bring a concept Viper to VOI. Maybe only the facelifted interim model. But they will bring it.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who want's to pay full price for a car that everyone knows is taking a year off because it's not selling, and they're brining out a new one with more HP....?? wait a bit longer and you'll get a really good deal on the used coupes when the new ones come out.....

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Z06s are taking a hit too. The first one I looked at was marked up $20K over list. Fast forward to the end of May 06. I saw a brand new ZO6 at the same dealer that had an "adjusted market value" mark up of $1K. I really did not believe what I saw, so I took a closer look and confirmed it. The bottom number was $71K and change. So don't think that Vipers are the omly one getting hammered. Look at the same cars 3 years down the road and see what has held it value better.