Why such good deals on new Vipers?

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why such good deals on new Vipers. Aftrer all, they're not manufacturing them for 07. I noticed a few dealers knocking 10-12 grand off listed prices. You can get a new Coupe for about 78k and a Roadster for about 75k.

Bat™

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems the style never really hit off that well but who knows. Since the coupe seems, as of now to be only a 1 year run (2006), they are holding value a lot more but the convertibles are the great buys now. Look harder, and you can get convertibles for another $5K - $10K off of what you stated above depending on the color and year. I would say for a new 2005 Convertible, unless it is a Commerative, stay under $70,000 and for a 2006 unless it is blue, stay under $72,000! Any year in the high $60's is a good deal and $65,000 and under, TAKE IT! Good luck with your search.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple; the new ZO6. It's cheaper, a bit faster and is easier to drive because of all the nanny controls. Someone at DC had a brain-fart and decided to crank up production on a car that wasn't selling well to begin with, and now the market is saturated. GM told the world what it had up it's sleeve, and it fell if deaf ears at DC. Would you pay $10-20K more for a slower car just because it was a Viper?

The Coupe is just an SRT-10 with a roof. How did that help the horsepower/weight problem? I give credit to GM, they knocked one out of the park with the new vet and they're talking about raising the bar even more...anybody at SRT listening?

JiPi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in Switzerland, you can get very good deals too on new Vipers lately. Up to 30% off regular price. I asked a Dodge dealer the other day about why that drop of prices, and he told me that it had to do with the new Z06: about 30 new Z06 have been sold since the beginning of the year in Switzerland, when only two Vipers did during that same period. Now Vipers and Z06 are about the same price here.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supply n demand.

Customers willing to pay $80k for a no frills muscle cars, and a rare and limited breed.

Now don’t we feel special?

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One or two mods later the Viper is faster, looks better and you do not see one on every street corner. Recently, I had a 06 ZO6 in the burnt orange color from Sarasota lose real bad to me on the Power Tour. :2tu:

Does anyone keep there car stock anymore???

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion with all the rumors of more hp on the 08 model it makes no sense in buying one now I rather wait a year and see what happens. After all the 06 models will only go down so its a WIN/WIN...Adrian

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Simple; the new ZO6. It's cheaper, a bit faster and is easier to drive because of all the nanny controls. Would you pay $10-20K more for a slower car just because it was a Viper?

Im a new Viper owner and can say I gladly payed more,and I dont have a ton of money either. I wanted something not seen on every corner. Every time I see a Vette I mostly see old ladies getting into them. And the average operson doenst know a Z06 from a regular Vette. And even the Z06 doesnt turn heads. I notice them only cause Im a car guy.
Now the Viper... It turns everyones heads. Ive had some nice cars and turned some heads, but its ridiculous in the Viper. Its almost too much attention. It just looks so hot. And I try to find other Vipers on the road but cant. I love that DC keeps limited production on them. So let the Vette be faster or cheaper, it sure doesnt look or fell as good.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion with all the rumors of more hp on the 08 model it makes no sense in buying one now I rather wait a year and see what happens. After all the 06 models will only go down so its a WIN/WIN...Adrian

Downside to that is the 08 will probably cost more..

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you pay $10-20K more for a slower car just because it was a Viper?

WITHOUT QUESTION

You see corvettes on every street corner and one is hard pressed to tell a vette from a zo6

1 cole

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will pay more for the VIPER. Why is it,so many times, that Gen. I&II guys have so much knowledge of Gen III cars??? It is only money and we will make more.

Reaction score
Simple; the new ZO6. It's cheaper, a bit faster and is easier to drive because of all the nanny controls. Someone at DC had a brain-fart and decided to crank up production on a car that wasn't selling well to begin with, and now the market is saturated. GM told the world what it had up it's sleeve, and it fell if deaf ears at DC. Would you pay $10-20K more for a slower car just because it was a Viper?

The Coupe is just an SRT-10 with a roof. How did that help the horsepower/weight problem? I give credit to GM, they knocked one out of the park with the new vet and they're talking about raising the bar even more...anybody at SRT listening?
Most of the chevy dealers are getting 5 to 20 over sticker except for a few dealers they are only getting 1 or 2 a year and there playing games with them. There is no one at chevy who can fix the vette let alone a 06 Z06 If you think that the C5 was out from 97 to 04 and they still couldn't fix mine I had to do it myself. When I bought my new 06 Z it had many problems and the mech at chevy said we only got your one car I have never seen or fixed this car before scared the hell out of me. I sold my car and bought a viper. The quality control and detail is far better than GM. I paids less for the 06 viper than the 06 Z and really pleased to be here if the Z didn't crap out everytime I drove it I would still be driving it. Picked up new Viper last Friday and never looked back.

corseviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's not just Dodge dealers that are forced to lower
their prices on Vipers. If you haven't noticed, everything
high end is not moving. Look at the boat market - It's
dead, high end home sales - Dead.
Their are more factors to the slow sales than just
the cars spec's.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mass produced Z Vette is faster than all of the Aston Martins, the Ferraris under 300K, all of the Porsches under 150K and other limited edition vehicles. Would any of the people that drive these "slower" vehicles get the Vette? No. So why is the Vette/ Viper comparison any different? Why would a Viper person want a Vette? The Vette is a totally different experience which has been pitched to those who want robot assisted power and cannot afford the luxory of a more costly limited edition vehicle. In some ways it is a poser car for those who do not have the driving skills to master a nonrobotic Viper. It could be considered "Viper Lite". The Viper is a limited edition high torque, muscle/road car with road course capabilities that are exceptional. In many ways, the Viper is the American cultural equivalent of the Ferrari. Those who cannot see this are blind to what the Viper is about. Owning a Viper is not just about statistics. Every true Viper person knows that the Viper he or she will get is not finished by the factory. It is a partially completed work of engineering art to be finished by each owner. I think that SRT is very much aware of this aspect of the Viper. They know that the Viper is not just a car. It, more than almost any other car I can think of, represents a particular kind of world view - the view of a predator.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just Dodge dealers that are forced to lower
their prices on Vipers. If you haven't noticed, everything
high end is not moving. Look at the boat market - It's
dead, high end home sales - Dead.
Their are more factors to the slow sales than just
the cars spec's.

lets hope we see the prices of older muscle cars finally take a downturn now too.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mass produced Z Vette is faster than all of the Aston Martins, the Ferraris under 300K, all of the Porsches under 150K and other limited edition vehicles. Would any of the people that drive these "slower" vehicles get the Vette? No. So why is the Vette/ Viper comparison any different? Why would a Viper person want a Vette? The Vette is a totally different experience which has been pitched to those who want robot assisted power and cannot afford the luxory of a more costly limited edition vehicle. In some ways it is a poser car for those who do not have the driving skills to master a nonrobotic Viper. It could be considered "Viper Lite". The Viper is a limited edition high torque, muscle/road car with road course capabilities that are exceptional. In many ways, the Viper is the American cultural equivalent of the Ferrari. Those who cannot see this are blind to what the Viper is about. Owning a Viper is not just about statistics. Every true Viper person knows that the Viper he or she will get is not finished by the factory. It is a partially completed work of engineering art to be finished by each owner. I think that SRT is very much aware of this aspect of the Viper. They know that the Viper is not just a car. It, more than almost any other car I can think of, represents a particular kind of world view - the view of a predator.

I feel Dodge and it's dealers should follow the lead of Woodhouse. Offer many options to the Viper buyers, and have them dealer installed. The dealer, and DC, can make a larger profit, and Viper Buyers get the Viper of their dreams. Everyone's happy.

2005 Silver SRT/10

Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see how the pricing would have anything to do with the Z06. The Viper just doesn't seem to be selling as well as previously thought. The demand for the type of car the Viper is doesn't seem to be that high because it is a raw sportscar.

Ms Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned 4 Corvettes and have enjoyed them very much. However, there is no comparison with my new Dodge Viper 2006 coupe.

What an experience!

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen II guy. I am no expert by any means on Gen III cars although I have driven them a few times. I think a big factor is that we expect a big change for 2008 and given it's late July and we may know something in mid September, it makes sense to wait until VOI to see what 2008 will bring.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen II guy. I am no expert by any means on Gen III cars although I have driven them a few times. I think a big factor is that we expect a big change for 2008 and given it's late July and we may know something in mid September, it makes sense to wait until VOI to see what 2008 will bring.
What are we speculating the changes to be. Obviously a HP increase but will there be any change in the body style?

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe Public isn't going to pay $10K more for a car that every magazine has said is a slower car just because it's low production and hand built. People want the fastest, cheapest car they can get. The Vet is also MUCH cheaper to modify because there are so many of them. I'll never buy a vet, but I also wouldn't buy a GenIII because I don't like the way it looks compared to a GenII.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
96 GTS said: "Joe Public isn't going to pay $10K more for a car that every magazine has said is a slower car just because it's low production and hand built. People want the fastest, cheapest car they can get."

Please read my post above. The Viper was never made for "Joe Public" or "Joe Six Pack." The "People" who want the fastest, cheapest car they can get are not the traditional Viper owner. Those people could, and did, buy the Mustang and changed the pulley, exhaust and did a little tuning. They also bought stock Vettes, added a Procharger,exhaust mods and a little tuning. Just as Ferraris, Turbo Porsches, Aston Martins, and Lamborghinis are not for Joe Public, neither is the Viper. If DC ever dumbs down the Viper to a mass produced nanny tech, plastic level, many of us will spend more money and get a car that properly reflects the special and unique nature of the traditional Viper owner. Alot of the recent posters on this chatline do not understand what a Viper is about. Maybe its a generational issue.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe Public isn't going to pay $10K more for a car that every magazine has said is a slower car just because it's low production and hand built. People want the fastest, cheapest car they can get. The Vet is also MUCH cheaper to modify because there are so many of them. I'll never buy a vet, but I also wouldn't buy a GenIII because I don't like the way it looks compared to a GenII.

There are many things that go into a persons decision the purchase a Viper. Being the fastest in the magazines is just one. If fastest was the only thing, Corvette would have been discontinued in 1992.
Another one is some people don't like being Joe Public. IMO

2005 Silver SRT/10

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to another post I read the other day about the 2008 Viper. Their will be some body refreshing. They say a 8.4 sfi v10-estimate of 600-650 hp. It would be offered also in a coupe.

I understand their will possibly be a debut in Septembr at Vegas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang